EVGA

Extreme pixilation of random images on web sites.

Author
comrade
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1316
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 4
2020/01/17 15:42:38 (permalink)
Not sure if this is the right forum for this..., but..., attached are two files showing the same website screen shots taken at the same time on the same computer.  The second image is a screen shot from MS Edge, (not the new Chrome version), and the first image is the same web site screen shot taken on Google Chrome.  Both from the same computer at the same time.  Notice that the first looks fine, but the second shows extreme pixilation of the image.  This has been happening to me for a while now.  On what they now call Edge Legacy, everything is fine.  On Chrome, or the new Chrome based Edge, or on Firefox, random images are pixilated.  I can reload the page, and the pixilated image may clear up, but other images on the web site are pixilated.  This never happens on the old Internet Explorer or on the older version of Edge.

Computer has an ASUS Rampage 5 Extreme MB, X-99 chipset.  Intel I7-5930K, 16 gig of DDR4, a Samsung 970 Evo 1 Terabyte SSD, and two EVGA GTX 1080ti GPU's in SLI with the newest drivers 441.87, Windows 10 Pro, version 1909 build 18363-592.  Nothing is overclocked.

It started doing this a few months ago, and we've just been using Edge.  But now, MS is discontinuing the old Edge and going to the Chrome based version.  It's been doing this with multiple updates to the OS and the video drivers and the hardware seems to function perfectly except for the random pixilated images on and browser that seems to be related in any way to Chrome.

Any help would be appreciated!

Attached Image(s)

Gigabyte TRX40 Aorus Pro WiFi Amd sTRX4 ATX MB, AMD Ryzen 9 Threadripper 3960x, EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA HYBRID GAMING, 24G-P5-3988-KR, twin - 28" 3840 x 2160 Monitors, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, M2 NVME SSD for OS, 3x2 TB  Samsung 980 Pro SSD's for storage, Samsung SH-203 SATA DVD Drive, Coolermaster 1000 Watt PSU, Win 11 Pro, Coolermaster HAF 932 Advanced case. EVGA Z20 Gaming Keyboard, Razer Orochi 2013 Mouse.

15 Replies Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30982
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Extreme pixilation of random images on web sites. 2020/01/17 15:47:13 (permalink)
    Your in the Correct part of Forums

I have No issues with Firefox

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49165
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: Extreme pixilation of random images on web sites. 2020/01/17 15:50:06 (permalink)
    Issue goes away when disabling hardware accleration?
    comrade
    FTW Member
    Re: Extreme pixilation of random images on web sites. 2020/01/17 16:17:05 (permalink)
    I've done some reading on this and did try disabling hardware acceleration on Chrome and the new Edge, and it seemed to have no effect.

Gigabyte TRX40 Aorus Pro WiFi Amd sTRX4 ATX MB, AMD Ryzen 9 Threadripper 3960x, EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA HYBRID GAMING, 24G-P5-3988-KR, twin - 28" 3840 x 2160 Monitors, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, M2 NVME SSD for OS, 3x2 TB  Samsung 980 Pro SSD's for storage, Samsung SH-203 SATA DVD Drive, Coolermaster 1000 Watt PSU, Win 11 Pro, Coolermaster HAF 932 Advanced case. EVGA Z20 Gaming Keyboard, Razer Orochi 2013 Mouse.
    Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49165
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: Extreme pixilation of random images on web sites. 2020/01/17 16:37:30 (permalink)
    Does the issue occur over all the outputs on the back of the gpu?
    wmmills
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5679
    • Ribbons : 40
    Re: Extreme pixilation of random images on web sites. 2020/01/18 00:55:41 (permalink)
    Have you updated the pixelated browsers? If you go a long time, like months, without updating Firefox, Chrome etc... they do this thing now where they ruin your browsing experience till you do. I had Firefox block my keyboard entirely and only let me use the mouse and it lasted like 2 days till i figured it out. Pretty annoying to say the least.

MOBO: EVGA x299 Dark, CPU: I9 10900X, RAM: Patriot Viper RGB 3600 32gb, SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, M2: Samsung 970 EVO+ 1TB, PSU: CoolerMaster M2 1500, CPU HSF: EVGA 240 CLC HSF~ P/P EK Furious Vardar, G-CARD:EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming w/Hybrid kit and Noctua IPPC 3000 P/P, CASE: LIAN-LI PC-V2010B w/ Window mod, OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, MON: Alienware AW3821DW

New EVGA product? Register it NOW with this link:
    http://www.evga.com/register/default.asp?affiliatecode=4QFQRAMOII
     Help Our Vets From K-2!
    [link=https://strongholdfreedom
    comrade
    FTW Member
    Re: Extreme pixilation of random images on web sites. 2020/01/18 07:11:13 (permalink)
    I haven't changed the output ports..., yet, although it was doing the same thing before and after I had to move it.  I just had to paint the room the computer is in, and had to unplug and move everything and then put it back.  I'll try doing that.  I've got twin monitors and it does it on both of the outputs that the two monitors are plugged into.  I'll dig into my pile of spare cables and see if I can find some new DisplayPort cables.  Both monitors are plugged into the same card, the one in the #1 slot on the MB.  (I think that's the correct way, isn't it, to have twin monitors plugged into only one of the cards?)

I have updated the browsers.  Chrome is the latest version and I installed the latest version of Edge a couple of days ago, and it was pixilating so badly  that I uninstalled it and went back to what they are now calling Edge Legacy.  (It's a good thing I still had the download of the install files for that.  MS seems to have combed the web rather quickly to get rid of all traces of the old version and of course they never answer emails or any feedback that you send to them.  Their consumer help sites seem to be just a black hole that emails and feedback disappear into and are never heard from again!

I did swap the cards around about a month ago when I installed the new Samsung M2 NVME SSD for the OS, but it was doing the same thing before and after doing that, so I assume it's not one of the cards.  At least I hope not.  I think they are out of warranty, or getting close to it.

Before I retired, I would have just built a new computer, using these problems as an excuse, but now, although my income didn't drop all that much after retirement due to the way I had it set up, I've run into some hefty medical bills due to a rare form of cancer I was diagnosed with a bit over a year ago.  Something called Waldenstroms Macroglobulinemia.  A mouthful..., and not curable, but supposedly usually controllable, which it seems to be so far.  Also been through appliance hell this past year having to replace refrigerator, stove, dishwasher, washer and drier, water heater and then both the furnace and the AC. 

Now I've got to see if I can get the snowblower to start so I can get rid of the five or six inches of ice and snow that got dumped into my driveway last night in the storm we had here in Illinois, in the far northwestern suburbs of Chicago.

Just as an aside...., anyone know what's going on with Fry's?  I was in there a while ago and their computer section looked like the shelves on a toy store after the Christmas sales.  It looked almost empty and whole aisles had almost nothing in them.  Are they going out of business, or just getting out of the computer business?  Luckily there are still a couple of Microcenters in the area.

ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 21171
    • Ribbons : 270
    Re: Extreme pixilation of random images on web sites. 2020/01/18 12:11:37 (permalink)
    Fry's Electronics claims that they aren't going out of business. My local one in Oregon looks bleak as well; I walked in, walked corner to far corner, saw lots of empty shelves, and only saw one sales person on the floor. Fry's claims that they are restructuring and making staff changes, but, to me, it looks like they are going out of business. I heard rumors that some suppliers for Fry's complained about not recieving payments from Fry's or received late payments. I heard rumors that some suppliers for Fry's have stopped business with Fry's and took back their demo units from the Fry's stores. My local Fry's has all the demo speakers, car audio stuff gone completely; just empty speaker boxes and empty head unit displays. My local Fry's has most demo computer shelves empty and most demo laptop shelves empty; they used to have multiple isles of systems all set up and able to try out. Isle after isle of emptiness, or just a complete isle with only half a dozen boxes of one single product or a few products.

We'll see. Looks bad to me.

For anyone who hasn't been to a Fry's in a while and hasn't seen what we are talking about, video about it showing empty shelves:
    https://www.abc15.com/new...s-electronics-in-tempe
    post edited by ty_ger07 - 2020/01/18 12:23:20

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
    My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30982
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Extreme pixilation of random images on web sites. 2020/01/18 13:03:23 (permalink)
    ty_ger07
    Fry's Electronics claims that they aren't going out of business. My local one in Oregon looks bleak as well; I walked in, walked corner to far corner, saw lots of empty shelves, and only saw one sales person on the floor. Fry's claims that they are restructuring and making staff changes, but, to me, it looks like they are going out of business. I heard rumors that some suppliers for Fry's complained about not recieving payments from Fry's or received late payments. I heard rumors that some suppliers for Fry's have stopped business with Fry's and took back their demo units from the Fry's stores. My local Fry's has all the demo speakers, car audio stuff gone completely; just empty speaker boxes and empty head unit displays. My local Fry's has most demo computer shelves empty and most demo laptop shelves empty; they used to have multiple isles of systems all set up and able to try out. Isle after isle of emptiness, or just a complete isle with only half a dozen boxes of one single product or a few products.

We'll see. Looks bad to me.

For anyone who hasn't been to a Fry's in a while and hasn't seen what we are talking about, video about it showing empty shelves:
    https://www.abc15.com/new...s-electronics-in-tempe

Wonder if they are going to be online sales only ?

@ comrade
    Any reason your stuck on Chrome & not trying Firefox ?

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10101
    Re: Extreme pixilation of random images on web sites. 2020/01/18 14:12:34 (permalink)
    Looking at Fry's website it shows a lot of stuff marked as clearance. I guess they could go online only but it would probably be someone else buying the website. If the stores go under I don't see them being able to have the cash on hand to transition to online only and being able to pay debt that the stores would have in covering the leases.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

RainStryke
    The Advocate
    • Total Posts : 15872
    • Ribbons : 60
    Re: Extreme pixilation of random images on web sites. 2020/01/18 14:21:51 (permalink)
    I'm curious, have you tried running both monitors at 1080p and see if it's still happening in Chrome? To my knowledge, Edge is the only browser that has native 4K support.

Main PC | Secondary PC
    Intel i9 10900K | Intel i7 9700K

MSI MEG Z490 ACE | Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Master
    ASUS TUF RTX 3090 | NVIDIA RTX 2070 Super
    32GB G.Skill Trident Z Royal 4000MHz CL18 | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4266MHz CL17
    SuperFlower Platinum SE 1200w | Seasonic X-1250
    Samsung EVO 970 1TB and Crucial P5 1TB | Intel 760p 1TB and Crucial MX100 512GB
    Cougar Vortex CF-V12HPB x9 | Cougar Vortex CF-V12SPB-RGB x5

3DMark Results:Time Spy|Port Royal

comrade
    FTW Member
    Re: Extreme pixilation of random images on web sites. 2020/01/19 16:47:39 (permalink)
    Cool GTX
    Your in the Correct part of Forums

I have No issues with Firefox

Tried installing Firefox, and it has the same problems with random pixilated images.  Also crashes a lot.

comrade
    FTW Member
    Re: Extreme pixilation of random images on web sites. 2020/01/19 17:35:39 (permalink)
    I've tried just about everything today. Tried only one video card, then the other.  Switched Displayport cables.  Tried all combinations of connecting both monitors and then tried singe monitor in all Displayports on the GTX 1080ti's.  Tried installing Firefox.   Still pixilated images in Chrome, the New Edge based on Chrome and Firefox.

Original Edge, which I had kept the install files in a dusty corner of a hard drive, works fine.  No problems.  Also Internet Explorer 11 works just fine.  Every other browser I've tried shows random pixilated images.

Reading another post on this forum about problems with Chrome, I removed all traces of it from the computer and then rebooted and re-installed Chrome.  My monitors are not terribly expensive.  They are Acer B28HK models with a 3840 x 2160 resolution.  They installed using a generic MS PnP driver as the one with the monitors isn't digitally signed.  I tried disabling the requirement for signed drivers and installed the ACER ones.  No difference, still pixilated images.  I tried changing resolutions from the native 3840 x2160 down to 1920 x 1080.  I had to change the scaling factor to be able to see things as at the native resolution, Windows shows up so small a magnifying glass is needed to see anything on the screen.  Even at lower resolutions, it stil shows the pixilated images.  

I noticed when playing with the resolutions that it showed my monitors displaying at 59 Hz instead of 60, which is the max for these monitors.  I even went so far as to make up custom resolution settings with the refresh rate set at 59 Hz, and then at 61 Hz, just to see what happens.  Did that at both UHD and HD resolutions.  No difference.  Chrome or new Edge or Firefox all still show pixilated images.  The only difference now is that Chrome seems to crash all the time.

I've been reading about some bug that's shown up in Chrome in recent days, and now that's happening on my computer.  Now, Chrome crashes almost immediately every time I try and use it.  It opens with the generic Google search homepage and won't let me import bookmarks or settings.  Crashes immediately when doing almost anything with Chrome.

This problem showed up quite a while ago, seems it was just about the time of the first 'Spring Update' to Windows 10.  The first big update.  It didn't bother me much as I just kept using either IE11 or original Edge, once I got my wife used to using it.

When I read that Edge was going to a Chrome based version, I thought that would be good, except that it still displays pixilated images and is unusable.

Now, nothing other than original Edge or the IE11 works in any way that's usable.  I've even gone so far as to re-install Windows from scratch and then re-installing all my programs.  Everything works fine as long as I use either original Edge or IE11.  

At this point, I don't know what to do.  I don't think it's a hardware problem as that would have shown up in all the testing I did today.  Since everything used to work, until that update from Windows, which is about when I think this all started showing up, I don't know what I'm going to do.  I know eventually MS is going to find a way to banish the original Edge browser, and probably IE11.  I had a hell of a time finding my original files for Edge after getting rid of the new Edge install.  No matter what you try, Windows keeps trying to switch to the new version of Edge, which just doesn't work.

Feedback and questions directed to MS do no good as that is just a black hole into which questions disappear without ever being answered or even acknowledged.  All their 'help' forums seem to be run by people who go to great lengths to point out that they may work for MS, but are just doing this in their spare time and that NOTHING they say or suggest or even hint at is to be taken as anything 'official' from MS!  Microsoft never answers any questions or acknowledges that a problem exists.  I've sent in dozens, possibly into the hundreds of 'Feedback' responses to MS about these problems and have never, ever received anything back from them, other than the standard, "Thanks for the feedback.  This is a computer generated response so don't bother following up as we can't be bothered with your little problems"!

It's almost enough to make me start thinking about Linux, or...., even...., gasp..., I can hardly say this..., but even trying Apple.

I've been building my own computers for at least twenty years now, and have never had one that I couldn't get to run correctly.  This one used to..., and although I'd like to build a new one, certain expenses right now make that not very likely.  I'm retired, and cancer treatments and arthritis and diabetes care are expensive in these days of the idiots in Washington trying to destroy the Affordable Care Act medical care system in this country!  Since a certain party got control of everything for a couple of years just recently, my insulin costs went from three dollars a month to over a thousand dollars a month.  My wifes medical insurance went from about three hundred dollars a month, to over twelve hundred dollars a month.  The medical bills for the last three months of chemotherapy were just under three hundred thousand dollars!  And I thought the new video cards were expensive!

NazcaC2
    EGC Admin
    • Total Posts : 7420
    • Ribbons : 38
    Re: Extreme pixilation of random images on web sites. 2020/01/19 22:03:08 (permalink)
    If you have a spare drive, I'd test with a clean install of Windows 10 1909 and see if you're still experiencing problems with graphics corruption. I know it's not ideal, but that'll tell you if there's an underlying problem with the operating system. Maybe a DLL or some sort of configuration got corrupt.

If I'm not mistaken, the video is JavaScript. See if other videos in JavaScript are having the same issues. Check if HTML5 videos work ok (YouTube) also.
    post edited by NazcaC2 - 2020/01/19 22:09:05

Intel i9-12900K
    ASUS Prime Z690-A
    Corsair 850W RM850x
    Windows 11 Professional
    Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 A-RGB
    Corsair Dominator 32GB DDR5 5200MHz
    EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 ULTRA GAMING
    4x Samsung 2TB 980 Pro SSD + 1x ADATA 512GB SU800
    Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB SIGNATURE SERIES Mid-Tower - Neon Night
    comrade
    FTW Member
    Re: Extreme pixilation of random images on web sites. 2020/01/19 22:35:45 (permalink)
    I just installed a new OS drive about a month ago.  I went from a Samsung 850 Pro 256 Mb SATA  drive to a Samsung Evo 1 Terabyte M2 NVME SSD.  It acted the same way before and after the change in drives.

Old Edge works fine and IE11 works fine.  Chrome, new Edge Chrome based and Firefox all do the same thing with extreme pixilation of random images.  I can reload the pages and the pixilated images go away, but other images are then pixilated.

Running the latest stable version of Windows 10 Pro, 1909 Build 18363.592.  Updated with the latest updates.  Video driver is 441.87.

comrade
    FTW Member
    Re: Extreme pixilation of random images on web sites. 2020/01/25 07:25:14 (permalink)
    Did a clean install of the latest version of Windows 10 Pro.  Installed all the latest drivers and updates.  Even updated the MB to the latest version of the UEFI.  Still no change in the problems with Chrome or Chrome based browsers, even when running at 1920 x 1080.

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile