Sound output stops when starting Studio Artist software

Author
Steve712
  • Total Posts : 11
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/12/07 08:25:20 (permalink)
Hello,
im using the EVGA NU Audio Card since a day. I like to hear good sound, so one kind to use my new audio card is playing music with iTunes in the background.
And then I will record some sound with Studio One prime software (who is made for artiste to create an mix songs). I want to use Studio One for mixing sound of my videos.
But when I start running Studio One the programm get in trouble when trying to load "microphone in" on the sound card. Its saying the following message: "Please check if frequence of both playing and record unit is matching well"
So far ok, but after this error I have no more sound at all. Even iTunes stops to play music. I have to reboot my computer to fix this issu.
But the "audio out" works already well with other sounds. So the music in a browser windows is playing well. Only iTunes do not work anymore even if I close and reopen the programm.
Can you help me to find out how to match this frequency please ?
And for information: I have just plugged in the audio plug on the side of the audio-card to join the front deck of my computer. The microphone is in my headset plugged in to the front deck (mic+earphone by two jack 3,5mm)
Thanks a lot
Steve712

Steve712

2 Replies Related Threads

GGTV-Jon
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1813
    • Ribbons : 19
    Re: Sound output stops when starting Studio Artist software 2019/12/07 09:06:07 (permalink)
    Unplug the front panel connector (it may be an issue with the case cable or front panel jacks) and plug your headset directly into the back of the card

Also double check what you have the recording sample rate set at - for testing set it at 24 bit 4800, your software should accept that - you would have to do some research to find out what sample rate the software will work with

Steve712
    • Total Posts : 11
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Sound output stops when starting Studio Artist software 2019/12/09 08:20:33 (permalink)
    Hello,
    thank for your help. I did the following:
    1. I plugged the headset directly into the connectors of the card - the micro works well so the sound card is configured rigth to work with microphone input
    2. I have switch back to the audio-plug on my motherboard (usi,g the Realtek driver) - the micro works well when plugged in the front desk
    So I think it will be an hardware issu because the cable to my front panel and my headset are both ok (I use them since a couple of month - before buying the sound card). Maybe the plug on the side of the sound card do not connect the micro well.
    Are there some software option who one can check directly on the sound card ?

Steve712
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile