EVGA

1080Ti CLC Hybrid Cooler Pump Replacement (Asetek)

Author
NoHaxPlz
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/01/23 08:47:13 (permalink)
So I’ve been looking around the forums a bit and noticed I was supposed to contact someone by the name of Asetek_Dennis. However, I can’t PM. I just want a new pump as mine failed. It appears all of these coolers fail at about 15-18 months. Just months after warranty. Go figure. I just need a replacement pump as mine has died. I resurrected it once by troubleshooting it...shaking the hoses, and removing any and all electrical connections (that were able to be removed) and connected them again tightly.

It didn’t really take so I resulted to just my ways as an electrician and slapped the (removed) out of the pump and it kicked on again. Lol... (In electrical work, sometimes things just need a good smack, brings back a lot of dead ballasts in office lighting like that).

I don’t know how or why it worked. There was a lot of sloshing at the time too, I made sure to get rid of that. This time nothing is working. I just want to take apart the CLC and replace the pump (for something similar to the $60 I paid for my CLC)... If I can’t get that, then I need a step by step on how to take it apart and put the air cooling back on my FTW3 because I do not remember how to, and I don’t know how to properly remove thermal compound (I have purchased a new tube ready to go though).

Any help would be great. I’m open to reasonably priced solutions as well. Truly a bummer this thing died so soon. This PC was built on the premise of having no issues for 3 years minimum.

Thank you,
NoHax

edit by Cool GTX (removed) language
post edited by Cool GTX - 2020/01/24 11:51:26

2 Replies Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30969
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: 1080Ti CLC Hybrid Cooler Pump Replacement (Asetek) 2020/01/24 11:44:06 (permalink)
    recovered your Post from the spam filter

I sent a PM for you

Please take a moment to review this: Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Asetek Im Hit!
    ASETEK Representative
    • Total Posts : 2401
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: 1080Ti CLC Hybrid Cooler Pump Replacement (Asetek) 2020/02/03 09:03:15 (permalink)
    Sorry for the late replay OP. And Thank you @Cool GTX for pinging me. Been slammed with work.

Unfortunately the nature of a closed loop does not allow for a pump replacement. Have you tried to reach out to EVGA Support? Sounds like you are eligible for an RMA. Drop me a DM if you have any issues.

NoHaxPlz
    So I’ve been looking around the forums a bit and noticed I was supposed to contact someone by the name of Asetek_Dennis. However, I can’t PM. I just want a new pump as mine failed. It appears all of these coolers fail at about 15-18 months. Just months after warranty. Go figure. I just need a replacement pump as mine has died. I resurrected it once by troubleshooting it...shaking the hoses, and removing any and all electrical connections (that were able to be removed) and connected them again tightly.

It didn’t really take so I resulted to just my ways as an electrician and slapped the (removed) out of the pump and it kicked on again. Lol... (In electrical work, sometimes things just need a good smack, brings back a lot of dead ballasts in office lighting like that).

I don’t know how or why it worked. There was a lot of sloshing at the time too, I made sure to get rid of that. This time nothing is working. I just want to take apart the CLC and replace the pump (for something similar to the $60 I paid for my CLC)... If I can’t get that, then I need a step by step on how to take it apart and put the air cooling back on my FTW3 because I do not remember how to, and I don’t know how to properly remove thermal compound (I have purchased a new tube ready to go though).

Any help would be great. I’m open to reasonably priced solutions as well. Truly a bummer this thing died so soon. This PC was built on the premise of having no issues for 3 years minimum.

Thank you,
    NoHax

edit by Cool GTX (removed) language

Cool GTX
    recovered your Post from the spam filter

I sent a PM for you

Please take a moment to review this: Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

10900K | ROG Z490-Deluxe | 16Gb GSkillz.  3600MHz | EVGA GTX 3080 FTW3 | 34in AOC Ultrawide 144Hz Monitor @3440x1440  
    Check us out at www.asetek.com
    Read what we're doing at www.coolnation.com
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile