EVGA

LockedEVGA Mother board Support.

Author
Nutts
  • Total Posts : 18
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/05/24 15:46:44 (permalink)
Not sure what they do in the RMA department Guess it is not there job, Here is my story.

Youtube Video of RMA Fun Times with EVGA

So the story goes, I had a Evga Z370 board that was having all sorts of problems. it Keep dropping my M.2 Drives.
Some times it would not boot.  It would also just rest the bios at random. I am not going to list all the problems I had.
So I was like yeah its time to RMA this board. Plus the silk screening was mislabel on ports for the M.2 and sata ports. That made installing a m.2 a nightmare!
I called Evga told the rep all the problems. He said oh do not worry about the silk screening we will be sending a Z390 your way. I was like ok a Free Upgrade! Yeah sure my Trust with Evga was restored.Or as I thought, at this point. So 3 or 4 weeks later this board Shows up. When I looked in the box, it looked just like my same old board. Really did they just take my board and send it back to me? (I was thinking No they couldn't be this low!). At this point my trust was gone again! I looked at the serial number because at this point the rep Lied to my face. (the Trust was gone). It was not the same one! (Thank gosh I was thinking) I was like No Big Deal he lied, I need to get this Video Done. So we set the stage up, got all our cameras, lights & etc ruining.

We started to shoot and I unbox the Evga Board. I get the Cpu ready and motherboard ready for the Cpu. As I was doing this I seen a off color out of the Conner of my Eye it looked off, one of the pins on the socket. No did they really just send me a RMA Board with bent pins! Well yes they did. Now my problem is if this would have been a customer that did not record there unboxing would evga take the board back?? I can tell from what they state on there site. That they do not take boards back with bent pins. But what do you do if they send you a board with bent pins? This is a trust system right? I know the board I sent them had None. I made sure to fill my SD card full of socket Pictures to prove that it was fine.

This was suppose to be a PC build video. ( I was have a great day, happy as I always love doing pc builds video or not) It turned in to a evga RMA fail & rant video. 90% of the rant was cut I got sick of bleeping words. Then me going to best buy & spending $400 on a new board :(. I was so upset you could see it in the Video, you could see it in my face. I end up scraping the hole PC Build Video. Wasted about 3 peoples time & a hole day of shooting. But I did get a EVGA Rma Fail Video out of it.(Perks ?)  This was also the one day I had with a friend that worked in the Film & Tv industry. He was going to show us new stuff & stuff we where doing wrong. All I have to say is I used to love Evga, Until till all of this happened. If your CSR Reps are going to lie to your customers. You may want to clean house. As this is the fastest way to kill a brand. I can tell you all of the New parts in my Thread ripper build where not evga. This is the type of reaction you will get! The PC community is not very forgiving.

To Evga If you read this or management does your Image is just as Important as having good customer support.

(This Is Not a EVGA Warranty Questions)
post edited by Nutts - 2020/05/24 16:01:18

Asus x399
2950X Thread Ripper
128Gb DDR4 3000Mhz
Asus 2070 Super

1 Reply Related Threads

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: EVGA Mother board Support. 2020/05/24 17:34:37 (permalink)
    The original post was moved to Warranty by another mod. You may not “think” this is a warranty question, but it is directly tied to a warranty issue.

For EVGA to be able to see your post, it need to be in the correct section. Since this directly deal with a damaged board and a warranty issue, as well as a warranty replacement, then it needs to be in the correct section... which is warranty.

Please do not create another thread. I will alert EVGA to the original thread and try to get you some assistance, and they can look into your original warranty as well.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile