EVGA eGPU?

Author
FR3D1
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 127
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/01/13 04:44:55 (permalink)
Is it just me or does anyone else think that EVGA should have an eGPU product?
Since EVGA have a product lineup in Enclosure, Laptop and GPU I don't get why there isn't an eGPU product already.
What are your thoughts?

7 Replies Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30974
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: EVGA eGPU? 2020/01/13 06:44:14 (permalink)
    You can always be heard - best place for that is:  Complaints and Suggestions

There seems to be many choices already in this small segment of the PC market

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Cordorb
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 635
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: EVGA eGPU? 2020/01/14 21:39:08 (permalink)
    With Apple and Nvidia not talking together on the software 
    the Mac users who really can use E-GPU have to use the other cards.

AS said above there are a lot of choices already even a mac vendor
    --
    NOW if it can work on my Raspberry Pi-4  :-)

FR3D1
    Superclocked Member
    Re: EVGA eGPU? 2020/01/17 16:40:09 (permalink)
    Well Mac isn't the only machine that use eGPU and besides I don't think people turn to Apple when it comes to gaming, with the current trends some of the top of the line laptops now don't even have discrete graphics (or only underpowered one) and more and more laptop now comes with thunderbolt 3 and soon to release USB 4.
    The eGPU would goes well with their current well-known GPU/PSU lineup and maybe even throw in a NU audio card if they wanted to.
    It might work on RPi in the future if it comes with USB 4 and this is why I think eGPU is a good product because virtually anything with a current Thunderbolt 3 or USB 4 can make use of it but in the case of RPi it might not be the best for gaming but might work well for other tasks such as mining or just more for more processing power.

And btw just want to clear things up. The reason that people might use an eGPU is NOT to replace a Desktop setup as it does not offer performance any where near desktop. It is mainly targeted towards those people with a expensive laptop (maybe for work?) and want to occasionally use it for gaming instead of spending on getting a whole Desktop setup just for gaming.
    post edited by FR3D1 - 2020/01/17 16:49:50

Cordorb
    SSC Member
    Re: EVGA eGPU? 2020/01/17 23:19:11 (permalink)
    good points-

Also to add extra monitors with faster video or even to off load some heat from laptops or Mac mini.

My Mac mini 2018 runs without a eGPU  playing Steam games with bootcamp windows 10 at 99 deg C.

With lots of mac's and PC's around the office here

- I would need a type of  eGPU that had extra slots and easy  way to slide in  different wattage set of power units

wmmills
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5679
    • Ribbons : 40
    Re: EVGA eGPU? 2020/01/18 00:41:04 (permalink)
    Ok, youre gonna hate me for saying this but i say no to this idea. It is a good idea although i dont think it would have a big enough market to make it worth it for the amount of people who would actually buy it and use it, but more importantly EVGA has stretched themselves into so many different product lines that it could easily undue all theyve built over the years. The thing that made them stand out from the crowd was excellent customer service, step up and the gpu/mobo lines.... along with the best group of forum regulars on this side of the internet! Ok, im tooting our horn a little, but really, they need to take care of what they have and make some decisions on what to keep and concentrate on and rid themselves of the other baggage. Lets not add more to a already ballooned catalog. Thats the kinda stuff that can sink even the best companies.
    post edited by wmmills - 2020/01/18 00:43:29

MOBO: EVGA x299 Dark, CPU: I9 10900X, RAM: Patriot Viper RGB 3600 32gb, SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, M2: Samsung 970 EVO+ 1TB, PSU: CoolerMaster M2 1500, CPU HSF: EVGA 240 CLC HSF~ P/P EK Furious Vardar, G-CARD:EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming w/Hybrid kit and Noctua IPPC 3000 P/P, CASE: LIAN-LI PC-V2010B w/ Window mod, OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, MON: Alienware AW3821DW

New EVGA product? Register it NOW with this link:
    http://www.evga.com/register/default.asp?affiliatecode=4QFQRAMOII
     Help Our Vets From K-2!
    [link=https://strongholdfreedom
    Cordorb
    SSC Member
    Re: EVGA eGPU? 2020/01/20 17:06:22 (permalink)
    I would even take a ( software/Bios ) change to make using the  Thunderbolt port and  my old EVGA  Z270 classified K system to function as a eGPU system

FR3D1
    Superclocked Member
    Re: EVGA eGPU? 2020/01/22 00:45:33 (permalink)
    What brought me to eVGA was their VGA graphics card what kept me with them is their service. While I agree with you about expanding to another completely new market, you can say like RAM is not a good idea but if you have a look at the current eGPU market some of the company that make the enclosure is also making GPUs so they can sell them together. Since EVGA is not new to the GPUs and PSUs market the only thing I see missing now is the eGPU. Say if I wanted to get an EVGA GPU to use as an eGPU the problem is it might not fit/work well with some other enclosure that is out there on the market so I'm more likely to pick their competitor for peace of mind and so there goes a potential customer. But I guess we can wait till the market gets bigger and see how the company respond.

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile