EVGA

EVGA Europe very rude and quite bad customer service

Author
JohnSim
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/01/03 05:39:14 (permalink)
So long story short – I’ve been dealing with such a rude customer service representative (supervisor of the representative) for my RMA in UK.

The story began at Dec-12, 2019 when I first time contacted EVGA tech support with my graphics card (rtx 2070 super) which was broken and not responsive (black screen). The tech support guy was very friendly and we initiated the RMA process. The first extremely strange thing that I noticed they asked me to send the products to them and pay for the shipping even though it is their manufactured product that had a failure after using it for few months only. Anyway I didn’t have a lot of time to argue about that as the GPU is crucial part for my work that I am doing so I just sent it straight away, paid 15 pounds from my pocket to send it from UK to Germany, but whatever, just deal with it.

So they received the parcel which seemed to be stolen in transit as they found some royal mail books inside the parcel and different weights at the initial shipment from post office (around 1.4kg) and what they received (around 1kg). they sent me some pictures that the box was filled with some royal mail books. Yes it seems that this stuff happens, I was quite shocked at the time, they advised me to contact royal mail. I did and guess what? They said it will take 3months to resolve this issue, so now I have to deal with of being without my PC that is used for work, video and photo editing. I’ve called EVGA once again to ask how can we deal with it and if there is any other ways to resolve this, as in the first place it was their product that got broken and they made me pay for the shipping and of course I didn’t buy any additional insurance for the graphics card as it was broken. So I was speaking with the customer service representative trying to find a way to resolve this and asked to speak with his supervisor in this case. When we started speaking it seemed that he didn’t even listened to me, he kept interrupting me while I was speaking, started laughing at some point when I said that the card was broken in the first place even before sending it. He was extremely rude when I was trying to explain that I don’t have any other pc now to work with, When I tried to ask what should I do in this case, as it makes no sense for me to wait 3 months to get any answer from royal mail or to buy a new card that I paid 520 pounds that got broken after using it for 3 months, he said yes wait 3 months or get a new card.

Yeah, anyway, long story short I just lost like 520 GBP. And got laughed all over me via the EVGA customer service. Now when I read some information about EVGA europe it seems that it wasn't the only me who had to deal with rude customer service, found some quite bad reviews about EVGA europe online.

10 Replies Related Threads

ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 21171
    • Ribbons : 270
    Re: EVGA Europe very rude and quite bad customer service 2020/01/03 06:51:22 (permalink)
    I don't mean to be rude, but it sounds to me like you should buy a different video card or wait three months. Those are your options. When EVGA receives a package of books instead of a video card, I don't know what you expect them to do. Give you a free video card and hope that you keep your end of the bargain and keep harassing the mail carrier until you give EVGA what they need? That's no way to run a business. Sorry for your misfortune.

It makes much more sense for you to buy some rather inexpensive video card which will get you by in the interim, resolve your issue with royal mail (which EVGA doesn't have the authorization to do), and then once everything is resolved, decide what you are going to do with the extra video card.

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
    My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

JohnSim
    Re: EVGA Europe very rude and quite bad customer service 2020/01/03 07:10:22 (permalink)
    ty_ger07
    I don't mean to be rude, but it sounds to me like you should buy a different video card or wait three months. Those are your options. When EVGA receives a package of books instead of a video card, I don't know what you expect them to do. Give you a free video card and hope that you keep your end of the bargain and keep harassing the mail carrier until you give EVGA what they need? That's no way to run a business. Sorry for your misfortune.

It makes much more sense for you to buy some rather inexpensive video card which will get you by in the interim, resolve your issue with royal mail (which EVGA doesn't have the authorization to do), and then once everything is resolved, decide what you are going to do with the extra video card.

I am doing quite heavy video and photo editing so a weak card is not a solution for me, but I suppose that's how I will have to live for next few months. What I am complaining the most was how the guy dealt with the situation. Why do you have to laugh and interrupt me while I am speaking, this is not how the customer service should work in the first place. 
    The card was broken in the first place anyway, after just a few months of use. Anyway they would’ve needed to replace it for me.
    Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10102
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: EVGA Europe very rude and quite bad customer service 2020/01/03 08:28:14 (permalink)
    I would always recommend insuring a package for the value of the RMA replacement. A broken product within warranty can be traded with EVGA for a working card so I would have insured it for the cost of the working card.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102291
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: EVGA Europe very rude and quite bad customer service 2020/01/03 10:19:45 (permalink)
    Regardless of the company I deal with concerning RMA I always put a label on a a paper card in the box saying faulty/burned even if it isn't, as that usually deters theft. Secondly I tape the entire box and take a picture of the contents before closing the box for shipment. When I ship any item I prefer to use a courier such as DHL, UPS, Fedex, etc. Insured of course. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30996
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: EVGA Europe very rude and quite bad customer service 2020/01/04 09:51:11 (permalink)
    Dang - So, either the Royal Mail or Customs "lost your GPU" ?

I always buy Full Replacement insurance when shipping Anything

As stated in the EVGA Warranty Terms ... the customer pays for shipping the item to EVGA

I can understand your upset.

There really is No reason to expect EVGA to "Do Something" for a Item that was Never delivered to them

Your Issue is with your shipping company which you chose

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

JohnSim
    Re: EVGA Europe very rude and quite bad customer service 2020/01/06 01:27:59 (permalink)
    Thank you for replies everyone. Anyway it is strange, after getting a bit deeper into this case I checked the instructions that EVGA sent me and they didn't provide any information that they are not responsible for loss when shipping. The even stranger thing was that I found completely different instructions on EVGA website itself for RMA. It states that I should be getting insurance as well as that EVGA is not responsible for loss of goods when shipping. Also why at EVGA website it states that if I am living in UK I can send the parcel to their UK RMA instead of Germany? Why did they pushed me to send it to Germany in the first place paying a lot more for the shipment, etc. Some things are just quite strange in this case.
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: EVGA Europe very rude and quite bad customer service 2020/01/06 04:39:03 (permalink)
    No company is going to take responsibility for a product lost by a shipper. Insurance covers that loss, which is why insurance is required on shipments. Not having insurance to cover the entire cost of the package is always extremely risky.

Just imagine that you received a package with books in it instead of an electronic device.. you are being told they sent you an electronic, but you received books instead. At that point, the company would file an insurance claim with the shipper, and send you a replacement product. They would not simply shrug off the loss, because they are losing money as well.

The shipper would also start an investigation, because they need to find out how the product ended up being stolen/replaced. Since people in this world are often not good people, the shipper needs to know that the product was actually lost during shipping, or if someone thought they could send a box of books in hopes of getting a replacement, since something very similar to that actually happened with amazon. Please know that I am not saying you have done anything like that, but people definitely try to get away with shady things and companies have to protect themselves.

As for shipping locations, you would need to speak to customer service about that.
    aka_STEVE_b
    EGC Admin
    • Total Posts : 17692
    • Ribbons : 69
    Re: EVGA Europe very rude and quite bad customer service 2020/01/06 10:12:07 (permalink)
    not sure what Royal mail policies are for theft/ loss  -->  but I do know they are horrible & slow.

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X  12-core cpu~ ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero ~ EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3~ G.SKILL Trident Z NEO 32GB DDR4-3600 ~ Phanteks Eclipse P400s red case ~ EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G+ PSU ~ Intel 660p M.2 drive~ Crucial MX300 275 GB SSD ~WD 2TB SSD ~CORSAIR H115i RGB Pro XT 280mm cooler ~ CORSAIR Dark Core RGB Pro mouse ~ CORSAIR K68 Mech keyboard ~ HGST 4TB Hd.~ AOC AGON 32" monitor 1440p @ 144Hz ~ Win 10 x64
    EVGATech_DanielM
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 1132
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: EVGA Europe very rude and quite bad customer service 2020/01/08 22:16:48 (permalink)
    We do apologize if the rep you spoke with was rude in any way. Unfortunately, this appears to be a case that needs to be directly resolved with the shipping carrier. We understand you are frustrated and a rep should never laugh when dealing with a customer especially one in a situation such as yourself.
    random_matt
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2040
    Re: EVGA Europe very rude and quite bad customer service 2020/01/09 10:15:36 (permalink)
    RM are terrible, unless it is just some letters. Not sure why you had to send to Germany, I got an UK address for a RMA.

Corsair 5000D Airflow | EVGA 1000 G6 | EVGA X570 FTW | Ryzen 5800X | EVGA 360 CLC | Corsair 4000MHz 32GB|
    Corsair MP600 2TB | EVGA 3080 Ti FTW Hybrid | Alienware AW2721D | Windows 11

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile