Age of Empires 3: Definitive Edition beta testing to begin next month

Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102262
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 84
2020/01/25 00:25:16 (permalink)
https://www.kitguru.net/gaming/matthew-wilson/age-of-empires-3-definitive-edition-beta-testing-to-begin-next-month/

Age of Empires III wasn’t quite as popular as Age of Empires II but with a few updates and balance adjustments, the Definitive Edition could end up with a fonder reception. The Insider Programme for the game is now live, with beta invites set to begin going out in February. 
To sign up, you will need to meet the minimum system requirements, which include:
  • Windows 10 64-bit
  • 8GB RAM
  • 2GB Video Memory
  • DX11/D3D11
  • Intel HD Graphics 4400 or newer (if using integrated graphics)
The beta tests will happen in phases, similar to the Halo games on PC. So the first tests will be smaller in scale and will have limited access to game modes, with the beta opening up to more people in the months to come. If you plan on giving it a go, then you can sign up for the Age Insider program HERE.

Playing the beta might give you insight on whether it is a game you'll want to play once it is released. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

1 Reply Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30983
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Age of Empires 3: Definitive Edition beta testing to begin next month 2020/01/25 16:49:42 (permalink)
    not my type of game - but the hardware requirements are reasonable

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile