EVGA

CPUWB not found

Author
EHBEHB
  • Total Posts : 8
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/11/30 03:50:36 (permalink)
I’ve been getting this error ever since I installed the device. I was under the impression that it was a software thing because in Windows 10 (up to date) if I disenable the CCLV USB controller and then reenable the controller it will *always* reconnect it. I mentioned it to someone from EVGA and they thought it could be a dodgy USB connection, but I have
1) tried reseating both ends of the cable
2) switched motherboard USB header
3) tried my own, known good, standard mini-USB cable which I put into the USB 2 port I use for my keyboard and I know works.

It’s either the device or the software. If I ask EVGA again I expect they will RMA it, but bring without a computer it will be annoying for me and I am unconvinced it is hardware related and will be changed by simply installing a new device. What do people think? Should I RMA it or should I wait for a software fix? Is it a windows reinstallation thing? The warranty is nowhere near expiring.

Just to note:
MOBO is an ASUS TUF Gaming x570 Plus
Corsair RM650i PSU has output monitoring and I am nowhere near limit
Power output to the CPU header is always 100% in both BIOS and the ASUS windows utility (AI something)

7 Replies Related Threads

EHBEHB
    Re: CPUWB not found 2019/11/30 05:02:55 (permalink)
    I forgot to mention I’ve tried completely uninstalling the software (with Revo Uninstaller that removes registry and hidden files) and reinstalling the EVGA Software.
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30974
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: CPUWB not found 2019/11/30 06:48:52 (permalink)
    Have you tested with this turned Off ?  [ASUS windows utility (AI something)]

Is Windows 10 Fast Startup OFF ? [when upgrading drivers, firmware or hardware]

Windows Central - How to disable Windows 10 fast startup (and why you'd want to)

How-to Geek The Pros and Cons of Windows 10’s “Fast Startup” Mode

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

EHBEHB
    Re: CPUWB not found 2019/11/30 07:50:22 (permalink)
    Thanks! I haven’t changed it (I think). I believe the default is ON. I do remember disabling sleep or something. Will look again. There’s also a setting in the advanced section somewhere in the BIOS (I think I saw): do you think that will be a problem in default too?
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30974
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: CPUWB not found 2019/11/30 08:40:57 (permalink)
    It appears to Be ---> a Windows 10 permission issue -Or- a Conflict with other software

Have you check this ? --->  "Ensure that the Visual C++ Runtime Redistributable is installed" <---

FAQ # 59773

1-3 remove Flow Control [ see FAQ for details]

4) Ensure that the Visual C++ Runtime Redistributable is installed from the link here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784
    5) Reinstall Flow Control

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

EHBEHB
    Re: CPUWB not found 2019/11/30 08:53:00 (permalink)
    4 out of 4 starts now without it. Not impossible before, but quite unlikely. I disabled both fast start in windows and in Bios.

I still get asked for permission for flow control to make hardware changes most of the time though, but I just click okay. I already tried changing it to ‘run as administrator’, so an odd permission issue still exists. Other software such as MSI afterburner just runs.

The software for my ASUS Motherboard is even worse. I’m wondering if any of them are any good now.

Even the Corsair iCue software I have that is quite good lists unnamed fan speeds for more fans than I actually have and I can’t figure out what is real.
    bob16314
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8048
    • Ribbons : 761
    Re: CPUWB not found 2019/11/30 09:05:33 (permalink)
    Grab UAC Pass and add any programs .exe or shortcut to it that always bother you with permission..See how that works for ya..Works well for me.

* Corsair Obsidian 450D Mid-Tower - Airflow Edition * ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC) * Intel i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz * 16GB G.SKILL Trident Z 4133MHz * Sabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 SSD * WD Black 500 GB HDD * Seasonic M12 II 750W * Corsair H115i Elite Capellix 280mm * EVGA GTX 760 SC * Win7 Home/Win10 Home * 

"Whatever it takes, as long as it works" - Me

Danno111909
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re: CPUWB not found 2019/12/17 14:40:31 (permalink)
    Hi all,

I have been receiving this message recently and I am not sure why. Had anyone figured out a fix for this yet?
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile