EVGA

NU Audio Pro - software / hardware problem - can't adjust anything!

Author
gaz2000
  • Total Posts : 13
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/02/05 19:10:24 (permalink)
Hi guys,

I have just installed a replacement NU A. Pro card which I got through via RMA.  (Just the main card, no 7.1)
On installing this card...it showed basically the same issue as the previous card.  The sound, when it does output sound, is 'choppy' and cuts in and out for about 30 seconds or so, then completely cuts out and there is no sound output.  This happens on the Windows or EVGA sound test screen, youtube, games, MP3 etc...any sound output is affected in the same way.

I have had one bit of luck though - the only way I can reliably get the card to output sound is when I leave the bitrate at 24-bit 96kHz.  Not the best for a card like this.  As soon as I change that value, either in Windows or using the EVGA utlility, the sound cuts out again...and the only way I can get it back is to perform a driver re-install.  If I change any value in the EVGA software, same issue...the sound cuts out.  
This sounds bonkers I know.  Has anyone else seen this behaviour before?  
I've got 1.01 installed with firmware 1.4.

2 Replies Related Threads

gaz2000
    Re: NU Audio Pro - software / hardware problem - can't adjust anything! 2020/02/05 19:14:59 (permalink)
    Oh, forgot to mention - I've disabled all of the other sound devices on my machine as well.  The NVidia sound drivers, onboard Realtek etc...and the chopping sound issue continues after I adjust anything but the volume using the sound popup slider bar in the bottom right by the time.
    gaz2000
    Re: NU Audio Pro - software / hardware problem - can't adjust anything! 2020/02/10 04:03:20 (permalink)
    Final update to this and a warning to any that might see the post in future regarding NU Audio and Alienware PC's...
    I was fitting it into an Alienware Aurora R8 and had no end of problems as mentioned above.  

(Yes yes I know, Alienware...but my Mrs got it for me on a great black friday deal from Costco).

Taking advantage of Costco's excellent 90 day returns policy, I returned the Alienware to Costco for a full refund and built myself a great gaming rig in its place.  (That policy is absolutely brilliant by the way!)
    Fired everything up, and the NU Audio works like a dream.  I can adjust all of the software parameters successfully and it sounds and performs flawlessly.

Maybe it's some sort of conflict with the custom Dell motherboard etc...who knows.  I'm in audio heaven now though!  
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile