EVGA

EVGA 980ti Hybrid pump failing

Author
STAYoFROSTY
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/11/14 17:05:19 (permalink)
*Context* I've had my 980ti hybrid since the release, i've already RMA'd it once last year, Now the card is currently working fine, however the last time the pump broke for absolutely no reason. Removed the GPU to clean it and made sure the radiator was higher than the pump at all times.

I am now wondering as i am upgrading my CPU, motherboard and ram, I will have to remove the GPU once again, however i am quite nervious of the same outcome happening again, any advice on what might be casusing the matter?
Before i remove the GPU i boot down my system, turn the power switch on the PSU and the wall outlet, and im removing the power cable. Then i hold my power button for around 10 seconds or so to make sure there isnt any residual power remaining. Then i unscrew the radiator, hold it above the case as i remove the GPU and thats it.

I am working on a wooden table, and it has never been on a static surface.

2 Replies Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30982
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: EVGA 980ti Hybrid pump failing 2019/11/16 06:17:57 (permalink)
    Other than: Using a grounding strap & confirming you Never touch the PCIe fingers (contacts) or electronic components ... your process looks good

Keeping the radiator "above the card while disassembled "  - I do not think there is a reason for that

Upon reassembly & before restarting then having the rad above the card - should help make sure the air in the closed loop is in the radiator & not on the Intake side.

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

lrk322
    • Total Posts : 3
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: EVGA 980ti Hybrid pump failing 2019/12/13 03:52:18 (permalink)
    i've had my evga aio the same time have had noproblems with it just toke it out the other day to clean my hole pc and try to intall the rad on the bottem of case and for the first time  had a bad niose comeing from the pump so i removed it from bottem of case and reinstalled it on back again after 2mins the niose stopped and all has bin well i belev that the water or what ever it is in side is evaprateing or something.EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC with the addon evga aio with back plate kit. on or around 6/2015 or 7/2015 {play a lot of game well over 2500 Hours} ps moveing the aio on and off of your gpu has no ill effect.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile