EVGA

Anyone play Hunt: Showdown with a Nu Audio card?

Author
MackWage
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 196
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 1
2020/01/19 17:22:38 (permalink)
Greetings all. After following everything I've found via Google, the sub-reddit, and in here, I still cannot seem to get the in-game voice chat to work at all. Not only can I not hear other's voices, but when I hit my configured PTT button (alt), I see no in game indicator. Voice chat works fine in others games and Discord.
I have:

1. Ensured Hunt has the correct configured audio input and output devices.
2. Per the Crytek post awhile back, I ensured my Steam voice chat settings has the correct configured mic and headphones.
3. I also ensure the correct devices were configured as the default within Windows.
4. I have ensured I am not dynamically natting ports on connections (only IP) so this should negate any potential NAT issues).
5. I have ensured my security software has proper exclusions for the Hunt game folder and Windows firewall isn't blocking any connections.
6. For the above two points, I reviewed all of my network firewall logs, host firewall logs, and host AV logs to validate nothing was being blocked or scanned.
7. Per one post, I also configured Voice to Muted in-game then back to PTT.
8. My mic is a mod-mic 5 connected to the mic port on the EVGA Nu Audio Pro card.
9. My audio is typically set to 32 bit / 192k. I have tried setting it all the way down to 24 bit / 48k with no change in voice working.
10. I also tried temporarily removing my AV and disabling firewalls to no effect.
11. Last week, I fully reformatted my computer and reinstalled Steam/Hunt. No change.
12. I've tried ensuring the Steam voice PTT and Open settings were mirrored Hunt settings as well as just putting Steam on Open voice and no change. ( I am not readily sure how Hunt leverages Steam voice )
13. I have played the game utilizing a third party VPN service to further isolate it not being a network level issue.

The game shows visual indicators in game when in-game chat is being used and those do not even appear when I hit the PTT button or when a teammate is trying to use in-game voice. So this suggests to me the that entire feature is not working for me specifically and it's not just it's happening but I cannot hear it. The only thing left I can think of is some type of incompatibility between Hunt's voice features and the Nu Audio card. I had the Nu Audio card and recently upgraded to the Nu Audio Pro and issue existed on both. I'm trying to avoid testing on my onboard sound card right now due to the effort of switching everything over. So I wanted to reach out here and see if anyone else is playing Hunt on this sound card and if in game voice works for you. Everything else (including all other in game sounds) works great. 

4 Replies Related Threads

ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 21171
    • Ribbons : 270
    Re: Anyone play Hunt: Showdown with a Nu Audio card? 2020/01/19 20:41:04 (permalink)
    I would test with the onboard sound to confirm that it's not a sound card issue. But, honestly, I don't think it is a sound card issue. If the voice chat indicators in the game don't even light up, I imagine that the problem is elsewhere. I know you already have checked and tested everything you can think of, but I believe that it is probably an issue with the game, Steam, your network, or your antivirus/firewall. Again, I would test with your onboard audio to confirm.
    post edited by ty_ger07 - 2020/01/19 20:45:30

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
    My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

MackWage
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Anyone play Hunt: Showdown with a Nu Audio card? 2020/01/19 21:15:10 (permalink)
    That is my next step. As for the voice indicator, you see an indicator on other teammates when they're talking as well and this never appears for me either. Given I have ruled out anything at the network level as a possibility, it's a host-level issue which has persisted a reformat. This suggests an incompatibility with SOMETHING as the most likely culprit. 
    MackWage
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Anyone play Hunt: Showdown with a Nu Audio card? 2020/01/19 21:28:14 (permalink)
    Also my understanding is that much like other voice chat solutions, the voice indicator appears when you press the PTT button regardless of whether or not voice itself is detected. This indicator not appearing is what makes me think there's potentially an issue with communication with sound card or it not detecting it/my output/input correctly. 

MackWage
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Anyone play Hunt: Showdown with a Nu Audio card? 2020/01/20 10:29:12 (permalink)
    I tested with onboard sound and the issue persisted. No indicator of voice things related working at all. So I suppose that rules out any incompatibility. Also just to clarify one thing since you said "But, honestly, I don't think it is a sound card issue." I wasn't intending to point to the Nu Audio card as the root cause of the issue or that it was the fault of EVGA in any way. I was simply trying to determine whether it was SOME kind of incompatibility whether it be a Nu Audio setting, sample rate, driver, CryEngine 5, etc. 
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile