Cell phone location tracking app?

Author
krane
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 5067
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 15
2020/06/16 14:43:41 (permalink)
My niece who lives with me is 13 years old now so we bought her an iPhone 11. Now the location app she had on her old phone doesn't work because it's an Android app.  Does anyone know a good app that will work on her iPhone and I can track her on my Samsung Galaxy android phone?
Thanks 
krane

i7 7800X | EVGA x299 micro |Corsair H100i | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB
| EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING |Tosiba OCZ-TR150 ssd| EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G5 PS  | Win 11 pro 64-bit | Corsair Obsidian 350D
Affiliate Code: PPZ-BV2-N9LE
"When it stops being fun,  it's no longer a game"
Heatware 

11 Replies Related Threads

Delirious
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 17474
    • Ribbons : 61
    Re: Cell phone location tracking app? 2020/06/16 17:23:13 (permalink)
    iphone has location tracking.   find my friends.  You can activate that and if you have an ipad or old iphone, link it up (no need for service if it's on wifi).     I follow my mom on find my friends, just because she wanted that security living along.   I don't know if there's an app equivalent on both platforms though.   

"Be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger" 
    Affiliate Code XZUMV9TJW5
    Associate Code: 7PM43CU71IB2IAP
    education may be expensive but wait until you get the bill for ignorance
    A wise man once said that we can't make anyone feel or do anything. We can throw things into the wind, but it's up to each person to decide how they want to react, where they want to stand when things fall.
    krane
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: Cell phone location tracking app? 2020/06/16 17:41:59 (permalink)
    Delirious
    iphone has location tracking.   find my friends.  You can activate that and if you have an ipad or old iphone, link it up (no need for service if it's on wifi).     I follow my mom on find my friends, just because she wanted that security living along.   I don't know if there's an app equivalent on both platforms though.   

I know iphone has tracking but I tried to see if I could use it for me to track...no go. I'll keep looking thanks.

| EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING |Tosiba OCZ-TR150 ssd| EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G5 PS  | Win 11 pro 64-bit | Corsair Obsidian 350D
    Heatware 

Delirious
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 17474
    • Ribbons : 61
    Re: Cell phone location tracking app? 2020/06/16 18:10:16 (permalink)
    Iphone has location tracking.   You can log into the icloud.com website using the iphones apple ID and use the find my iphone feature.   You can do that from your galaxy phone's browser. 

"Be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger" 
    Affiliate Code XZUMV9TJW5
    Associate Code: 7PM43CU71IB2IAP
    education may be expensive but wait until you get the bill for ignorance
    A wise man once said that we can't make anyone feel or do anything. We can throw things into the wind, but it's up to each person to decide how they want to react, where they want to stand when things fall.
    krane
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: Cell phone location tracking app? 2020/06/16 19:49:51 (permalink)
    Delirious
    Iphone has location tracking.   You can log into the icloud.com website using the iphones apple ID and use the find my iphone feature.   You can do that from your galaxy phone's browser. 

Really?  I'll look into that.

Heatware 

JGLuxe
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 7192
    • Ribbons : 17
    Re: Cell phone location tracking app? 2020/06/16 20:52:01 (permalink)
    yup, it's called find my iphone.

Activate it and as long as you have access to her icloud, you will be able to see where she is.

i9-12900ks @ | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA

Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    • Total Posts : 18916
    • Ribbons : 58
    Re: Cell phone location tracking app? 2020/06/18 03:35:04 (permalink)

Google Maps has tracking.. I'm assuming Google Maps works on Apple..

post edited by Nereus - 2020/06/18 03:36:31

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: Cell phone location tracking app? 2020/06/18 04:23:29 (permalink)
    Make her part of your iPhone family through Family Sharing and then turn on location tracking.

One thing to be careful of is purchases. If you don’t want her buying things with your Apple account, make sure you don’t charge purchases.. I caught my wife buying Angry Bird tokens because of shared purchases lol.
    Hillguy
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1320
    • Ribbons : 10
    Re: Cell phone location tracking app? 2020/06/18 04:39:49 (permalink)
    the_Scarlet_one
    Make her part of your iPhone family through Family Sharing and then turn on location tracking.
    One thing to be careful of is purchases. If you don’t want her buying things with your Apple account, make sure you don’t charge purchases.. I caught my wife buying Angry Bird tokens because of shared purchases lol.

He does not have an I phone , he's looking for an app that's cross compatible with his Android phone.  I am useless to provide any suggestions because I am ilergic

eVGA RTX 3090 Kingpin Hydrocopper | eVGA X299 Dark | Intel i9 10980XE | Heatkiller IV CPU Block | 32 GB GSkill Trident Z 3200  | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo | Dual Corsair AX1200i PSU's | Dual Koolance RP-1000 Pumps | Dual Koolance EHX-1320 4x120mm Rads | W10 | Asus PB278Q | Acer 20" | Razer Death Stalker | Razer Death Adder | Thermaltake Armor+
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30975
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Cell phone location tracking app? 2020/06/18 07:18:35 (permalink)
    Google Maps all let you track your kid's location & other subscription service listed below

The Best Parental Control Apps for Your Phone (excerpt)Location Reporting and Emergencies
    A mobile parental control app should at the very least be able to keep track of a child's current location and some historical location data, too. It's also important for them to offer some level of control over notifications and the frequency of location reporting, to avoid bombarding the parent with useless data. Both Qustodio and Norton Family offer these features.

Some services, including Locategy, Boomerang, and FamilyTime, go one step further, letting you construct geofences around a location. For the uninitiated, geofences are digital boundaries around a physical location that help parents keep track of when a child arrives at or leaves a given location. Kaspersky Safe Kids even lets you add a dimension of time to a geofence, so you can easily make sure a child stays where they are supposed to be throughout the day. Boomerang offers a unique feature, in that you can draw custom geofences on a map; others just create a circular radius around a point you define. Note that Android, iOS, and Google Maps all let you track your kid's location.

One last feature worth mentioning is an SOS button. When a child presses this button, it sends out an alert to the parent and any other trusted contacts. The notification includes time and location information and will (in some cases) keep broadcasting said data until either the child deactivates the alarm or the parent disables it from their own account. This works regardless of platform and even if a child has run out of their allotted time. Parents who are worried about always being reachable to their kids in case of emergencies should consider Qustodio and Locategy for this reason. As a precaution, many services always allow access to the phone app in case of an emergency.

Use These Six Apps to Track Friends and Family on a Map

Best 8 Location 🌎 Tracking Apps for Android and iPhone that Trace Your Loved Ones [2020]
    (excerpt) Many of these 8  seem to be cross platform capable

mSpy is a popular iPhone and Android family tracker.

Google Maps is surely one of the best and most popular family location tracking apps for iPhone and Android mobiles. .

Life360 - Family Locator  The mobile location tracker app also includes cross-platform location sharing and in-app messaging.

Spyzie - all-in-one handy Android and iPhone tracker

Glympse

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: Cell phone location tracking app? 2020/06/18 07:23:27 (permalink)
    Hillguy
    the_Scarlet_one

He does not have an I phone , he's looking for an app that's cross compatible with his Android phone.  I am useless to provide any suggestions because I am ilergic

Oh my apologies.

There should definitely be an easy to use App. For now, create an Apple account, and create a family profile, as set up find my iPhone. This can be done through a web browser until a suitable app can be located.

OP may also try contacting Apple support and explain the situation.
    krane
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: Cell phone location tracking app? 2020/06/18 15:01:29 (permalink)
    Thanks, guys for all the info. I am going to check those Cool GTX, thanks again.

Heatware 

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile