Helpful ReplyGTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid Warranty Inquiry

Author
MageTank
  • Total Posts : 16
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/01/22 10:29:16 (permalink)
Greetings,

My GTX 1080 Ti just failed (getting no video signal in any of the PCIe slots on multiple motherboards, different cables and inputs, etc) and I was looking to have it repaired under warranty. It's one of the older FTW3 Hybrid models. The issue is, I replaced the stock fan on the radiator with a Noctua 3000RPM fan a while ago, and I can no longer locate the original 120mm fan that was included with the radiator. So I have two questions.

1. With the fan being swapped out to a Noctua fan, would this prevent EVGA from repairing the card under warranty?
2. If I purchased a new 120mm EVGA fan and attached it to the radiator, would it then allow the card to be repaired under warranty? Or do I require the original fan that shipped with radiator?

I had swapped the fan out a while back as the card was running really hot but that turned out to be the thermal paste pumping out. Had I known the card would fail just a couple months afterwards, I probably wouldn't have gone through the trouble of replacing the fan and taking the entire GPU apart in the first place. Either way, I would appreciate some insight on this. In the meantime, I'll continue to look for the original fan until I have a definitive answer on the subject.
MageTank
Re: GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid Warranty Inquiry 2020/01/22 10:48:19 (permalink)
EVGATech_ChristianJ
Hello MageTank,

For the warranty you would need to have the stock fan, however it does not have to be the original fan that shipped on your card. If you are not able to find the original fan, send me an email and we can look at what options we have. cjohnson@evga.com

Thank you for the quick response Christian. I'll continue to look for it once I get off work this evening. I do see that the fans are available on Newegg, so in the worst case scenario, I can buy the fan and replace it once it ships in. Either way, I'll send you an email later on tonight to discuss the shipping process.
MageTank
Re: GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid Warranty Inquiry 2020/01/22 11:15:55 (permalink)
EVGATech_ChristianJ
MageTank

I do see that the fans are available on Newegg

Just as a note, our FX line of fans are not the same as what's included on the hybrid cards.

Ah, that throws a wrench in that plan. Do you happen to know the exact model of the fan, and if any replacements are available online? I don't mind paying for a replacement, I just don't want to trouble EVGA for me losing the fan in the first place. 
FlyingFish73
  • Total Posts : 63
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid Warranty Inquiry 2020/01/26 13:45:22 (permalink)
I upgraded my 1080TI FTW3 with the Hybrid Kit, and replaced the stock fan.
Just taken a photo of the original radiator fan, and attached to this message, so you can go hunting 

Attached Image(s)

MageTank
Re: GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid Warranty Inquiry 2020/01/27 05:30:45 (permalink)
FlyingFish73
I upgraded my 1080TI FTW3 with the Hybrid Kit, and replaced the stock fan.
Just taken a photo of the original radiator fan, and attached to this message, so you can go hunting 

Thank you very much for this information. Looks like multiple companies use this model of fan, but it's definitely a great start to know what I am looking for. I really appreciate this!
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile