A Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic Remake is reportedly in development

Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102252
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 84
2020/01/25 00:11:37 (permalink)
https://www.overclock3d.net/news/software/a_star_wars_knights_of_the_old_republic_remake_is_reportedly_in_development/1

A report from cinelinx has stated that a "reimagining" of Star Wars, Knights of the Old Republic is in development, saying that two independent sources have confirmed the story. The game is said to be a new canon remake of the original games, bringing the series into Disney's Star Wars canon. Elements of the Old Republic has already been seen within recent Star Wars movies, comics, TV shows and novels, but remastering these Star Wars classics will undoubtedly bring the series into the official canon. 

This remake is said to be a "reimagining" of the originals, taking elements of both KOTOR I and II to deliver a modernised take on the originals. Other changes will likely be made to better fir these titles into the new Star Wars canon, though I'd hope that they don't change too much of what made the originals great. EA is currently working on several new Star Wars projects, and the success of Jedi: Fallen Order has shown them that there is an appetite for more nice Star Wars gaming experiences. Sadly, at this time it is unknown how far along this new project is, though it is likely that E3 2020 will bring with it a progress report on EA's plans with the Star Wars franchise.  

Personally I thought Knights of the Old Republic was not too bad but a new version should prove interesting. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

2 Replies Related Threads

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10101
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: A Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic Remake is reportedly in development 2020/01/25 02:43:34 (permalink)
    It will be interesting to see what they keep and what they toss out but a remake is something I am interested in.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30975
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: A Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic Remake is reportedly in development 2020/01/25 16:48:33 (permalink)
    anything Star Wars .. has an established base ... so lets hope it is great

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile