2070 XC RMA/No receipt

Author
Meehow
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/05/17 16:51:23 (permalink)
Hello anyone and everyone.
I've been having some issues with my 2070 XC ultra (bought December 2018)  crashing/blacking out on me. I had no clue it was the GPU until the computer repair store told me their 'scan' had determined it was my GPU causing the issue. They had apparently fixed it by re applying thermal paste. fast forward to now. Random games crash while other run for a limited time. For example games like World of Tanks, Call of Duty Modern Warfare run. While games like Mordhau, Star wars clone commandos, Red Orchestra 2, rising storm 2, all crash before I can even select an option from the main menu. I did however get star was Battle front 2(2017) to load the main menu and run the main menu, however when I go to launch a game; it begins to blackout/crash when I start to get loaded into a match. 

I contacted EVGA costumer service and they told me to do some of my own trouble shooting (which I did for the most part) and have come to the conclusion that it is in fact the GPU. But heres my problem I bought the GPU around black Friday of 2018. I never saved the receipt, nor did I buy any warranties from micro center. I do have my bank statement from 2018 showing that I did make a purchase at Micro center. When I try calling Micro center customer service I get placed on hold for hours and have never had anyone pick up. (I understand covid19 is probably slowing things down for them) 
Is it possible to do this RMA with the situation that I am in? or am I going to just have to kick rocks, or possibly just bite the pillow and buy another 2070? 
Any insight and help is appreciated, I really dont know where to go or what to do at this point. 

4 Replies Related Threads

sparetimepc
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2413
    • Ribbons : 27
    Re: 2070 XC RMA/No receipt 2020/05/17 17:03:00 (permalink)
    Meehow
    Hello anyone and everyone.
    I've been having some issues with my 2070 XC ultra (bought December 2018)  crashing/blacking out on me. I had no clue it was the GPU until the computer repair store told me their 'scan' had determined it was my GPU causing the issue. They had apparently fixed it by re applying thermal paste. fast forward to now. Random games crash while other run for a limited time. For example games like World of Tanks, Call of Duty Modern Warfare run. While games like Mordhau, Star wars clone commandos, Red Orchestra 2, rising storm 2, all crash before I can even select an option from the main menu. I did however get star was Battle front 2(2017) to load the main menu and run the main menu, however when I go to launch a game; it begins to blackout/crash when I start to get loaded into a match. 

I contacted EVGA costumer service and they told me to do some of my own trouble shooting (which I did for the most part) and have come to the conclusion that it is in fact the GPU. But heres my problem I bought the GPU around black Friday of 2018. I never saved the receipt, nor did I buy any warranties from micro center. I do have my bank statement from 2018 showing that I did make a purchase at Micro center. When I try calling Micro center customer service I get placed on hold for hours and have never had anyone pick up. (I understand covid19 is probably slowing things down for them) 
    Is it possible to do this RMA with the situation that I am in? or am I going to just have to kick rocks, or possibly just bite the pillow and buy another 2070? 
    Any insight and help is appreciated, I really dont know where to go or what to do at this point. 

First question is did you register the card when you bought it? If so just click the member tab at the top of the page and click my products and it should show your warranty status there.  If you did not register it at the time then you still can register it under the same member tab then product registration.  A receipt is not required for RMA i don't believe, the warranty should still be covered and would go from the date the card was shipped from the factory. If you do have the receipt and registered it then the warranty would start from the day the original purchaser buys it. 
    post edited by sparetimepc - 2020/05/17 17:09:28

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31001
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: 2070 XC RMA/No receipt 2020/05/17 21:08:22 (permalink)
    Welcome to the EVGA Forums

PC issues are never fun to deal with

Without the Original receipt ... when you bought the GPU ... Secondhand warranty terms apply

Talk with EVGA CS ....  Contact Customer Service

EVGA Warranty

Original and Secondhand Warranty FAQ

How To RMA

looks like your saying light games work & GPU?CPU intensive games crash ?

---> Games can be driver related OR Game issues ... especially online games ...  Which Nvidia driver are you running ?  OS up to date ?

Run a benchmark to test your PC

Remove all OC on your PC to check for stability

These should help you troubleshoot your PC:

Comprehensive Windows 10 Black Screen Trouble shooting Guide

Basic troubleshooting steps. Windows clean boot, clean driver install, debug mode, etc

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

EVGATech_JustinT
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 115
    Re: 2070 XC RMA/No receipt 2020/05/21 19:10:04 (permalink)
    Hello Meehow, if you aren't able to obtain the original invoice for your graphics card, you aren't out of luck in regards to the warranty services. You can create your own invoice, stating you are the current owner of the card, providing the card's information or details (like the part number, model, and serial number) and we would be able to assist as if this was a secondhand purchase allowing us to help with the standard RMA options. Once completed or if you have any further questions, please contact us directly at 888.881.3842 or support@evga.com

Like our service? Please provide feedback for us at the link HERE
    Meehow
    • Total Posts : 3
    Re: 2070 XC RMA/No receipt 2020/05/26 19:21:26 (permalink)
    So I got the receipt from micro center, should I just ship it on over? I registered the card and submitted a ticket as well. I haven't done any trouble shooting, but I will try to do some just in case to confirm 100% that its the card. 
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile