Bethesda has cancelled its June digital games showcase

Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102262
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 84
2020/04/02 00:45:21 (permalink)
https://www.overclock3d.net/news/software/bethesda_has_cancelled_its_june_digital_games_showcase/1

E3 2020 has been cancelled, but that doesn't mean that the Expo's satellite events would suddenly stop. Various publishers have plans to host digital events to replace their existing E3 plans, but Bethesda has confirmed that their planned June live stream will no longer be happening. Bethesda's Pete Hines has stated that the company has "lots of exciting things to share", but that the company will release more information about these projects "in the coming months". 

Fans of the studio were looking forwards to looking at Bethesda's upcoming projects, especially those that related to next-generation systems like the Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5. In June, it will have been two years since Bethesda's first The Elder Scrolls VI teaser, making the company's June showcase the ideal place to showcase a next-generation Elders Scrolls title, or more information about their new IP, Starfield. At this time it is unknown when Bethesda will reveal its next-generation titles. 

Although this is cancelled I personally believe that in a few months a new announcement will be made to make up for this action. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

2 Replies Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30983
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Bethesda has cancelled its June digital games showcase 2020/04/02 09:37:47 (permalink)
    the New norm ... post pone events

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

z999z3mystorys
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4480
    • Ribbons : 23
    Re: Bethesda has cancelled its June digital games showcase 2020/04/02 13:00:26 (permalink)
    I'm not expecting elder scrolls 6 info for at least a year after we get a release date for Starfield. Something like Starfield release date and info this summer, release by the end of the year, TES info E3 2021, then TES6 by the end of 2021 at the very soonest. (end of 2022 is very believable to me as well, and even later is possible)

Still I'm watching regardless, hoping Starfield will be something amazing, but as there's next to nothing known about it, it's hard to get hyped for it. TES 6 we have a little more info on it, but only really from eariler TES games. (and the trailer everyone seems to be reading the location as high rock, but it could be something totally out of left field, like the continent of Akvir.)
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile