EVGA

Evga SC15 laptop black screen

Author
JoleExtra
  • Total Posts : 23
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/01/14 04:41:02 (permalink)
hey. yesterday I played csgo and updated my nvidia graphic card, screen was flicked to black for seconds every 2 mins I said aight I'll rollback after my game. but then my monitor just went black?? i turned off the PC, restarted my battery, nothing. still black. decided to plug to monitor with hdmi cable, i could finally see everything (on tv), switched windows boot mode from uefi to legacy then from legacy to uefi, monitor on laptop had an image. turned the laptop off then turned it on, it worked. Today I woke up turned it on no screen, plugged to tv, couldn't go into bios said the TV wasn't connected to anything. I could see everything once the windows properly launched though, tried everything. Installed Nvidia Display Firmware the new one bcs apparently it solved some people's problems, did nothing for me. Came back from work, can't even connect to my tv anymore just says the hdmi cable is disconnected. What is going on???
also my laptop monitor was kinda dark bright if u know what i mean had sounds and everything but today it's just black seems likes it's turned off but there's still sounds.
please help me guys.

15 Replies Related Threads

ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 21171
    • Ribbons : 270
    Re: Evga SC15 laptop black screen 2020/01/14 05:06:05 (permalink)
    Since the problem coincided with you updating the display driver, I suggest that next time you get it working, you roll back your display driver (like you said you were going to do, but apparently didn't do [since you mentioned doing everything other than that]).

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
    My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

JoleExtra
    Re: Evga SC15 laptop black screen 2020/01/14 05:06:49 (permalink)
    how do i get it working though?
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30983
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Evga SC15 laptop black screen 2020/01/14 05:39:43 (permalink)
    Boot into Safe mode & run ddu

Are you still on 1803 version of Win 10 ?  then look at this https://forums.evga.com/FindPost/2842315

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

JoleExtra
    Re: Evga SC15 laptop black screen 2020/01/14 05:46:10 (permalink)
    Cool GTX

Are you still on 1803 version of Win 10 ?  then look at this

I can't boot into safe mode. My screen is black.. on laptop and monitor.
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Evga SC15 laptop black screen 2020/01/14 05:51:17 (permalink)
    Moving to the Laptop section All Other EVGA Products

Home » All Forums » [Other EVGA Products] » All Other EVGA Products

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Evga SC15 laptop black screen 2020/01/14 05:55:47 (permalink)

JoleExtra
    Cool GTX

Unplug Any external device that is connected to the laptop - is the first thing to try (mouse, KB, drives, printers, hubs ... )

How to fix black screen problems on Windows 10

(excerpts)

In many cases, you may see a black screen as a result of Windows 10 losing its connection with the display. You can use the Windows key + Ctrl + Shift + B keyboard shortcut, which restarts the video driver and refreshes the connection with the monitor.

Alternatively, assuming that Windows 10 is responsive, you can use the Windows key + P keyboard shortcut to bring up the "Project" menu, then hit the P key, and hit the Enter key to switch between the different display modes to see if the black screen disappears. Repeat the steps four times to allow cycling through all the possible settings.

How to fix black screen using safe mode on Windows 10

(excerpts)
    Alternatively, you can use a USB installation media to get to the Advanced startup settings environment using these steps:
    Start your computer using a USB installation media.

Disabling Fast Startup

Sometimes a black screen will appear because the fast startup feature is enabled on your computer.

... if All this fails ----> Might have to Nuke the CMOS

EVGA laptop SC15 CMOS reset

The Brightness is At Max ? ... had to ask

JoleExtra
    Re: Evga SC15 laptop black screen 2020/01/14 06:17:41 (permalink)
    Cool GTX

JoleExtra
    Cool GTX

Unplug Any external device that is connected to the laptop - is the first thing to try (mouse, KB, drives, printers, hubs ... )

(excerpts)

In many cases, you may see a black screen as a result of Windows 10 losing its connection with the display. You can use the Windows key + Ctrl + Shift + B keyboard shortcut, which restarts the video driver and refreshes the connection with the monitor.

Alternatively, assuming that Windows 10 is responsive, you can use the Windows key + P keyboard shortcut to bring up the "Project" menu, then hit the P key, and hit the Enter key to switch between the different display modes to see if the black screen disappears. Repeat the steps four times to allow cycling through all the possible settings.

(excerpts)
    Alternatively, you can use a USB installation media to get to the Advanced startup settings environment using these steps:
    Start your computer using a .

Disabling Fast Startup

Sometimes a black screen will appear because the fast startup feature is enabled on your computer.

yes the brightness is at max haha. if i do nuke CMOS could anything get even worse for the laptop?
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Evga SC15 laptop black screen 2020/01/14 06:55:26 (permalink)
    Those links have detailed steps ... I'd try them first ... boot from USB & repair & all that ... or even reinstall Windows .....

Reset CMOS:  You would loose the settings for your HD .... "everything would go to factory default" ..... do you have your settings recorded

If your drive is backed up you should be OK ... not sure if you have security settings that could cause an issue encryption ....

Resetting the CMOS will Only help if something is Corrupted or Set Wrong in BIOS

If you have a hardware failure ... it will not help

Is the laptop under warranty ?

JoleExtra
    Re: Evga SC15 laptop black screen 2020/01/14 06:57:31 (permalink)
    Cool GTX
    Those links have detailed steps ... I'd try them first ... boot from USB & repair & all that

Reset CMOS:  You would loose the settings for your HD .... "everything would go to default" ..... do you have your settings recorded

If your drive is backed up you should be OK ... not sure if you have security settings that could cause an issue encryption ....

Resetting the CMOS will Only help if something is Corrupted or Set Wrong in BIOS

If you have a hardware failure ... it will not help

Is the laptop under warranty ?
    yessir, 2 years as I stated had it for 8 months only, I won't "nuke" CMOS, I'll try repairing it with what you said. If that doesn't work I'll contact support, Ill update you, thanks for your help
    JoleExtra
    Re: Evga SC15 laptop black screen 2020/01/14 08:42:22 (permalink)
    Cool GTX

JoleExtra
    Cool GTX

(excerpts)

(excerpts)
    Start your computer using a .

Disabling Fast Startup

nothing worked, not even the CMOS nuke
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Evga SC15 laptop black screen 2020/01/14 08:58:34 (permalink)
    looks like RMA time

unless someone else has an Idea ...

JoleExtra
    Re: Evga SC15 laptop black screen 2020/01/14 08:59:29 (permalink)
    Cool GTX
    RMA time

the last thing I wanted, always try to fix everything :((
    how much does RMA usually take?
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Evga SC15 laptop black screen 2020/01/14 09:01:26 (permalink)
    Time to have that discussion with EVGA CS ... maybe they have another idea / Solution

Contact Customer Service

I'm a volunteer Moderator ... not an EVGA Employee

Go to your registration / product page & start a Ticket .... reference this thread

https://www.evga.com/community/myProducts.asp

then view details box at bottom of item
     then Support Tickets

JoleExtra
    Re: Evga SC15 laptop black screen 2020/01/16 05:06:40 (permalink)
    Cool GTX
    Time to have that discussion with EVGA CS ... maybe they have another idea / Solution

Go to your registration / product page & start a Ticket .... reference this thread

then Support Tickets

do you know if I should send my power adapter or just my laptop? RMA got approved
    ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 21171
    • Ribbons : 270
    Re: Evga SC15 laptop black screen 2020/01/16 09:25:10 (permalink)
    JoleExtra
    Cool GTX

then Support Tickets

do you know if I should send my power adapter or just my laptop? RMA got approved

https://forums.evga.com/FindPost/3024042/

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
    My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile