EVGA

CLC 280 fan issue

Author
lockemus
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/03/22 11:16:34 (permalink)
so my brother had an old Evga CLC 280 that he said was broken because the fan didn't spin. he gave it to me and upon further inspection i saw that the fan splitters from the pump plug had missing pins and that's why the fan wasn't working. the fan cables and pins themselves are fine, just the splitter pieces from the pump to the radiator fans cable was broken. so what i did was plug in the radiator fans into the motherboard directly into two different system fans slot and they both spun and worked. my question is am i able to plug both of the two radiator fan cables into the motherboard indefinitely and adjust the settings so that it works with the pump? is there a setting in bios that can match how the fan are supposed to be spinning so that the cooler works properly?

incase you wanted to know my specs. i have a ryzen 5 3600 and a tomahawk max motherboard. the board itself has 1 cpu header fan which i plugged the pump motherboard cable into. 4 system fans slot. and 1 pump slot. 2 of the system fans slot i am currently using for the case fans. the other two system fans slots were not being used so that's where i plugged in the CLC fans into since the pump splitter cable was broken. i hope you guys are able to understand what i'm writing.

3 Replies Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30983
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: CLC 280 fan issue 2020/03/22 11:38:46 (permalink)
    released from filter .. sorry for the delay

Welcome to the EVGA Forums

Yes you can use the MB fan header(s)

I'd just buy a fan splitter & use 1 header

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

bob16314
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8048
    • Ribbons : 761
    Re: CLC 280 fan issue 2020/03/22 12:17:31 (permalink)
    Yeah that'll work no problemo, like Cool said..A Y-Splitter would work too, but SYS_Fan headers are usually limited to 1 amp and Pump and CPU_Fan headers limited to 2 amps, so see how many amps the fans are rated for on their sticker.

Then you can go into the Hardware Monitor part of the BIOS and set fan speed/temp operation..Might be able to do it more better in the Dragon Center software that can be downloaded from your mobo support page, dunno.

* Corsair Obsidian 450D Mid-Tower - Airflow Edition * ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC) * Intel i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz * 16GB G.SKILL Trident Z 4133MHz * Sabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 SSD * WD Black 500 GB HDD * Seasonic M12 II 750W * Corsair H115i Elite Capellix 280mm * EVGA GTX 760 SC * Win7 Home/Win10 Home * 

"Whatever it takes, as long as it works" - Me

Jarablus
    • Total Posts : 3
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: CLC 280 fan issue 2020/12/13 08:45:32 (permalink)
    i tried connecting the EVGA fan to my motherboard 4pin connector but the fan didnt even spin.  tried changing to auto , pwm , voltage. max speed, nothing....
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile