EVGA

Bug in X1?

Author
Megalomando
  • Total Posts : 22
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/05/24 22:08:45 (permalink)
I've been having some quirks when using Precision X1 and the new V1.0.6 upgrade didn't make any difference.

One is the fan & the auto/manual setting. If I set the fan to say 80% manual. if I try new settings for timing, it keeps reverting the fan setting to auto. If I'm overclocking, I have to go back to the fan, reset it and tap apply. If I'm doing this while running scan or test, it seems to throw off the test. Seems like if manual was selected and a speed was set, it would maintain that instead of defeating the manual setting.

Another issue is when running test, the popup says it will show a pass/fail, but it does not. I only see pass light up when scan is successful. I have never seen Fail lit.

Another issue is when running "Test", no matter what settings I am testing, when done it again, does not show pass/fail lighting up, and it does show a number but the number is always 90. No idea what to do with that, it's always 90 after a test.

When running scan it does show a number like 117, that is the number I entered in the clock window and saved. I assume that is the idea, there is no glossary or worksheet or manual to go with X1 and most of the info in the settings, I have zero idea what to do with. I did follow the EVGA video on youtube but it was more of a conversation and highlight presentation, but not a how-to video. It would save a lot of mistakes and lost time if there were some documentation how to best use this.

It is a cool program and I am running it right now, but for someone who hasn't been browsing the forum & googling for answers for a long time, it's muchly a guessing game.

Cheers!

3 Replies Related Threads

GaryTK
    • Total Posts : 17
    Re: Bug in X1? 2020/05/25 11:55:58 (permalink)
    This program is absolute Garbage. Now I cannot even get OCD to work in Batle.Net games such a Modern Warfare and MW2CR. Back to The Drawing Board.
    EVGA_Lee
    • Total Posts : 4247
    • Ribbons : 14
    Re: Bug in X1? 2020/05/26 18:20:04 (permalink)
    Megalomando
    I've been having some quirks when using Precision X1 and the new V1.0.6 upgrade didn't make any difference.

One is the fan & the auto/manual setting. If I set the fan to say 80% manual. if I try new settings for timing, it keeps reverting the fan setting to auto. If I'm overclocking, I have to go back to the fan, reset it and tap apply. If I'm doing this while running scan or test, it seems to throw off the test. Seems like if manual was selected and a speed was set, it would maintain that instead of defeating the manual setting.

Another issue is when running test, the popup says it will show a pass/fail, but it does not. I only see pass light up when scan is successful. I have never seen Fail lit.

Another issue is when running "Test", no matter what settings I am testing, when done it again, does not show pass/fail lighting up, and it does show a number but the number is always 90. No idea what to do with that, it's always 90 after a test.

When running scan it does show a number like 117, that is the number I entered in the clock window and saved. I assume that is the idea, there is no glossary or worksheet or manual to go with X1 and most of the info in the settings, I have zero idea what to do with. I did follow the EVGA video on youtube but it was more of a conversation and highlight presentation, but not a how-to video. It would save a lot of mistakes and lost time if there were some documentation how to best use this.

It is a cool program and I am running it right now, but for someone who hasn't been browsing the forum & googling for answers for a long time, it's muchly a guessing game.

Cheers!

Which card do you have?
    GaryTK
    • Total Posts : 17
    Re: Bug in X1? 2020/05/26 20:20:25 (permalink)
    EVGATech_LeeM
    Megalomando

Cheers!

Which card do you have?

EVGA RTX 2081 Ti Black
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile