EVGA

EVGA GTX 1080 ti FTW 3 Hybrid noise problem.

Author
Ertuit
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/03/27 01:55:59 (permalink)
Hello !
So I have bought my beautiful GTX 1080ti FTW3 HYBRID 3 years ago, at summer 2018.
At the start, the computer did not make much noise. But 6 month ago, it started to get less and less bearable. I think it's the pump of the graphic card. I have clean the dust in the computer, a bit shake the computer to "remove the bubbles inside the watercooling" (I have read a EVGA post about that) but not too much because I have a hard drive. However, i can do nothing : the noise is more and more unbearable.
So two weeks ago, I have removed the graphic card to see if it's the graphics card that's generating the noise. And without the graphic card my computer is silent.
So my graphic card is still under guarantee. But I'm conflicted. I don't want a graphics card with built-in watercooling anymore. Fans are much quieter. I'm considering several possibilities. The first one is to build a custom watercooling system (EK for example) but I don't really want to spend a fortune on that right now. The second one is to send it back under warranty and repair it (or have it exchanged because I don't know if EVGA still have it in stock) against a card of equivalent performance/price but without watercooling system (they're cheaper in top of that...). The noise is unbearable, I can't stay like this ( and I've paid a fortune to aquire this graphic card....).
I haven't contacted support yet. But what do you think ?
(I'm Franch and I'm in France.)
Thank you very much.

Erwan

4 Replies Related Threads

rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102262
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: EVGA GTX 1080 ti FTW 3 Hybrid noise problem. 2020/03/27 02:06:12 (permalink)
    Please contact EU EVGA tech support:

• English: supportEU@evga.com
  • Deutsch: supportDE@evga.com
  • Français: supportFR@evga.com

• AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

HeavyHemi
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 15665
    • Ribbons : 135
    Re: EVGA GTX 1080 ti FTW 3 Hybrid noise problem. 2020/03/27 02:07:56 (permalink)
    Ertuit
    Hello !
    So I have bought my beautiful GTX 1080ti FTW3 HYBRID 3 years ago, at summer 2018.
    At the start, the computer did not make much noise. But 6 month ago, it started to get less and less bearable. I think it's the pump of the graphic card. I have clean the dust in the computer, a bit shake the computer to "remove the bubbles inside the watercooling" (I have read a EVGA post about that) but not too much because I have a hard drive. However, i can do nothing : the noise is more and more unbearable.
    So two weeks ago, I have removed the graphic card to see if it's the graphics card that's generating the noise. And without the graphic card my computer is silent.
    So my graphic card is still under guarantee. But I'm conflicted. I don't want a graphics card with built-in watercooling anymore. Fans are much quieter. I'm considering several possibilities. The first one is to build a custom watercooling system (EK for example) but I don't really want to spend a fortune on that right now. The second one is to send it back under warranty and repair it (or have it exchanged because I don't know if EVGA still have it in stock) against a card of equivalent performance/price but without watercooling system (they're cheaper in top of that...). The noise is unbearable, I can't stay like this ( and I've paid a fortune to aquire this graphic card....).
    I haven't contacted support yet. But what do you think ?
    (I'm Franch and I'm in France.)
    Thank you very much.

Erwan

Could you identify more carefully what is making the noise on your GPU? Is it the pump like a buzzing noise or is it the radiator fan?

EVGA X99 FTWK / i7 6850K @ 4.5ghz / RTX 3080Ti FTW Ultra / 32GB Corsair LPX 3600mhz / Samsung 850Pro 256GB / Be Quiet BN516 Straight Power 12-1000w 80 Plus Platinum / Window 10 Pro

Ertuit
    • Total Posts : 2
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: EVGA GTX 1080 ti FTW 3 Hybrid noise problem. 2020/03/27 04:39:17 (permalink)
    It's clearly the pump.
    HeavyHemi
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 15665
    • Ribbons : 135
    Re: EVGA GTX 1080 ti FTW 3 Hybrid noise problem. 2020/03/27 12:06:56 (permalink)
    Ertuit
    It's clearly the pump.

Okay. Buzzing noise it is. When I first installed the Hybrid kit on my 1080Ti, the pump had a pretty decent buzz. It was the plastic housing on the pump. I put a piece of felt pad about an inch square, between the top of the pump housing which is flat, and the shroud cover, which eliminated it. That pump failed a few months later. It's replacement Hybrid kit was and is still silent. You might try that. It's pretty easy to just remove the shroud.

EVGA X99 FTWK / i7 6850K @ 4.5ghz / RTX 3080Ti FTW Ultra / 32GB Corsair LPX 3600mhz / Samsung 850Pro 256GB / Be Quiet BN516 Straight Power 12-1000w 80 Plus Platinum / Window 10 Pro

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile