EVGA

evga z10 (non rgb) macro problems

Author
jnic2003
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/05/27 18:57:31 (permalink)
I recently picked up this keyboard real cheap knowing ahead of time that the software is really buggy, im using Aida 64 for the LCD display but i would really like to somehow use the macro keys. I was going to try to use auto hot key to handle the macros, but the macro keys dont actually send a scan code while they are not programmed to anything. So then my next idea was to try to assign for example e1 to the shortcut ctrl + alt+ f1 in evga unleashed so then i could use that shortcut in auto hot key to program it, but... evga unleashed doesn't let you remap a key to multiple keys, and if i try to make a macro with multiple keys it releases each of they keys in between and doesn't let me (press) them all at once. so then i had an idea to remap the macro keys to any of the f13-f24 keys but im not sure how i would trigger that virtual key to be able to reassign it to the macro keys. so if anyone knows of a way i could do that or has a better idea on getting these macro keys to be recognized by auto hot key.

1 Reply Related Threads

hydroin
    • Total Posts : 3
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: evga z10 (non rgb) macro problems 2020/06/10 13:15:15 (permalink)
    Yeah the keyboard has issues with any modifier keys, holding down multiple keys, and generally going anything that would make you want to use the macro keys for anything, Really wish that EVGA would push some sort of an update to make the older Z10 keyboards functional as more than just a keyboard understanding that its not necessarily supported now that they have the RGB z10s around.

Best bet for tossing a solution together would be see if you can write a script that presses f13 or any other key that the keyboard will pick up and rebind the keys with the unleash software and writing the script you want to run off of a f13 keypress with autohotkey. Other issues that i've had with the keyboard include the ridiculous time it takes to flash a profile to local memory, the clunky interface that takes ages to tab between in unleash, the media keys which rarely function and arent able to be rebound, almost no official documentation in the box or on the website, and the macros saving even after deleting them and restoring the profile to defaults so unbound and the macros arent saved anywhere I can see them even in my files. only fix I found for this was renaming the profile to clear where it was looking. probably going to run into memory issues later on if I keep doing that to avoid running old macros. while we're at it being able to change the LCD color independently of the profile would be nice. and rebinding the G/PC button to switch N-key 6-key would be good too. if they could just put the X10 macro software into the unlease z10 software that would also improve how people were able to use their keyboard. one last long shot for features that would be nice, instead of using the sliders only as dimming or volume being able to control a media player or other applications volume with the other slider would be nice, should be possible too since you can switch volume and dimmer between one another. couple of other small things if anyone at evga is reading this, including a manual with either the software or the device, or including the software or a notice to get the software from your website would make things a lot easier to get along with things for new users. as it stands the forum is basically the only place to get information on this product and its getting frustrating to browse for information or how to do something everytime I forget how to change something with my keyboard.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile