EVGA

CLC 280 - Can't control FAN speed

Author
ruen392
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/04/03 16:36:28 (permalink)
I have a EVGA CLC 280 AIO. I can control the fan speed with EVGA Flow, I can make the fans go up to 2400RPM. But in the BIOS I can't get it above 1400RPM. Also why is the plug for the fans going into the motherboard only a 3 pin?

How do I make my BIOS be able to spin the fans at full speed (2400RPM).

2 Replies Related Threads

bob16314
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8048
    • Ribbons : 761
    Re: CLC 280 - Can't control FAN speed 2020/04/03 23:43:31 (permalink)
    1. What motherboard do you have?

2. The fans get connected to the pump's fan connectors..The pump contains a fan controller for the fans..The only way the BIOS could control the fans is if they were connected to motherboard fan headers, or single header using a fan cable Y-adapter, and not the pump.

3. The pump (which controls the fans) is not supposed to be PWM controlled which is what a 4-wire connector is for..The pump should run from a motherboard header that's set to 100% in the BIOS.

4. TEAMEVGA EVGA CLC Cooler Installation..You can fast forward to the part about connecting it.

5. You control the pump and fan speeds with the EVGA Flow Control software..Grab the latest version on the EVGA Software page.

* Corsair Obsidian 450D Mid-Tower - Airflow Edition * ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC) * Intel i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz * 16GB G.SKILL Trident Z 4133MHz * Sabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 SSD * WD Black 500 GB HDD * Seasonic M12 II 750W * Corsair H115i Elite Capellix 280mm * EVGA GTX 760 SC * Win7 Home/Win10 Home * 

"Whatever it takes, as long as it works" - Me

GGPIG
    • Total Posts : 3
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: CLC 280 - Can't control FAN speed 2020/12/24 10:22:44 (permalink)
    Dear all EVGA CLC users,

I come to here and reply this post because of I'm one of the EVGA fans. I search around for many many posts and solutions, finally solved my problem by changing all the radiator fans to Noctua NF-A14 PWM:  
    So, I would say the original EVGA radiator fans QC have to be improved. Don't just asking people to go for the RMA, really feel sad as a EVGA fan. Take the recent products of Asus ROG RYUJIN as example, they use Noctua fans as well. I'm not saying EVGA must use Noctua fan, but the originally EVGA CLC radiator fans really got the problem. I guess EVGA should know about it too.

If you are encountering any problem on the radiator fans, such as not spinning, no FAN SPEED showing on the EVGA flow control software...etc, then stopping searching and testing around, just go to buy and replace the radiator fans, Everything will be fine.

Cheers!
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile