Intel readying a 5 GHZ 22-core Core i9-10990XE for LGA 2066 platform [Rumour]

Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Author
veganfanatic
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2119
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Intel readying a 5 GHZ 22-core Core i9-10990XE for LGA 2066 platform [Rumour] 2020/01/17 10:59:45 (permalink)
RainStryke
veganfanatic
Since I grabbed some new RAM, G.Skill DDR4-3200 my rig is now running way better. My CPU tops out at DDR4-2933 which is documented; newer processors can reach 3200.

My CPU has been able to reach close 4 GHz in some games but my RX 480 does most of the heavy lifting. The boost on my RX 480 works really well.

That's just the memory controller's native frequency. You can run RAM much faster than that. The best deal for XMP RAM is the 3600MHz stuff right now.. My i7 9700K is rated for 2666MHz but I got it to 4533MHz.

I figure the native frequency is best as other timings may not be as efficient

Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition + Corsair AX1600i PSU
My desktop uses the ThinkVision 31.5 inch P32p-20 Monitor.
My sound system is the Edifier B1700BT
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 30975
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: Intel readying a 5 GHZ 22-core Core i9-10990XE for LGA 2066 platform [Rumour] 2020/01/17 11:11:09 (permalink)
veganfanatic
RainStryke
veganfanatic
Since I grabbed some new RAM, G.Skill DDR4-3200 my rig is now running way better. My CPU tops out at DDR4-2933 which is documented; newer processors can reach 3200.

My CPU has been able to reach close 4 GHz in some games but my RX 480 does most of the heavy lifting. The boost on my RX 480 works really well.

That's just the memory controller's native frequency. You can run RAM much faster than that. The best deal for XMP RAM is the 3600MHz stuff right now.. My i7 9700K is rated for 2666MHz but I got it to 4533MHz.

I figure the native frequency is best as other timings may not be as efficient

Above Native freq. is Not Guaranteed & Voids Intels Warranty ... get the OC insurance "Tuningplan" to protect your investment

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10323
  • Ribbons : 48
Re: Intel readying a 5 GHZ 22-core Core i9-10990XE for LGA 2066 platform [Rumour] 2020/01/18 01:05:06 (permalink)
ty_ger07
Gamers Nexus is one of the most fair and impartial computer review media organizations at the moment. If they have it out for Intel, I respect that they must have a reason. As discussed in one of their recent videos, when they are invited to conventions and product unveilings they are the minority of the media outlets which refuse to accept funding for travel, accommodation, entertainment, or meals for fear that it will affect their judgement. They try very hard to be impartial and try very hard to avoid corruption.

This conversation starts at 8:56 in the following video:

I knew that and respect him for that.  That's why he's one of the few I'd go to to get more info on new hardware.

There are others that still spew marketing nonesense all for click bait.

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
vegajf51
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 561
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Intel readying a 5 GHZ 22-core Core i9-10990XE for LGA 2066 platform [Rumour] 2020/01/18 04:24:36 (permalink)
kevinc313
atfrico
So care to explain why Intel is the top of the list for being the worst buy in 2019.Since y' all think lake x is so precious. Intel and Nvidia programming are making their fanboys be more ignorant🤣🤣

Because Gamers Nexus is on a campaign against Intel for whatever reason.

Ryzen gen 3 wan't even available until mid year and then for months after it had all sorts of bugs.

You are just being bias.

Gamers Nexus is very fair, he was very very hard on first gen Ryzen. Also he was so mad after the original Threadripper launch he told AMD to no longer send him samples(AMD let linus release review before embargo date which pissed him off).
He is also one of the hardest on AMD GPU's. I feel he is very very fair and just calls it how he sees it. Heck even in his gaming benchmarks he has the 9900KS at 5.2 Ghz, giving Intel every advantage which I feel again is fair as Intel does overclock well in general.

He also complained about AMD 3rd gen boost clocks, which rarely hit their advertised speeds... saying if Intel released a processor that boosted like this the media would be up in arms complaining, yet AMD gets a pass as they are the underdog.... Once again calling how he see's it.

I will admit he can rant a bit to much and is by no means perfect but I feel he is always honest.
NazcaC2
EGC Admin
  • Total Posts : 7420
  • Ribbons : 38
Re: Intel readying a 5 GHZ 22-core Core i9-10990XE for LGA 2066 platform [Rumour] 2020/01/18 23:53:08 (permalink)
atfrico
NazcaC2
I can't take you seriously whatsoever. Their experience and my experience/education/reputation has no correlation. You're full of yourself and a troll and that speaks volumes. You have no credibility and you can deviate subjects all you want to focus on something else. You're just another person on the Internet who thinks they know everything, lol.

Why do you think I don't mention other brands wise guy? Fact: I don't run into nearly enough problems with other brands clearly. "See where I'm getting?" What?! Are you done? 👍

You called yourself a tech, barely show the class, the etiquette and ethics of a tech. You are just a wanna be paper tech, self deluded like many here who think because you buy and own the best you are the best in reality you are the opposite, junior.

The funny thing is you are a Tech and dont know even half of whats out there. I dont focus much in being a tech, yet, i know more than your do, figures....lol. Your maturity level show in the paragraph you just wrote, when facing the truth, you start calling names to make you feel better of yourself. Your credibility is of a name caller, and a whinny little boy who does not act much of a man when taking criticism well. 
My credibility is based of who i am in real life 24/7. I am not a 2 face troll like you. I can have conversations with anyone here, what i have said it has come on point so far those who talk to me can say that. 
why dont you search worst GPUs and CPUs to buy in 2019? Tell me who is on Top of that list? See where this is going? 
You have to repeat what i write? you have no self identity whatsoever, yet you call me a troll...lol.  

Pathetic. Up to your belligerence and belittling like always. Expect to be challenged when you always act like an asshat on these forums, even pre-EGC. You know nothing about what I know but seem to think you can run the show around here and mock people with your half-ass jokes and smileys - borderline attacks and just enough smileys to make it seem safe. Insulting others shows your insecurities quite clear. It makes you feel like a big proud person and think you're brilliant. You're the kind of person who badmouths everyone who disagrees with you, even when they have the experience. My reputation in real life would make you cower away in fear. I don't have to prove that to you because I've been doing this for at least twenty-five years. So, take your "paper tech" vocabulary, make like a tree and disappear. Your credibility can't be taken seriously because the type B person that you are - negative and just a plain bully. I win every time against that kind of scum. You're just a person sitting behind a computer spewing garbage trying to make yourself seem smart - epic fail. You say I take criticism badly while you criticize everyone that doesn't see eye to eye with you. You feed on getting a reaction. And, you just scored yourself this one reply. Go back to your hole and wish that you knew even a fraction of what I know.

I'm done here taking your garbage, Atfrico. Reply or not, I don't care. You're not going to get another response from me feeding your drive to get a reaction.

Mods, delete or do whatever you want with this post. I'm done caring about childish and insulting responses.

Intel i9-12900K
ASUS Prime Z690-A
Corsair 850W RM850x
Windows 11 Professional
Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 A-RGB
Corsair Dominator 32GB DDR5 5200MHz
EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 ULTRA GAMING
4x Samsung 2TB 980 Pro SSD + 1x ADATA 512GB SU800
Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB SIGNATURE SERIES Mid-Tower - Neon Night
Xavier Zepherious
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6746
  • Ribbons : 16
Re: Intel readying a 5 GHZ 22-core Core i9-10990XE for LGA 2066 platform [Rumour] 2020/01/19 15:13:09 (permalink)
atfrico
Intel is not a small company. They have enough mulla resources to compete, here we are a new decade and still milking the 14mm for another year making 8 years with the same mm CPU. Same practice goes with Nvidia and none who own their products complaint seeing a small company like AMD moving forward.
Dont you Intel owners feel cheated paying for a CPU that is a refresh after refresh for 7 years at a higher price? All the change you see is cache increase instead of seeing more cores?

don't put Nvidia in same boat as INTEL 

Nvidia will not be milking 14nm anymore - they might milk you on price but hey you get to do that when you are #1
Nvidia has not been on 14nm for 7 or 8 years like Intel either

and Nvidia far be it has been more innovating than both AMD and Intel...they are the leader and they lead not like Intel recently
however Intel will solve that with Foveros and it's multichip/multilayered design in the future ..

AMD has a break now to pay some bills and start investing in R&D

Primes found     Affiliate Code:YN2AHK39LH

GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10323
  • Ribbons : 48
Re: Intel readying a 5 GHZ 22-core Core i9-10990XE for LGA 2066 platform [Rumour] 2020/01/19 22:37:40 (permalink)
Xavier Zepherious

however Intel will solve that with Foveros and it's multichip/multilayered design in the future ..

That's awesome as I had no idea.  Btw, 'Foveros' in greek means fearful. 

I wouldn't mind seeing a limited edition 'Spartan' chip once they get the ball rolling. lol

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
sparetimepc
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2413
  • Ribbons : 27
Re: Intel readying a 5 GHZ 22-core Core i9-10990XE for LGA 2066 platform [Rumour] 2020/03/07 05:23:10 (permalink)
Kinda makes ya wonder why they would show a release date for the i9-10990XE when they can't even come close to fulfilling the 10980XE. 
https://www.techpowerup.com/cpu-specs/?generation=Intel+Core+i9+Extreme&sort=generation

Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile