EVGA

Can EVGA DG software control the Fans of my EVGA DG-7 series case or any software ?

Author
Ghost13
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 214
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/01/22 08:00:00 (permalink)
OK after messing around with the EVGA DG software and seeing a no fan adjustment for my DG -7 case.
and only finding this inside the bios of the Z390 FTW motherboard, is the only place to even adjust the fan speeds .. 
I think i might be changing out my motherboard, unless there is a FIX or another software i can down load that will allow the use of adjusting fan speeds on the fly using software instead of BIOS to do this .. 
the software for the DG-7 series case`s does not allow for fan speed adjustments .. 
Would be a nice touch if EVGA had software or a upgrade to there software for the motherboard that would allow fan adjustment on the fly using software .. 
the software for the DG-8 series case allow for adjustment and settings of the RGB`s , but in order to adjust fan speeds you need to buy the DG-8 series cases..  

this is a sad thing for us user of the DG-7 series cases..

So is there even a fix for the DG-7 series case to allow the use of software to adjust fan speeds ? 
or is there a stand alone software i can down load some place to allow me the adjustment of fan speed on the fly  ? 

dont get me wrong, i love the DG- 7 series case i have and the Z390FTW board,  just wish there was the same software that the DG-8 series case can use be used with the DG-7 series case`s.  even if having to buy another control board or even a software update for the motherboard, giving a software based fan speed control .. 

edit Title by Cool GTX - from:"not to sure were i need to post this .. "

post edited by Cool GTX - 2020/01/22 09:47:49

5 Replies Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30978
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Can EVGA DG software control the Fans of my EVGA DG-7 series case or any software ? 2020/01/22 09:45:09 (permalink)
    Moving to EVGA Cases

Home » All Forums » [Other EVGA Products] » EVGA Cases

edit title - to ask about fan control EVGA DG software & DG-7 series case

Feel free to Edit the Title in your First Post if you Want .... I just tried to describe your Post to Help you get Help

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

bob16314
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8048
    • Ribbons : 761
    Re: Can EVGA DG software control the Fans of my EVGA DG-7 series case or any software ? 2020/01/22 10:00:33 (permalink)
    I dunno, man..It says "DG-TUNER fan control software is especially designed for the DG series gaming case, offering users fan controls & monitoring with ease."

Key Features
    • System intake fan speed control
    • System exhaust fan speed control
    • System temperature monitoring (Adjustable thermal sensor placement in Chassis)
    • KBoost button offers KBoost ON / OFF
      - When turned on, system exhaust fan will be turned up to max, fan speed can also be adjusted by user.
      - When turned off, system exhaust fan will be turned to 50%, fan speed can also be adjusted by user.
    • When user press KBoost ON while “DG Tuner” is running, CPU & GPU will be in overclocked mode, when press KBoost OFF, both CPU & GPU will be in balance mode.
    • Shows Fan speed/ CPU temperature/ GPU temperature (only NVIDIA GPU)/ system temperature graphs and history
    But note that it says "DG-Tuner Software version 2.0.0 is not compatible with DG-7 Cases", so you need to use an older version and not the latest version.

* Corsair Obsidian 450D Mid-Tower - Airflow Edition * ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC) * Intel i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz * 16GB G.SKILL Trident Z 4133MHz * Sabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 SSD * WD Black 500 GB HDD * Seasonic M12 II 750W * Corsair H115i Elite Capellix 280mm * EVGA GTX 760 SC * Win7 Home/Win10 Home * 

"Whatever it takes, as long as it works" - Me

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30978
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Can EVGA DG software control the Fans of my EVGA DG-7 series case or any software ? 2020/01/22 10:13:29 (permalink)
    Excellent Catch bob - DG-7 Not with ver 2.0 

@ Ghost13 - What version of DG have you tried ?

Find the pre 2.0 Version HERE:  https://www.evga.com/dgtuner/

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Ghost13
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 214
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Can EVGA DG software control the Fans of my EVGA DG-7 series case or any software ? 2020/01/22 13:38:18 (permalink)
    well my case is a DG-77 so be the V 1 of it .. 
    Yep i know that i can not run the Ver 2.0 on this case my case because V 2.0 is for the DG-8 series cases. 
    but would be nice to do so ..
    Tired of going to my bios to adjust my fan speeds, would be nice to just click adjust and close..

that why i was also asking if there was a software based program that peeps are using that is easy to use that i can download, being how EVGA dont have a software program like the other guys do with there motherboards .
    bob16314
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8048
    • Ribbons : 761
    Re: Can EVGA DG software control the Fans of my EVGA DG-7 series case or any software ? 2020/01/22 20:53:48 (permalink)
    Well, it appears you're SOL..You can try SpeedFan that I used to use with my EVGA 790i FTW and see if/how it works for you..Kinda a pain to set up though.

See Post #2: Fan Control Software for EVGA Z390 Mobo Questions

Or grab a spiffy fan controller like the AeroCool CoolTouch-E or similar that fits in a 5.25" Drive Bay..Prolly also need a Fan Power Extension Cable or two, or more though.

* Corsair Obsidian 450D Mid-Tower - Airflow Edition * ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC) * Intel i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz * 16GB G.SKILL Trident Z 4133MHz * Sabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 SSD * WD Black 500 GB HDD * Seasonic M12 II 750W * Corsair H115i Elite Capellix 280mm * EVGA GTX 760 SC * Win7 Home/Win10 Home * 

"Whatever it takes, as long as it works" - Me

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile