AMD’s Growth Forces Industry Giants Like NVIDIA And Intel To Slash Prices

Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102231
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 84
2020/01/20 09:57:02 (permalink)
https://happygamer.com/amds-growth-forces-industry-giants-like-nvidia-and-intel-to-slash-prices-on-their-high-spec-graphic-cards-52624/

For years Intel has been dominating CPU the market, charging a premium for their products. However, with the recent success of AMD, the market has only become more competitive. AMD made a picturesque comeback. In 2012, the company had claims of losing over $1 billion, which entirely wiped out its previous two years gains, but bow the company is whisking higher profits year-on-year. Still, AMD is shining. However, on the CPU market, its Ryzen PC CPUs and EPYC server CPUs, both built on Zen architecture with the cutting-edge manufacturing process from a third-party shop, has Intel improvising to keep the more substantial portion of the market share. While on the GPU side, the company is again competitive in this ultra-high-end market. This success emanates from the massive difference between the prices of their products. For example, the Ryzen 9 3950X was priced at $749 at launch. While Intel’s Core i9-10980XE was priced at $979, this was after cutting down to fit in their pricing strategy.
The competitive price of the 2017 processor was $1,999. Those premium price strategies would have worked in 2017 when AMD was trying to make a name with its first-gen Ryzen chips. However, not today. With AMD offering consumers high-quality core at prices that make Intel’s earlier high-end products look like a gimmick, something they had to undercut severely. Hence, it led to Intel price cuts as a means to sustain its position or ‘a position’ in the market.

At the other end of the market, AMD also made some made large pocket holes on NVIDIA’s substantial GPU market share. This happened as a success of the RX 5000 series. AMD launched two RX 5700 series cards last July, priced at $349 and $399, respectively. Besides, AMD strongly believes that the RX 5600XT overtakes NVIDIA GTX 1600 Ti, even at the same price. NVIDIA responded with slashing the price of a higher spec graphics card. Sadly it was the RTX 2060, with ray-tracing tech feature. However, they couldn’t set the price for $299, but with an added $20 more than AMD’s RX 5600 XT.

However, no one knows the actual performance of both cards yet, so one thing is for sure that the underdog, AMD, is taking some fight to the doorsteps of these giants. Nonetheless, it’s always the consumer that wins at the end, with a slew of options to pick from ultimately.

Totally agree with this article as in the end the consumer wins. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

10 Replies Related Threads

atfrico
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 12753
    • Ribbons : 25
    Re: AMD’s Growth Forces Industry Giants Like NVIDIA And Intel To Slash Prices 2020/01/20 10:47:19 (permalink)
    Oh wow.look at that. Yet in the other thread someone said i didn't know what i was.talking about go figures🙄🤦.
    Good find. Take that nonbelievers.

P.S.:

Told ya 😼

Those who abuse power, are nothing but scumbags! The challenge of power is how to use it and not abuse it. The abuse of power that seems to create the most unhappiness is when a person uses personal power to get ahead without regards to the welfare of others, people are obsessed with it. You can take a nice person and turn them into a slob, into an insane being, craving power, destroying anything that stands in their way.

Affiliate Code: 3T15O1S07G
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30963
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: AMD’s Growth Forces Industry Giants Like NVIDIA And Intel To Slash Prices 2020/01/20 11:01:37 (permalink)

AMD has not forced lower Prices on Nvidia high end cards ... because they still lack any that compete on the highend

They have Nvidia squeezing margins on the low & mid market ... 2060  -- thats good for consumers

AMD is making the CPU market move ... great for consumers

The article was poorly worded / written but the message is still there ... AMD has arisen from the ashes & consumers have more choices

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Grey_Beard
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2232
    • Ribbons : 10
    Re: AMD’s Growth Forces Industry Giants Like NVIDIA And Intel To Slash Prices 2020/01/20 11:08:51 (permalink)
    Nice to see. Let’s hope that the performance is there when these are released.

Would be nice to see some competition on the high-end market with some pricing pressure on Nvidia.

aka_STEVE_b
    EGC Admin
    • Total Posts : 17692
    • Ribbons : 69
    Re: AMD’s Growth Forces Industry Giants Like NVIDIA And Intel To Slash Prices 2020/01/20 11:22:56 (permalink)
    ANY competition is better than none .........

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X  12-core cpu~ ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero ~ EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3~ G.SKILL Trident Z NEO 32GB DDR4-3600 ~ Phanteks Eclipse P400s red case ~ EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G+ PSU ~ Intel 660p M.2 drive~ Crucial MX300 275 GB SSD ~WD 2TB SSD ~CORSAIR H115i RGB Pro XT 280mm cooler ~ CORSAIR Dark Core RGB Pro mouse ~ CORSAIR K68 Mech keyboard ~ HGST 4TB Hd.~ AOC AGON 32" monitor 1440p @ 144Hz ~ Win 10 x64
    GTXJackBauer
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10323
    • Ribbons : 48
    Re: AMD’s Growth Forces Industry Giants Like NVIDIA And Intel To Slash Prices 2020/01/20 12:58:45 (permalink)
    Cool GTX

AMD has not forced lower Prices on Nvidia high end cards ... because they still lack any that compete on the highend

They have Nvidia squeezing margins on the low & mid market ... 2060  -- thats good for consumers

AMD is making the CPU market move ... great for consumers

The article was poorly worded / written but the message is still there ... AMD has arisen from the ashes & consumers have more choices

+1 Agree.  I was wondering who the hell wrote that?!  Someone's kid after a dose of CM paste?

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
    LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
    veganfanatic
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2119
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: AMD’s Growth Forces Industry Giants Like NVIDIA And Intel To Slash Prices 2020/01/21 11:57:34 (permalink)
    once Intel's GPU hits the street then the pricing will be disrupted even more so

Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition + Corsair AX1600i PSU
    My desktop uses the ThinkVision 31.5 inch P32p-20 Monitor.
    My sound system is the Edifier B1700BT
    atfrico
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 12753
    • Ribbons : 25
    Re: AMD’s Growth Forces Industry Giants Like NVIDIA And Intel To Slash Prices 2020/01/21 14:47:49 (permalink)
    Cool GTX

AMD has not forced lower Prices on Nvidia high end cards.

"Don't you roll your eyes on me" 😾and rated R gesture afterwards😸 line taken from Road Trip movie.

Not yet, you ll see they are next. AMD is.playing the Donkey Kong game with Nvidia.
    AMD is Mario and.Nvidia is the Monkey😼
    post edited by atfrico - 2020/01/21 14:50:19

Those who abuse power, are nothing but scumbags! The challenge of power is how to use it and not abuse it. The abuse of power that seems to create the most unhappiness is when a person uses personal power to get ahead without regards to the welfare of others, people are obsessed with it. You can take a nice person and turn them into a slob, into an insane being, craving power, destroying anything that stands in their way.

Affiliate Code: 3T15O1S07G
    Ghost13
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 214
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: AMD’s Growth Forces Industry Giants Like NVIDIA And Intel To Slash Prices 2020/01/21 14:59:04 (permalink)
    that is why i am going to go BACK to AMD.  Intel has charged to much for far to long, and now that AMD has been giving Intel a kick in the ass in the way or Price to Performance, its time for me to say good pay and go back to what i liked when i started building systems for my self.  
    Yes intel is and has been a good brand, but as for Price it is a little over bearing in a way, that intel has made much off its users.  that its a good thing that AMD is going NO NO no more.  time for a change .. 
    Brad_Hawthorne
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 23174
    • Ribbons : 39
    Re: AMD’s Growth Forces Industry Giants Like NVIDIA And Intel To Slash Prices 2020/01/23 01:52:21 (permalink)
    I find the whole concept of AMD keeping Intel and Nvidia honest to be silly. No consumer products are honest. They need to be competitive though.
    transdogmifier
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6116
    • Ribbons : 17
    Re: AMD’s Growth Forces Industry Giants Like NVIDIA And Intel To Slash Prices 2020/01/23 05:05:49 (permalink)
    I love competition...

Intel is a gigantic entity tho...I'm not sure if AMD is wholly to 'thank' or 'blame' for price cuts...tho I'm sure it's partially
    responsible.

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
    Deepcool LT720
    Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X670 (Might change..don't like this board)
    eVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming (Hybrid kit on it)
    Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ 4k Monitor
    eVGA 1600W Supernova T2 PSU
    32GB Kingston 6000 DDR5 (2x16GB) Fury
    Corsair MP600 Pro 2TB (Boot)
    Corsair MP600 2TB (Games/Data)
    Phanteks P500A Case

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile