EVGA

Helpful ReplyEVGA Bucks? Folding details please

Author
Megalomando
  • Total Posts : 22
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/05/25 10:05:33 (permalink)
To add to my CUDA count, I bought a 2080Ti 2 weeks ago and saw the EVGA bucks mentioned at checkout. No idea what that is, so I completed the transaction & forgot about that. Now I read here about EVGA Bucks and earning them, but nowhere do I find the details of how they're earned in folding. On the EVGA site they mention ways to earn them (Blue Ribbon, refer someone) & folding, with a link for more info. Click on that link and it tells you how many bucks you have and because of a glitch, not to fake what you have. and there's a link to this part of the forum, but no info on that page with details & no sticky in the forum giving the specific details that I could find. I read that you have to fold under the same name as you have in the forum, but that's it.

I have generated 49 million points under a team of Amateur Radio friends, and depending on the requirements for EVGA Bucks, would dedicate some future points to this team as well, but where do I read up on what's needed to do that to get the Bucks? 

Thanks.
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 30963
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: EVGA Bucks? Folding details please 2020/05/25 10:51:32 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Megalomando 2020/05/25 11:43:48
Folding@EVGA

If you Fold Under the EVGA Team ...   https://www.evga.com/folding/promo.asp

(excerpt)

Year 13 (3/20 - 2/21)

Points per month: EVGA bucks earned
  • 30,000,000: 5 EVGA Bucks (for a total of 10)
  • 10,000,000: 5 EVGA Bucks

Terms and conditions:

By participating in Folding@Home using team 111065, you agree to the terms and conditions of this promotion.

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Megalomando
Re: EVGA Bucks? Folding details please 2020/05/25 11:43:43 (permalink)
Cool,

Thanks!
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: EVGA Bucks? Folding details please 2020/05/25 11:54:30 (permalink)
Keep up the Good effort Folding

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

castrator86
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 816
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: EVGA Bucks? Folding details please 2020/05/25 16:52:05 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Megalomando 2020/05/25 21:15:02
Don't forget that you need to come to your My Folding page and redeem your points.

Megalomando
Re: EVGA Bucks? Folding details please 2020/05/25 23:47:12 (permalink)
Something's not working as I expected. I signed in as Megalomando. entered 111065 which showed properly in the web client. The log shows:
06:18:55:WU00:FS00:Server responded WORK_ACK (400)
06:18:55:WU00:FS00:Final credit estimate, 153206.00 points
06:18:55:WU00:FS00:Cleaning up

but when I went to the Donor Stats I find:
---------
Contributions by team
Team folding@evga
Score 15,396
WUs 1
Date of last work unit 2020-05-26 06:26:11
Active clients (within 50 days)
Active clients (within 7 days)
--------
So the 153,206 points I earned became 15,396 to team EVGA.

Not sure why this happened but the loss of points is too much, so I'll have to pass on continuing with the team.

Thanks for the sign up info though.

Hoggle
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 10098
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: EVGA Bucks? Folding details please 2020/05/26 04:53:08 (permalink)
Keep in mind that the website updates slower then the folding client data. A 2080Ti should be able to make the 10,000,000 in only a few days. Also keep in mind that if you are gaming it's best to pause the folding for best gameplay then turn it back on after you stop playing. I would recommend checking the EVGA website about 24 hours after you look at the client to make sure the numbers match up since it can take about a day for it to catch up.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Megalomando
Re: EVGA Bucks? Folding details please 2020/05/26 08:09:46 (permalink)
Hi Hoggle,

No games on any of my computers, I only bought the 2080Ti as a personal donation toward crunching towards finding a cure for Covid. Once there's a cure and Covid is not a priority, I'll crunch for Alzheimer's research or cancer.

I think the issue is in using the folding host client the way EVGA wants it done, by requiring the EVGA login name matching what is entered in the host client. It appears changing both the name and team in the client but leaving the passkey associated with the original name, disturbs the F @ H grading mechanism. To assign 1/10 the value of the completed WU and leave out the normally elicited values means it is not working within the expected F @ H parameters.

The WU done last night for team EVGA looks like this on the donor page 6-7 hours later.

I see it does not show the date, or active clients, but when I fold under my previously established login for  F @ H, it does and updates immediately and all the data is filled in.

I suspect if I only change the team and not my name in the client, it would work properly and assign the information properly. Apparently changing name and team while leaving the passkey unchanged is not acceptable. If I got a different passkey for my EVGA account, that would work, but it would give me two separate accounts with Folding and my folding ranking would be split between those two accounts and not joined.

I suppose I could join into EVGA again with a new account, using a different email and with my F @ H login name and that would work fine with F @ H, I'd just have to change the team. I've had the Megalomando name with EVGA for a long time but that, nor prior purchases of EVGA cards gave me a penny of discount when I bought the 2080Ti a couple weeks ago.

post edited by Megalomando - 2020/05/26 08:22:18
bill1024
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 11071
  • Ribbons : 65
Re: EVGA Bucks? Folding details please 2020/05/26 10:07:01 (permalink)
You have to turn in 10 work units to prime the quick return bonus
So after 10 good WU returned you get the full credit for each WU

Life is too short to carry a cheap pocket knife

Megalomando
Re: EVGA Bucks? Folding details please 2020/05/26 10:46:29 (permalink)
Hi Bill,

I do understand that 10 requirement, but I've already done that

By entering the EVGA name and team, it is as if a different person is doing the WU's and they do not get applied to my grand total. A passkey appears to be locked into the name of the user. So even though the WU goes to research (the important thing), in the game of points, I lose because the name "Megalomando" is different than the passkey is for, and the passkey is to maintain integrity "This helps to keep others from pretending to be you".

So for me to do it the way EVGA requires, by using the EVGA/Forum name I chose years back when joining this forum and not folding at the time, means I have to start at zero points. As above, I could just get a passkey for Megalomando and I would get the points for the EVGA Bucks, but that would be a separate total score, and I would be unable to join those total score points. Or I could just make a new EVGA account using my Folding account and not sign in here under Megalomando anymore and accumulate points like everyone else..

Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: EVGA Bucks? Folding details please 2020/05/26 12:26:32 (permalink)
This is where you Enter your Folding ID [that Matches your Folding Name -- not your Forums name]

My Profile
     -->Other Information:

-->  EVGA Folding Name*

I did some Volunteer work for a different Team ... changed the Team number .... same Folding name & passkey work as it should ... that 46Million does not show on my EVGA stats ... does show in total points F@H

EVGA Updates their Folding data - from the F@H servers on a different scheduled than the Extreme site

Megalomando
Re: EVGA Bucks? Folding details please 2020/05/26 13:53:17 (permalink)
Hi Cool,

I'm new to this part of the forum so perhaps I have read/understand it wrong. I can't show the url but it's here & at /folding/promo.asp To me, reading #3 below it says, the name I fold with must be the same as I log into EVGA with. My concern is when I go to redeem Bucks, if I run under a different name than my login, I won't get the bucks because its under a different name than my login name. 
----------------
Terms and conditions:
By participating in Folding@Home using team 111065, you agree to the terms and conditions of this promotion.
Folding @ Home OFFICIAL RULES:
Folding@Home Promotion will begin 3/01/2020 and end on 2/28/2021
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
Requirements to participate:
  1. You are at least thirteen (13) years of age or older (and have your parent/legal guardian's permission to enter should you be a minor in your state of residence).
  2. You are a registered EVGA User (registration is free through EVGA website).
  3. Folding name must match EVGA login.
  4. All employees of Sponsor, its parent, affiliates and subsidiaries, and the immediate families and household members of each, are not eligible in submitting an entry to participate in this event.
  5. Please note, the primary "reward" for the EVGA Folding@Home promotion is a set amount of EVGA Bucks per month. EVGA Bucks are used to purchase products from your regional EVGA store. EVGA Bucks may only be used to purchase products in the U.S., Puerto Rico, Canada, and select European countries. If your country does not participate in the EVGA Bucks Program, you will be able to accumulate EVGA Bucks via the EVGA Folding@Home promotion, but you will be unable to use the EVGA Bucks until the EVGA Bucks program is available in your region.
post edited by Megalomando - 2020/05/26 13:55:18
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: EVGA Bucks? Folding details please 2020/05/26 14:17:43 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Megalomando 2020/05/26 17:48:17
Yes, those are the "Terms"  .. but exceptions happen

My Forums name has a space ..... My Folding name does not have the space .. cause F@H would not take the space

The Registered Folding Name in your actual Account in the link I gave you should work

If you want to get some sort of confirmation     Email ---> webmaster@evga.com

subject: Folding Promotion & your Forums name vs Folding name

--> then the correct person can address your concerns

Limits & work around for New members:     Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

ipkha
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2308
  • Ribbons : 6
Re: EVGA Bucks? Folding details please 2020/05/26 14:19:39 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Megalomando 2020/05/26 17:48:21
My folding name is ipkh and my forum name is ipkha, as long as your profile has the right folding name it will be ok. I've had it set up this way for years and have never had a problem.

Megalomando
Re: EVGA Bucks? Folding details please 2020/05/26 17:51:04 (permalink)
Blakes 7... One of my all time favorite series.

Cool & Ipkha, I appreciate the suggestions. 
Syberius81
  • Total Posts : 86
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: EVGA Bucks? Folding details please 2020/05/26 19:47:54 (permalink)
Same as the two guys above me. My Forum name is different than my folding name. Just put the correct folding name in your profile and you should be good.

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile