EVGA

No sound out of my speakers

Author
BlakKrow
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/03/26 06:24:03 (permalink)
Hi, I need some direction in my next course of action. My speakers worked fine yesterday. Not now. Headphones work fine. I have the settings in the NU Audio control panel to the default 24bit 48000. Same in Control Panel.
When in the Windows control panel, the default shows  Speakers EVGA NU Audio as the default. When I test the speakers here, the bars go up and down in the NU Audio Panel, but no sound comes out. This is what was working just fine yesterday. I tried to switch to the S/PDIF with same result. I tried to update the drivers, but after reboot, the driver keeps showing Version 4.66.0.31220 from 4/30/2019. I cant get the latest Driver?
I thought it might be because of this latest Windows Updates....ugh. But I went back and uninstalled them. 
Still no sound. Please Help!!!!
Thanks

6 Replies Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30974
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: No sound out of my speakers 2020/03/26 06:58:50 (permalink)
    Sorry for the Delay .. had to release your post from the Filter

Welcome to the EVGA Forums

While waiting to see if someone can help please take a moment to Review: Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30974
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: No sound out of my speakers 2020/03/26 07:08:58 (permalink)

What - is plugged in Where: Front panel or directly into the Sound card ?

So, I can only guess at this: (I agree that it stopping after a Win 10 update could have been the cause)

1) Unplug the headphones - do speakers work now ?

2) Reboot PC

3) Confirm nothing is muted, power to speakers, all cables are fully seated ....

Wish I could offer more ideas

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

BlakKrow
    • Total Posts : 3
    Re: No sound out of my speakers 2020/03/26 11:55:39 (permalink)
    Both of them, headphones and speakers via optical cable, are plugged directly into the back of the card. I cannot get the new driver to load.
    EVGA_Lee
    • Total Posts : 4247
    • Ribbons : 14
    Re: No sound out of my speakers 2020/03/26 13:32:56 (permalink)
    Clean out the drivers through Windows Apps and Features.  Just remove anything that says EVGA NU Audio or EVGA_Nahimic.  Don't restart yet.  Go into C:\Program Files and C:\Program Files (x86) and delete/remove any EVGA NU Audio software in the EVGA folders.  Reboot.

Next, go into C:\Program Files and remove any EVGA NU Audio software.  Make sure to to delete the EVGA_NahimicAPI folder.  Once again, reboot.

Lastly, reinstall the latest drivers.  It might prompt you to restart.  Next, launch the software and double-check to see if a box pops up to update the firmware (you might or might not get one).  Allow it to upgrade the firmware.  At this point, the card should be fully operational.

If not, there's a few other things to try.

What motherboard do you have?
    hamiltde
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re: No sound out of my speakers 2020/04/17 21:31:18 (permalink)
    Hello, I'm having similar issues. I've uninstalled and reinstalled all drivers. Any additional steps we can try?
    felipe-clark
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re: No sound out of my speakers 2020/04/27 15:31:11 (permalink)
    I am also having the exact same issue. I have followed all the instructions in this thread, but no success.

Are there any further suggestions to try?

Thank you.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile