EVGA

LockedGtx 1070 FTW Intermittent Fan Noise/Rattling ?

Author
Hayz90
  • Total Posts : 6
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/03/15 07:43:44 (permalink)
Hello everyone, first time poster here ! So I have an RMA pending approval right now but i wanted to get some thoughts on this. The right fan started making this weird ticking/rattling noise that kind of comes and goes randomly. I have only found one other thread on this issue and the fix for that person was to push on the center of the fan.That temporarily works for me,but the noise ends up coming back within a day or 2. Sometimes the noise will even come and go all by itself which is pretty strange. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone here has had any experience or insight on this issue? I am trying to avoid an RMA if possible as i really don't really want to be without a PC for that long.(don't have the money for cross-ship) My other concern is, since the noise is so intermittent that it wont be there when they are processing/testing it,thus sending the card right back to me. 

Here is a link to a video of the sound- 

Thanks in advance for your time,
Aaron

1 Reply Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31001
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Gtx 1070 FTW Intermittent Fan Noise/Rattling ? 2020/03/15 11:13:41 (permalink)
    locking as duplicate thread ... filter held threads & OP made 2 threads on same subject because first thread did not show  https://forums.evga.com/FindPost/3038757

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile