Problem with 1070 FTW Coil Whine or Vibration

Author
BenCT96
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/02/13 11:57:07 (permalink)
Hey everyone,

So I have this issue with my 1070 FTW where this weird coil whine or vibration occurs after the computer has been on for about 2+ hours.  I am just browsing the web currently and it is happening, so there is certainly no load on it. I took apart the card to see if there was anything loose or hitting a fan, but there wasn't.  Perhaps it could be a problem with my PSU...  I have attached a photo of the PSU's specs and a video of the noise emanating from the GPU.  Any and all feedback is much appreciated!

Well, I wanted to include a video of the noise but this site has silly restrictions...

post edited by BenCT96 - 2020/02/13 11:59:54

Attached Image(s)

1 Reply Related Threads

HeavyHemi
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 15665
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 135
    Re: Problem with 1070 FTW Coil Whine or Vibration 2020/02/13 14:02:33 (permalink)
    BenCT96
    Hey everyone,

So I have this issue with my 1070 FTW where this weird coil whine or vibration occurs after the computer has been on for about 2+ hours.  I am just browsing the web currently and it is happening, so there is certainly no load on it. I took apart the card to see if there was anything loose or hitting a fan, but there wasn't.  Perhaps it could be a problem with my PSU...  I have attached a photo of the PSU's specs and a video of the noise emanating from the GPU.  Any and all feedback is much appreciated!

Well, I wanted to include a video of the noise but this site has silly restrictions...

Hello and welcome to the forum. Well, it's not silly if you had to wade through thousands of ad spammers.  That's why the require more than just one post to flood a forum. That aside. Poor power regulation can cause coil whine. Meaning a PSU can cause coil whine or it could be the GPU. However, what you're describing is atypical for coil whine. Generally you either have it or you do not under the same conditions from boot. This leads me to wonder if a fan or HDD is vibrating and as the case warms up and expands, something vibrates. If you have a piece of air line from like a fish tank, you can use that as a stethoscope to more clearly isolate where the noise is coming from.

EVGA X99 FTWK / i7 6850K @ 4.5ghz / RTX 3080Ti FTW Ultra / 32GB Corsair LPX 3600mhz / Samsung 850Pro 256GB / Be Quiet BN516 Straight Power 12-1000w 80 Plus Platinum / Window 10 Pro

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile