EVGA

No Man's Sky Updated With "Living Ship" Expansion, Introduces New Ship Classes, Missions

Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102262
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 84
2020/02/20 01:50:28 (permalink)
https://www.techpowerup.com/264022/no-mans-sky-updated-with-living-ship-expansion-introduces-new-ship-classes-missions-improvements

I like to write articles on No Man's Sky because barely have I ever seen a game this well supported. In fact, I'd even risk saying this game sees better support - and more support - than many other games that even have the "games as a service" philosophy. The only other game I can think of that has had comparable improvements and overhauls throughout its lifecycle is Warframe, but that's a completely different beast. In No Man's Sky, I think we can see exactly how studios that make games as a work of love go on about supporting them.

While the games' release may have been a flop compared to the expectations set upon it (in no small part because of their own creators), I think it really is commendable that hello games didn't just pocket the immense profits they made with the games' release and are, instead, still working it up to its entire potential. It just really goes to show how good tool planning and the adequate mindset can bring about improvements over time.

Also introduced are randomized, mysterious space encounters, that should help populate otherwise desolate space, as well as space NPCs for players to interact with. The update also comes with additional quality of life improvements and improved performance libraries for terrain generation and rendering, as well as memory optimizations. Follow the source link for the full patch notes.

I'm always glad to hear when game developers are trying to improve a game's experience. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

2 Replies Related Threads

EVGATech_BrandonO
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 224
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: No Man's Sky Updated With "Living Ship" Expansion, Introduces New Ship Classes, Missio 2020/02/21 07:29:48 (permalink)
    Oh wow. Might have to check this out. I know the release was a bit rough but this sounds like they really took the time to flesh the game out. Nice to see developers work hard on their games even after their game has been out for a while now.

Have a moment? Please rate our service
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30983
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: No Man's Sky Updated With "Living Ship" Expansion, Introduces New Ship Classes, Missio 2020/02/21 07:53:33 (permalink)
    Great support - that is one of the best ways to build a brand

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile