EVGA

Backup 4th gen NVME with HDD

Author
wyattjneill
  • Total Posts : 19
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/02/05 10:03:01 (permalink)
Ok so I work in the election system and there are quite alot of changes going on with Cyber security, I manage several counties election equipment. Well with all of these new changes I have county's all picking separate solutions for remote access. Which in turn has me having to install 100 types of VPN software and remote access software. So here's what I'm trying to accomplish I want to run an encrypted virtual machine on its entirely own drive. (4th gen NVME) Now I know I could run a 2nd one in raid 1 and problem solved. But if I could figure out how I could set this up with syncing live backup to a larger HDD it would have other uses for me aside from that. Such as my home server, my actual gaming rig ect. I would prefer not to buy Acronis or other 3rd part software, I would like to just be able to set up my host OS Windows 10 Enterprise to software raid Drive 2 (4th gen NVME) to drive 3 (10tb HDD) but I have never used software raid and or non matching drives in this way. Any suggestions or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Host OS
Samsung 970 pro 512gb 
3950x
32gb DDR4 3200mhz
MSI x570 Godlike
2080 ti asus strix oc
Custom Loop

2 Replies Related Threads

kevinc313
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5004
    • Ribbons : 22
    Re: Backup 4th gen NVME with HDD 2020/02/05 13:12:41 (permalink)
    Throw any electronic voting machines in a wood chipper, get a pile of paper ballots (ink bubble style) and counters.

Done.  

Totally not kidding.  I want a youtube video of the voting machines in the chipper.  Then burn them for good measure and dump the remains 20 miles offshore.
    post edited by kevinc313 - 2020/02/05 13:14:50
    wyattjneill
    • Total Posts : 19
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Backup 4th gen NVME with HDD 2020/02/05 14:37:27 (permalink)
    kevinc313
    Throw any electronic voting machines in a wood chipper, get a pile of paper ballots (ink bubble style) and counters.

Done.  

Totally not kidding.  I want a youtube video of the voting machines in the chipper.  Then burn them for good measure and dump the remains 20 miles offshore.

Damn you must live in Iowa, the machines I work with just overlay text to print you a paper ballot, that's literally it, no database of votes or anything of the sort, also what people don't understand is at least for my company. The glorified printing machines do not touch the internet.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile