Phil Spencer says Scalebound is not coming back

Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102253
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 84
2020/04/02 23:03:31 (permalink)
https://www.kitguru.net/gaming/matthew-wilson/phil-spencer-says-scalebound-is-not-coming-back/

On the latest episode of IGN’s ‘Unlocked’ podcast, Phil Spencer was interviewed and asked about the rumours around Scalebound returning and his answer was pretty straight to the point: “We’re not working on it. I’m not at Platinum today but I’m almost positive they’re not working on it. It’s something we’ve all moved past. It’s not something I see as a high point in my role, having to cancel a game we’d talked about for years, but for the people out there thinking there’s something still in the works, there’s not.”

While Scalebound was scrapped, Phil Spencer still has “a ton of respect” for Platinum and Hideki Kamiya. Spencer also acknowledges his own mistakes during the process: “I regret we were as public about what we tried to go do. I did some learning around Fable Legends and Scalebound about being public about things before I know we have a real, believable plan that I can hold in my hands and know was going to be there. And we just didn’t get there with Scalebound and the team. And I say that about both teams.” Of course, Platinum has its plate full at the moment anyways, with Bayonetta 3, The Wonderful 101 Remastered, Project GG and other unannounced games in the works spread across two studios.

Still there were gamers hoping that the game would return but that looks unlikely in my opinion. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

2 Replies Related Threads

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10101
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Phil Spencer says Scalebound is not coming back 2020/04/03 04:33:56 (permalink)
    I don't know why people think it would come back. It just looked kind of interesting at the time but the headphones and everything now kind of feels dated.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30975
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Phil Spencer says Scalebound is not coming back 2020/04/03 07:00:45 (permalink)
    well he is not working on it...

Hey if the story line is any good ... sell it or adapt it

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile