EVGA

This product has soured me on EVGA. No Software updates. Half baked functionality.

Author
zoglog
  • Total Posts : 65
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/03/02 23:51:17 (permalink)
Got the CLC 280 2 years ago and have to say I've been quite disappointed with the software. It's only been updated a few times and still doesn't function. I think the last update is well over a year ago. The fan curve is unusable, being locked at 100% at 60C. The LED Sync never worked with my 1080ti properly, and recently the Fans have started failing. 

Used to mainly buy EVGA products but now I'm not sure if I can feel comfortable buying an EVGA product not knowing if they'll support it in the future.

So far I've replaced the failing fans with Noctuas (waaay quieter)

11 Replies Related Threads

apsese
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 129
    Re: This product has soured me on EVGA. No Software updates. Half baked functionality. 2020/03/03 12:57:29 (permalink)
    zoglog

You might have lost the warranty by doing so

finally a signature without that associate code
    coolmistry
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2502
    • Ribbons : 45
    Re: This product has soured me on EVGA. No Software updates. Half baked functionality. 2020/03/03 13:34:02 (permalink)
    zoglog
    Got the CLC 280 2 years ago and have to say I've been quite disappointed with the software. It's only been updated a few times and still doesn't function. I think the last update is well over a year ago. The fan curve is unusable, being locked at 100% at 60C. The LED Sync never worked with my 1080ti properly, and recently the Fans have started failing. 

Used to mainly buy EVGA products but now I'm not sure if I can feel comfortable buying an EVGA product not knowing if they'll support it in the future.

Hey check out my post here > POST #4 and  Can I disconnect the USB Cable to a CLC Cooler after changing settings?  

post edited by coolmistry - 2020/03/03 13:39:10

Windows 11 Home 64bits up to Dated
    i9 11900K 5,275 MHz (3,500 MHz) || EVGA Z590 FTW WIFI || 2 x Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti FE || 32Gb Dominator Platinum DDR3 3600mhz XMP OC 3800mhz || 500gb Samsung 980 Pro NVMe || 500gb Samsung 970 EVO and Sata M.2 (1 x SSD and 1xHHD) || EVGA CLCx 360 Cooler || EVGA Supernova 1300w X3 || EVGA Z10 Keyboard || EVGA TORQ X10 mouse ||EVGA DG 77 case || Acer Predator  X35 35" 200Hz G-Sync || Logitech Z906 5.1 system sounds SPDIF|| Kaspersky Internet Security
    zoglog
    • Total Posts : 65
    Re: This product has soured me on EVGA. No Software updates. Half baked functionality. 2020/03/03 21:50:38 (permalink)
    coolmistry
    zoglog

Hey check out my post here > POST #4 and  Can I disconnect the USB Cable to a CLC Cooler after changing settings?  

Thanks, but it's still silly that you have to go to such workarounds simply for the fan to not spin like mad at 60 deg

apsese
    zoglog

You might have lost the warranty by doing so 

Pretty sure it's out of warranty anyway at this point. But that is hilarious too
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: This product has soured me on EVGA. No Software updates. Half baked functionality. 2020/03/04 07:51:55 (permalink)
    Changing the fans wouldn’t hurt warranty.. throwing the fans away instead holding onto them could be an issue.. stuff them in the box from the cooler until warranty runs out, multiple problems solved.

I can’t speak on the software though, I haven’t had one of these coolers.
    sparetimepc
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2413
    • Ribbons : 27
    Re: This product has soured me on EVGA. No Software updates. Half baked functionality. 2020/03/07 03:21:25 (permalink)
    Yeah i see what your talking about with the fan curve locked, it does seem like that should have been a bit more controllable. 
    post edited by sparetimepc - 2020/03/07 04:09:20

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31001
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: This product has soured me on EVGA. No Software updates. Half baked functionality. 2020/03/07 10:36:10 (permalink)
    I have a CLC & yes, fan curve goes 100% fan RPM @ 60 C

Changing fans is always a option - if the "sound quality" is an issue.

So is moving the fans - to a different power source that you can control

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

tcblack
    • Total Posts : 7
    Re: This product has soured me on EVGA. No Software updates. Half baked functionality. 2020/03/27 15:49:11 (permalink)
    zoglog
    Got the CLC 280 2 years ago and have to say I've been quite disappointed with the software. It's only been updated a few times and still doesn't function. I think the last update is well over a year ago.... 

• 2 Years: Same
    • software disappointment: Same
    • Noctua swap: Same.  
    I will say this, that two+ years on it is still working.  Good on the pump, I guess.  But I am a bit bothered by all of the above as well.  I've already determined not to buy another EVGA cooling product because I had to fight so much to get the fans to work as I desired.  Now that it is set up - I dare not touch it lest I lose equilibrium.

tattude69
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 465
    • Ribbons : 5
    Re: This product has soured me on EVGA. No Software updates. Half baked functionality. 2020/03/27 19:25:47 (permalink)
    It's very disappointing that a good product can be ruined buy horrible software and Cheap fans. Not a product i could recommend after my experience.  

Hairpin
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re: This product has soured me on EVGA. No Software updates. Half baked functionality. 2020/03/28 09:53:13 (permalink)
    This is the last Evga product I will buy. Evga hasn't updated their Flow Control software in over a year to fix the inaccurate temp readings on Ryzen 5 series CPUs. When I went to see if there was an update to the software, I was meet with a page telling me that they have "recently updated our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use". The only way to continue to the software download page was to agree to "also accept the processing of my personal data as set out in EVGA's Privacy Policy". So basically me buying their product wasn't enough, they also MUST sell my personal data.   

It's bad enough their software doesn't work, but to also sell my personal info just seems scummy. 
    EVGATech_AdamB
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1930
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: This product has soured me on EVGA. No Software updates. Half baked functionality. 2020/03/30 09:54:37 (permalink)
    Hairpin
    This is the last Evga product I will buy. Evga hasn't updated their Flow Control software in over a year to fix the inaccurate temp readings on Ryzen 5 series CPUs. When I went to see if there was an update to the software, I was meet with a page telling me that they have "recently updated our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use". The only way to continue to the software download page was to agree to "also accept the processing of my personal data as set out in EVGA's Privacy Policy". So basically me buying their product wasn't enough, they also MUST sell my personal data.   

It's bad enough their software doesn't work, but to also sell my personal info just seems scummy. 

Hello Hairpin! We do not sell any personal information to anyone for any reason. We do collect some information for website security or service which is outlined in our privacy terms at the links below:

https://www.evga.com/legal/privacy/
    https://www.evga.com/legal/terms/

If you are logged in to your account you are probably seeing the notification automatically if you haven't checked the terms of use boxes on your "My Profile" page. But you can still still access our download center without issue if you logout of your account at EVGA.com and visit: https://www.evga.com/support/download/. Flow Control hasn't had an update released in a while but our team is still currently working on it, we just do not have an ETA on when the next version may be released. If you have any further questions, feel free to contact our support team at 1-888-881-3842 or e-mail support@evga.com and we are happy to assist you.

Like our service? Please provide feedback for us at the link HERE
    Cordorb
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 635
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: This product has soured me on EVGA. No Software updates. Half baked functionality. 2020/03/31 17:32:01 (permalink)
    I have water temp set to 100 % fan at 50 and it NEVER gets that hi ?
    and is the 25% speed as the lower limit really  a problem ?

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile