EVGA

Precision X1 VF Curve Tuner

Author
jeffogu
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/01/29 10:09:09 (permalink)
I have a 2070 Super FTW3 ULTRA+ and i've overclocked it. I wanna test the stability of overclock. I'm clicking to Test button after awhile when test is completed, im getting a score. But neither Pass nor Fail button lights up at the end of the test. How can i understand that my overclock is stable or unstable ?

5 Replies Related Threads

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49168
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: Precision X1 VF Curve Tuner 2020/01/29 10:18:46 (permalink)
    jeffogu
    How can i understand that my overclock is stable or unstable ?

By testing the overclock in the applications you'll be using.
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31001
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Precision X1 VF Curve Tuner 2020/01/29 10:42:42 (permalink)
    no idea why your "Pass nor Fail button lights up at the end of the test"  -- does a + value show up for the GPU ?

if the result is something like +50 ... then that is the highest stable value for the GPU that the test found & can be entered for the GPU

Just run one of the many free benchmark software packs to push your hardware .. make small adjustments & test .. you may be able to get more out of your GPU

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

jeffogu
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: Precision X1 VF Curve Tuner 2020/01/30 06:44:51 (permalink)
    The result was +90. Is this max stable value for stock voltage or including for max voltage ? 
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31001
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Precision X1 VF Curve Tuner 2020/01/30 07:36:20 (permalink)
    jeffogu
    The result was +90. Is this max stable value for stock voltage or including for max voltage ? 

Correct

That is the "Value" that the Nvidia Algorithm has established as the Max stable GPU setting for OC.

Any more that that would require manual testing & possibly more Voltage or better cooling.   This does Not test the RAM for stability or OC settings - that is still a manual process.

Every load is different & synthetic performance is a general performance.  The stability of any Game of other Program can possible be higher or Lower.

I test manually for Max stable OC & then reduce that number by 10% ... to increase stability

In benchmark runs to establish the absolute Max performance numbers, you might tolerate crashes ... daily PC use & Gaming not so much

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Inglo
    • Total Posts : 11
    Re: Precision X1 VF Curve Tuner 2020/02/08 17:31:17 (permalink)
    I did a "Scan" at defaults and got a result of +105 and a "Pass".
    I adjusted the clock with an offset of +105 and maxed the power and voltages and upped the memory clock, then ran a "Test". When finished the number "90" was displayed no +/-. Additionally at the conclusion of "Test" their was no "Pass" or "Fail".
    I've searched around and seen lots of posts complaining that Test yields the score of 90 and no indication of Pass or Fail.

This sounds like what the OP was saying.
    I have an EVGA 2060 Super XC Gaming.

Ryzen 5 3600
    Arctic Freezer 2 280
    16 Gb Corsair 3600 RAM
    MSI B450 Carbon Pro
    EVGA RTX 2060 Super XC
    XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile