EVGA

EVGA 500 GD 100 Dead

Author
pooge30
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/02/15 08:06:39 (permalink)
  I bought the  EVGA 500 GD 100-GD-0500-V1  from Newegg.com.   It was not working .   I was building a new computer and got everything installed.  Went to turn the power on and nothing.  No PSU fan ran.  No fans in the case ran. Nothing.   To rule out an issue with a component or the motherboard, I plugged this PSU into an older computer that I know works.  Again nothing.   I am going to return it, but was wondering if this is a problem with these PSU?  I hope it is just a rare occurrence that I got a bad unit. 

6 Replies Related Threads

sparetimepc
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2413
    • Ribbons : 27
    Re: EVGA 500 GD 100 Dead 2020/02/15 08:49:45 (permalink)
    pooge30
      I bought the  EVGA 500 GD 100-GD-0500-V1  from Newegg.com.   It was not working .   I was building a new computer and got everything installed.  Went to turn the power on and nothing.  No PSU fan ran.  No fans in the case ran. Nothing.   To rule out an issue with a component or the motherboard, I plugged this PSU into an older computer that I know works.  Again nothing.   I am going to return it, but was wondering if this is a problem with these PSU?  I hope it is just a rare occurrence that I got a bad unit. 

I would say you just ended up with a dud, was it still sealed in the plastic wrap? If not someone else may have already returned it as defective. If it was still sealed it was probably just one of those rare instances where one slipped thru the cracks. 

bob16314
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8048
    • Ribbons : 761
    Re: EVGA 500 GD 100 Dead 2020/02/15 08:49:53 (permalink)
    Sounds like a bad unit..Happens sometimes no matter what brand or component.

You have 30 days from the invoice date to return it to Newegg for replacement or refund, otherwise, RMA it to EVGA after you Register your product, which you should do anyway.

See also: How do I test my power supply? in the EVGA FAQs. 

* Corsair Obsidian 450D Mid-Tower - Airflow Edition * ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC) * Intel i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz * 16GB G.SKILL Trident Z 4133MHz * Sabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 SSD * WD Black 500 GB HDD * Seasonic M12 II 750W * Corsair H115i Elite Capellix 280mm * EVGA GTX 760 SC * Win7 Home/Win10 Home * 

"Whatever it takes, as long as it works" - Me

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30975
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: EVGA 500 GD 100 Dead 2020/02/15 09:57:17 (permalink)
    Welcome to the EVGA Forums

Could be the PSU or the 24-pin cables has an issue

Did your PSU come with the Test Jumper for the 24-pin ?  When placed on the MB end of PSU & power is applied - PSU should start

I see that is a non-modular PSU EVGA 500 GD

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

pooge30
    • Total Posts : 2
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: EVGA 500 GD 100 Dead 2020/02/15 19:28:46 (permalink)
       It was a brand new unit.    It did not come with a test jumper.  I did send it back to NewEgg.   However, I cut the UPC Symbol out for a rebate, so that might cause an issue with the exchange.  
    bob16314
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8048
    • Ribbons : 761
    Re: EVGA 500 GD 100 Dead 2020/02/15 20:08:27 (permalink)
    pooge30
    It did not come with a test jumper.  I did send it back to NewEgg. However, I cut the UPC Symbol out for a rebate, so that might cause an issue with the exchange.  

Yep, I know..Not all EVGA PSUs come with that tester, so you would have needed to do the "Paper Clip Test" as described in that FAQ and short the PS_ON terminal of the 24-pin connector to a ground terminal.

Hopefully the cut out UPC code won't cause a problem, pretty sure it'll be fine though.

Welcome to the forums, by the way..You should read the Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members if you haven't yet..Lots of good info there for you.

Register the new PSU with EVGA when you get it, you can also unregister the original one if you registered it.

* Corsair Obsidian 450D Mid-Tower - Airflow Edition * ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC) * Intel i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz * 16GB G.SKILL Trident Z 4133MHz * Sabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 SSD * WD Black 500 GB HDD * Seasonic M12 II 750W * Corsair H115i Elite Capellix 280mm * EVGA GTX 760 SC * Win7 Home/Win10 Home * 

"Whatever it takes, as long as it works" - Me

sparetimepc
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2413
    • Ribbons : 27
    Re: EVGA 500 GD 100 Dead 2020/02/16 01:27:06 (permalink)
    If you cut the UPC label from the box I will be surprised if they don't void the RMA at Newegg when they receive it and ship it back to you. Guess it will depnd on if they notice the label missing or not probably.   Have you already sent in the rebate form? 

https://kb.newegg.com/knowledge-base/return-policy/

Return policy
    Need to return an item?
    Looking to return your item or see how long you have to return it? Check HERE.
    This Return Policy only applies to products that are listed on the Newegg.com website or Newegg mobile application (collectively, referred to as the “Site”), as “Sold and Shipped by Newegg”.
    For a Marketplace item, an item that is listed on the Site as “Sold and Shipped” by a third-party seller through Newegg’s Marketplace platform and not “Sold and Shipped by Newegg” (“Marketplace Item”), the Marketplace Item is covered by the Marketplace seller’s return policy. To learn more about returns for Marketplace Items, please click here to review our Marketplace FAQs.
    Overall Return Guidelines
    These are Newegg’s Overall Return Guidelines. All returns must meet the overall guidelines in order for the individual return policy to apply.
    All product returns require a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number.
    You can request an RMA number by using one of the following links:
    For U.S. customers, you may request an RMA number by clicking here.
    For international customers, please click here for return instructions.
    Most products that are new and unopened can be returned to Newegg within 30 days.
    Products that are received by Newegg in any of the following conditions are not eligible for return and may be rejected:
    Any product not purchased from Newegg.
    Any product that does not exhibit the described reason for the return (i.e., a return initiated for a DOA product that powers on and works properly upon inspection).
    Any product with a missing, damaged, altered, or otherwise unreadable serial number label, manufacturer model or part number label, and/or warranty label.
    Any product that is returned without all original packaging and accessories, including the retail box, manuals, cables, and all other items originally included with the product.
    Any product from which the UPC code has been removed from its packaging.
    Any product that exhibits physical damage. If you received your product damaged, please read our Report a shipping problem article for guidelines and instructions on how to resolve this issue. This is would not be considered a return.
    Any product for which you have submitted a mail-in rebate.
    Any product which appears tampered, customized or altered in any way.
    Any product that is returned with markings or writing made by the customer on the original box.
    post edited by sparetimepc - 2020/02/16 01:43:56

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile