EVGA

Precision X1 Software help! 2080 Super Hybrid, fan #2 / curve issues.

Author
Jimmehh
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/12/15 15:20:48 (permalink)
Hey, so I recently purchased an EVGA 2080 super hybrid card! It's been awesome but I'm having some issues with the Precision X1 software and was looking for some help.

First off, when I open the software sometimes it will only show one fan, and other times upon re-opening it, it will show me 2 fans available to see the speeds of / control.

When attempting to set custom curves and applying them, Fan #1 which is the fan on the card itself aligns itself fine with the speeds set depending on temperatures reached.

Fan #2, which I'm not even sure what it is? Will not function properly at all. It stays stuck at "40%" while bouncing between RPM's of 0, 150, 300, upwards of 800.
I've pulled the case apart into view, watched the radiator fan which is connected through the GPU and it does not seem to slow or change speeds at all. Be it 0 RPM or 800 RPM that the software is showing. I've changed the curve to drop it to 0% fan speed at any temps, 100% fan speed at 10 Celsius, etc. It seemingly does not respond at all, so I don't know if the software itself doesn't register well with Hybrids, or I'm missing something entirely. 

Side note : Changing the fans off of auto and to manual and dropping fan #2 to 0% also changes nothing.

Any assistance or thoughts on this would be great! Not sure what Fan #2 is referring to, please help! Would love to control both through curves.

Picture of it only showing one fan.

Fan #2 doing whatever it pleases. 40% Prior to this was at "800rpm" 

Curve I had set to show a comparison of what fan #2 was doing? I don't know if it's helpful at all.

Thanks in advance 

Attached Image(s)

3 Replies Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31001
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Precision X1 Software help! 2080 Super Hybrid, fan #2 / curve issues. 2019/12/16 13:13:41 (permalink)
    Welcome to the EVGA Forums

when the link is whole -- your fans are Locked together

EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 XC HYBRID - Spec Sheet PDF

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Jimmehh
    • Total Posts : 3
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Precision X1 Software help! 2080 Super Hybrid, fan #2 / curve issues. 2019/12/17 19:45:26 (permalink)
    Yeah I understand that... that wasn't / isn't my issue.  Either way you can see it "locked" and spinning at different speeds and percentages. That locks the slider for manual adjustment...
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31001
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Precision X1 Software help! 2080 Super Hybrid, fan #2 / curve issues. 2019/12/18 09:30:27 (permalink)
    To make sure it is Not a software issue, try this:   Issues with X1 operation - you may Need to "Allow an App through Controlled folder access"

What do you see in GPU-Z on the sensor tab ?

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile