EVGA

Reading video in Windows Media Player slows down when swtich to Audio Nu line out

Author
Steve712
  • Total Posts : 11
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/12/15 03:48:31 (permalink)
Hello,
First here my problem: When reading a video on my pc it is very slow. (in different players) and all videos. The videoa works well on an an other pc.
I have searching for an error since one day. I looked essentially around a problem with my video hardware (graphic card, motherboard, speed of my hard disk, PCI slot and so on) but that is not the reason !
By an accident I changed my audio configuration from Audio Nu to Realtek (windows parameters) and the speed of my video come back to normal speed. It is so unbelievable but that what was happening.
So I am without any idea how this can happen. Can anybody give me some advice please ?

Steve712

5 Replies Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30975
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Reading video in Windows Media Player slows down when swtich to Audio Nu line out 2019/12/15 06:46:32 (permalink)
    Steve712

By an accident I changed my audio configuration from Audio Nu to Realtek (windows parameters) and the speed of my video come back to normal speed. It is so unbelievable but that what was happening.

So I am without any idea how this can happen. Can anybody give me some advice please ?

PC Specs & OS Details

Nu drivers up to date ?

What programs are running in the background ?

Device Manager - show any hardware issues ?

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Steve712
    Re: Reading video in Windows Media Player slows down when swtich to Audio Nu line out 2019/12/15 11:58:32 (permalink)
    I bought my card 3 days ago. Yes I have the last driver installed.
    To be sure, I have installed this driver once again now: EVGA NU Audio_0.2.1.2_WIN10

I use Studio One Prime, Adobe Premier Pro, Elgato 4k Capture Utility, iTunes. I use NIVIDIA Quadro graphic card.
    but it is not a problem of CPU load. I did a check the CPU is running less then 5 %
    I have a lot of trouble when changing sound parameters in Windows 10 between the Audio Nu 712 card ond Realtek (normal W10 drivers). Often I have to restart the computer to get running the changes.
    Sometimes iTunes ist blocking too. The music tracks do not start playing at all.
    It seems to be an issue with the control the programs take of the audio device. I have unchecked everywere the "can get exclusiv use" but it not realy make it better.
    So it seems that a confict is upcoming with the W10 sound service. I do not know a lot oft this technical staff I just see the error messages: "an other programm use this device, so if you continue it migth give dysfonctions".

Can I check something else ?

Steve712
    DamonLynch
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 172
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Reading video in Windows Media Player slows down when swtich to Audio Nu line out 2019/12/15 19:21:40 (permalink)
    Have you tried disabling the onboard Realtek audio in the BIOS / UEFI?
    Steve712
    Re: Reading video in Windows Media Player slows down when swtich to Audio Nu line out 2019/12/16 00:19:34 (permalink)
    Hello DamonLynch,
    it seems not to be a problem of Realtek because the Realtek driver works well. It is when I switch to the Audio card, I get this trouble. And another hint. The configuration worked well for 3 days. Although, now it does not crash but only to be very slow as if the stack in the card is "overflowed" or something else is "full of data".
    ok I can try to switch off Realtek on my MB for a moment, but I have one difficulty to manage at the same time.
    I use the microphone Yeti from Blue. It works on USB plug and the audio card do not handle this sound source. So, I need the Realtek audio and W10 audio for running this mic.
    It is much more comfortable if I can switch between EVGA and W10 at any time for my convenience.
    Yes, yes I red the answer of ty_ger07 here in an other post ()
    I want to record with the Yeti. Finally, it is more comfortable to switch between the hardware I use to work with at any moment in spite of the quality of the sound.

Steve712
    ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 21171
    • Ribbons : 270
    Re: Reading video in Windows Media Player slows down when swtich to Audio Nu line out 2019/12/16 05:47:29 (permalink)
    DamonLynch
    Have you tried disabling the onboard Realtek audio in the BIOS / UEFI?

Steve712
    it seems not to be a problem of Realtek because the Realtek driver works well. It is when I switch to the Audio card, I get this trouble.

If you disable the onboard Realtek audio, you will no longer switch, and you will no longer have trouble.

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
    My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile