EVGA

ASUS brings its ROG Bezel-Free kit to market, promising a better gaming experience

Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102253
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 84
2020/01/19 04:18:16 (permalink)
https://www.overclock3d.net/news/gpu_displays/asus_brings_its_rog_bezel-free_kit_to_market_promising_a_better_multi-screen_gaming_experience/1

Back at CES 2018, ASUS showcased a ROG product which promised to deliver gamers a bezel-free gaming experience, turning their existing triple scree setups into what looks like a single, mega-wide monitor. Now, ASUS has brought this idea to market with their ROG Bezel-Free Kit ABF01. ASUS' ROG Bezel-Free Gaming kit is designed to sit between compatible monitors, which are "under 27 inches with a four-sided frameless or slim-bezel design", and refract light using "optical micro-structures" to remove the visibility of bezels and create what looks like a single, continuous screen. 

This kit is designed specifically for those who enjoy simulator games, shooters or other experiences that benefit from a multi-monitor setup. The only downsides of this solution are that users will need to align their monitors perfectly and that these refraction kits are not ideal for non-gaming purposes like office work or web browsing. At this time, ASUS has not confirmed when we should expect its ROG Bezel-free kit to become available at retailers, or what price these kits will ship for, regardless, some gamers may see this kit as a must-have upgrade for their multi-monitor setup, especially those who enjoy racing titles. 

If this can work as the pictures show below then this could really help multi-monitor gaming in my opinion. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

3 Replies Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30975
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: ASUS brings its ROG Bezel-Free kit to market, promising a better gaming experience 2020/01/19 09:49:44 (permalink)
    Interesting product

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

atfrico
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 12753
    • Ribbons : 25
    Re: ASUS brings its ROG Bezel-Free kit to market, promising a better gaming experience 2020/01/19 16:00:58 (permalink)
    I prefer 1 screen display Curve Tv😼

Those who abuse power, are nothing but scumbags! The challenge of power is how to use it and not abuse it. The abuse of power that seems to create the most unhappiness is when a person uses personal power to get ahead without regards to the welfare of others, people are obsessed with it. You can take a nice person and turn them into a slob, into an insane being, craving power, destroying anything that stands in their way.

Affiliate Code: 3T15O1S07G
    z999z3mystorys
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4480
    • Ribbons : 23
    Re: ASUS brings its ROG Bezel-Free kit to market, promising a better gaming experience 2020/01/19 22:21:08 (permalink)
    So they replaced the bezel with a glass, transparent bezel that you can see through if you don't mind a slightly different image, but still doesn't look like it's not there at all.

I'm still on 16:9, haven't tried 21:9 and 32:9 is still way out there for me, let alone the triple wide of 48:9
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile