Author
JVgrx07
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/06/15 16:55:54 (permalink)
Hello

I recently received my Nu Audio (non pro) and I'm very happy with it
Unfortunately I'm facing an issue that even completely desinstalling and reinstalling the drivers (as well as removing any trace of user settings) didn't fix -- the 10 band EQ is working only if I lower the gain, but not if I boost it, which is kinda silly

Thanks in advance for helping

And sorry if this has already been reported

3 Replies Related Threads

Vivicector
    • Total Posts : 70
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: EQ is (half) working 2020/06/15 23:12:15 (permalink)
    LeeM have posted about this. Its to prevent clipping. Is your system sound level at 100%? If yes, lower it down a bit (even 99% will work) and try again.
    By the way, best usage of EQ is not to rise volume, but tone down everything else and then you may rise base system volume a bit. Usually its less distortion-prone.
    JVgrx07
    • Total Posts : 2
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: EQ is (half) working 2020/06/17 15:17:33 (permalink)
    Yes that was my problem, thank you!
    So I used your method, i.e. lowering the frequencies that I don't want. The thing is that I mostly listen to classical music, which has a very wide dynamic range so I like to boost the volume quite a lot. Fortunately this card has plenty of power.
    It's still a pity that this software limitation isn't mentionned elsewhere than in a hidden forum post. This would prevent a lot of confusion. Not to mention the fact that this feature only seems to apply to the advanced EQ and not the bass/treble boost and voice clarity options which I would assume do effectively the same thing.
    EVGA_Lee
    • Total Posts : 4247
    • Ribbons : 14
    Re: EQ is (half) working 2020/06/19 11:46:55 (permalink)
    JVgrx07
    Yes that was my problem, thank you!
    So I used your method, i.e. lowering the frequencies that I don't want. The thing is that I mostly listen to classical music, which has a very wide dynamic range so I like to boost the volume quite a lot. Fortunately this card has plenty of power.
    It's still a pity that this software limitation isn't mentionned elsewhere than in a hidden forum post. This would prevent a lot of confusion. Not to mention the fact that this feature only seems to apply to the advanced EQ and not the bass/treble boost and voice clarity options which I would assume do effectively the same thing.

It's actually both a hardware and software limitation.  Vivicector mentioned clipping, but it's actually to protect the card from exceeding power specs.  

The reason it only applies to the Advanced EQ is that the bass/treble boost uses the Nahimic API to adjust the EQ.  
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile