EVGA

Thoughts on water blocks?

Author
chris1275
  • Total Posts : 11
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/01/27 13:34:34 (permalink)
I just wanted to open a thread and get some feedback as I'm going through a current issue so any of you fellows CPU Builders are Gamers please chime in with your opinions. Recently purchased the EVGA GeForce RTX waterblock for my 2060 super but what I received was Hydro copper block for RTX 2080 TI I was told upon contacting EVGA that it's the same exact water block and I will have to agree that the bolt holes all lineup but the issue I had because I was told I needed to mount it was that I was not getting any thermal spread I wasn't even getting indents on the thermal pads from the vrm and also I question why I did not receive what was in the description which was EVGA GeForce RTX Hydro water block because I don't own a 2080 LOL let alone a 2080 TI so when I go through the trouble of tubing my whole Tower 4 water system I kind of expect that if I paid for a certain thing I would receive that certain thing. Now EVGA has been very helpful over the last week and a half although I have had to send in a lot of pictures put the card together with the water block and take more pictures to prove what I was saying so that I could return this water block but now I'm being told there's a chance I'll probably receive the same exact water block so I'm not understanding why I would not just receive what was in the description for what I purchased .So anybody with any thoughts please chime in and how you would feel if you were sent something different than what you paid for and how you would feel if it did not work and you were trying to send it back only to be told you probably received the same thing anyway LOL thanks guys oh by the way a quick edit I bought an RTX 2060 super XC Ultra
post edited by chris1275 - 2020/01/27 13:51:07

14 Replies Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30983
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Thoughts on water blocks? 2020/01/27 13:43:04 (permalink)
    chris1275
    I just wanted to open a thread and get some feedback as I'm going through a current issue so any of you fellows CPU Builders are Gamers please chime in with your opinions.

Recently purchased the EVGA GeForce RTX waterblock for my 2060 super but what I received was Hydro copper block for RTX 2080 TI I was told upon contacting EVGA that it's the same exact water block and I will have to agree that the bolt holes all lineup but

the issue I had because I was told I needed to mount it was that I was not getting any thermal spread
    I wasn't even getting indents on the thermal pads from the vrm and also I question why I did not receive what was in the description which was EVGA GeForce RTX Hydro water block because I don't own a 2080 LOL let alone a 2080 TI

so when I go through the trouble of tubing my whole Tower 4 water system I kind of expect that if I paid for a certain thing I would receive that certain thing.

Now EVGA has been very helpful over the last week and a half although I have had to send in a lot of pictures put the card together with the water block and take more pictures to prove what I was saying so that I could return this water block but now I'm being told there's a chance I'll probably receive the same exact water block so I'm not understanding why I would not just receive what was in the description for what I purchased .

So anybody with any thoughts please chime in and how you would feel if you were sent something different than what you paid for and how you would feel if it did not work and you were trying to send it back only to be told you probably received the same thing anyway LOL thanks guys

Note: Added a few spaces to your Quote .. to increase readability

What part number is your 2060 Super ?
    What part number water block did you get ? 400-HC-1189-B1

Were there washers that needed to be removed from the PCB - before adding the washers that came with the block ?

It is possible .. the standoffs are too long or other mechanical issue with the block ... I don't know

Not making contact with the Thermal pads ... something is surely wrong somewhere .. but what ?

all wires look to be OK - not crushed ?

See any signs that the GPU bracket is making contact withe something ?

GPU bracket Mounting screws too long & making contact ?

Other screws - bottoming in the hole - before they tighten the block ?

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

chris1275
    Re: Thoughts on water blocks? 2020/01/27 14:05:12 (permalink)
    No like I said EVGA guys really helpful they told me that the PCB boards were all the same which for that part I believe because all the mounting holes more perfect all the screws went in tightened up well there weren't any screws that were too long everything was drawn down flush no wires got in the way and everything look like it fit okay but upon disassembling the water block from the PCB board there was no thermal spread it look like somebody had put thermal paste on the pinky and just dabbed the GPU die and there weren't no indent at all on the thermal pads for the vrm so that was my issue LOL aside from I was expecting to get specifically the EVGA GeForce RTX logo to go with the build cuz I bought a EVGA Tower EVGA power source everything EVGA got the vertical riser coming for the GPU and the adapter for the power so I wanted to be a nice-looking Tower
    kevinc313
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5004
    • Ribbons : 22
    Re: Thoughts on water blocks? 2020/01/27 16:38:26 (permalink)
    No direct experience with the Hydrocopper block but I did do a hybrid kit a few months ago and have a large amount of experience with electrical assemblies vs. directions.  After reviewing the instructions:

https://www.evga.com/supp...les/400-HC-1189-B1.pdf

- Can you confirm you have the correct GPU bracket #2, not the #3 bracket for the 2080Ti, they are visually different.

- Did you install the stick on bracket washers #11, it says to do that in the parts list but not the instructions

- Did you use the Qty 15 #4 M2x7mm screws or the #9 M2x5mm screws or the stock screws?  Looking at pics of the backplates, the 2060 Super XC Ultra looks WAY WAY different than the original 2080, like there is some sort of recessed insert for the back plate screw holes vs. the directly counterbored holes on the 2080 backplate.  It may be possible that the recommended 7mm long screws are TOO LONG, bottoming in the block's blind holes and preventing it from being fully tightened against the card, thus making the small gap you are seeing.  Might want to try a shorter screw, like the stock ones - IF THEY ARE THE SAME THREAD AND IF THEY THREAD IN ENOUGH, DO NOT STRIP THE BLOCK'S THREADED HOLES.  Otherwise maybe the 5mm screw.  Or maybe the 5mm screw without the backplate.  Take measurements if you have calipers.  Just a guess, see the pics below:

post edited by kevinc313 - 2020/01/27 17:15:50
    chris1275
    Re: Thoughts on water blocks? 2020/01/27 17:16:08 (permalink)
    Okay well apparently you missed the thread header where I asked how you would feel if you ordered something from EVGA and they sent you something completely different than what you paid for and when you asked why they tell you that it doesn't matter cuz it'll fit anyway so why don't you sway back to topic and stop asking me questions about installing a water box to my card which is already been taken care of
    kevinc313
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: Thoughts on water blocks? 2020/01/27 17:22:44 (permalink)
    chris1275
    Okay well apparently you missed the thread header where I asked how you would feel if you ordered something from EVGA and they sent you something completely different than what you paid for and when you asked why they tell you that it doesn't matter cuz it'll fit anyway so why don't you sway back to topic and stop asking me questions about installing a water box to my card which is already been taken care of

Don't care that you're disappointed, you're a bit whiny and we're EVGA fanboys here. There's your answer.

You also didn't confirm that you did or didn't receive the correct kit as marked by part number and confirmed by the GPU bracket. 

We don't know if you know what you're doing or not.

Just spent an hour of my personal time trying to help you out, so don't be a jerk about it.
    post edited by kevinc313 - 2020/01/27 17:29:20
    chris1275
    Re: Thoughts on water blocks? 2020/01/27 18:04:10 (permalink)
    1 you just posted rude comments 2 you say We alot.... do you have Multiple personality disorder..? Typicly you don't jump into someone's thread attacking them lol, so apparently you GOT NOTHING positive to say Fanboy, so please no need for you to post on my thread .....
    chris1275
    Re: Thoughts on water blocks? 2020/01/27 18:09:59 (permalink)
    Funnier still is that your response is obvious to me you did not fully read or understand the thread.... the issue was handled, lol and if I wasted an hour of your time trying to help me..Lol 1 your info would have been more than helpful a week ago when me and evga rep figured it out. 2 post was about receiving the WRONG product ..Lol and how you would react.... so I'm so sorry for your misunderstanding in this and sorry you wasted an hour... though your response was informative and defiantly would have helped if I had the correct fitting part ty again
    kevinc313
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: Thoughts on water blocks? 2020/01/27 18:57:47 (permalink)
    Lol, ok buddy, you're the one who can't get their GPU to work, comes on the internet to whine about it and can't find the enter key.
    chris1275
    Re: Thoughts on water blocks? 2020/01/28 05:58:31 (permalink)
    I'm starting to think maybe you should go back through and reread the thread the GPU works fine LOL the water block that I ordered was for an RTX 2060 super XC Ultra what was sent to me was an RTX 2080 TI waterblock LOL upon calling EVGA and emailing EVGA I was told to try to make the RTX 2080 TI fit LOL so on the invoice oven EVGA representative I tried but even after bolting up the water block for a 2080 TI to a 2060 super there was more clearance between the GPU and the cold plate so I had to return the 2080 TI waterblock and was told that it is possible that they would send me another 2080 TI for my 2060 super and the post thread was what were your thoughts on getting something that you did not pay for it and being told but you would probably receive the wrong item again that was the whole purpose of the thread if you actually read the thing LOL please contain your rude comments the mistake is completely yours and nobody is wearing it but you're definitely taking this stupid thread very personal and getting extremely aggravated over an obvious misunderstanding so I say to you again thank you for your time I just believe that you misunderstood the thread when you responded
    kevinc313
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: Thoughts on water blocks? 2020/01/28 06:29:04 (permalink)
    I'm not reading your posts until you learn how to use paragraphs and write coherently.
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Thoughts on water blocks? 2020/01/28 07:24:59 (permalink)
    temp lock for review

Lets keep it Civil --> EVGA Forums Terms of Use

Forum Etiquette 

Members are expected to treat each other with respect, and be courteous of each other's opinions and advice, regardless of his or her relative experience. Although lively discussion is encouraged among members

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Thoughts on water blocks? 2020/01/28 07:40:05 (permalink)
    chris1275
    I'm starting to think maybe you should go back through and reread the thread the GPU works fine LOL

the water block that I ordered was for an RTX 2060 super XC Ultra what was sent to me was an RTX 2080 TI waterblock LOL

upon calling EVGA and emailing EVGA I was told to try to make the RTX 2080 TI fit LOL so on the invoice oven EVGA representative I tried but even after bolting up the water block for a 2080 TI to a 2060 super there was more clearance between the GPU and the cold plate so I had to return the 2080 TI waterblock and was told that it is possible that they would send me another 2080 TI for my 2060 super

and the post thread was what were your thoughts on getting something that you did not pay for it and being told but you would probably receive the wrong item again that was the whole purpose of the thread if you actually read the thing LOL please contain your rude comments the mistake is completely yours and nobody is wearing it but you're definitely taking this stupid thread very personal and getting extremely aggravated over an obvious misunderstanding so I say to you again thank you for your time I just believe that you misunderstood the thread when you responded

(spaces added to quote for readability)

@chris1275

In post#2 --  I asked & you never answered ---> What part number water block did you get ? (was it a)* 400-HC-1189-B1

[(was it a)* added to this post for clarity]

-----> What water block Part number did you get from EVGA ?

Your Title "Thoughts on water blocks?"--> gives the Forum members the impression that your asking Questions about the fitment of the water block you received

[To answer the question you buried at the end of your first post - which Now appears to be the Only question you really want Posts about]

I do not like getting an item that is not what I ordered

bill1024
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 11083
    • Ribbons : 65
    Re: Thoughts on water blocks? 2020/01/28 11:57:08 (permalink)
    My thought on waterblocks. I like them.

Life is too short to carry a cheap pocket knife

GTXJackBauer
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10323
    • Ribbons : 48
    Re: Thoughts on water blocks? 2020/01/28 12:30:16 (permalink)
    bill1024
    My thought on waterblocks. I like them.

+1   

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
    LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile