EVGA

Considering legal actions for my RMA

Author
thewan
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/11/20 06:24:39 (permalink)
Hi guys. Here's my situation. I bought an EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G+ around a year and a half ago, and now it's not working properly. My shop that I bought it from does not look like they are willing to help me RMA the product by claiming that the PSU still works when I returned it to them. Meanwhile my country's local distributor seems to totally ignore me trying to contact them.

EVGA has approved my RMA but the cost of shipping the PSU is the same as buying a new 650 G+ PSU. I'd rather buy a new one, although since I lost some confidence in EVGA maybe I'll jump to another competitor instead. I bought this PSU seeing that EVGA was confident to give it a 10 year warranty, but I have been disappointed. I know that EVGA is not at fault and I am not blaming them. My local distributor/shop is to blame, so I am considering legal action against them.

However before I do so, does anyone here have any other advice for me so that I don't go down that path?

10 Replies Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30975
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Considering legal actions for my RMA 2019/11/20 06:53:21 (permalink)
    Welcome to the EVGA Forums

Sorry your PSU needs to be RMA, thank you for placing your thread in the Correct Section

What country / Region of the world are you in ?

I Will - elevate your concern to EVGA - employees   (I'm a volunteer moderator)

This is mostly a User to User support Forum, EVGA does not read Every Post

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Considering legal actions for my RMA 2019/11/20 07:00:43 (permalink)
    OK, I elevated your issue

Why do you think the PSU is faulty ? ---> What PC issues are you having ?

thewan
     My shop that I bought it from does not look like they are willing to help me RMA the product by claiming that the PSU still works when I returned it to them.

How did your local shop test it ? 

Did they provide a written report ?

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

Tech_JoseC
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 383
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: Considering legal actions for my RMA 2019/11/20 09:45:06 (permalink)
    Hello thewan and welcome to the forums.

I'll send you an email so that we can go over a few things. I hope we can figure something out for you.

-Jose C
    thewan
    Re: Considering legal actions for my RMA 2019/11/20 21:27:25 (permalink)
    Cool GTX

What country / Region of the world are you in ?

I am from Malaysia, and my region should be under EVGA Taiwan.

Cool GTX

Why do you think the PSU is faulty ? ---> What PC issues are you having ?

My PC doesn't POST/boot with the EVGA PSU. I tested the PSU on two different systems, my own and my dads system. I have an old PSU that I was using before changing to the EVGA, my system boots and works normally on that old PSU. Both are confirmed working systems but do not boot with the EVGA PSU.

Cool GTX

How did your local shop test it ? 

Did they provide a written report ?

No they didn't. They showed me a video purportedly of my PSU being tested on their own system, running a stress test.

post edited by thewan - 2019/11/20 21:28:35
    aka_STEVE_b
    EGC Admin
    • Total Posts : 17692
    • Ribbons : 69
    Re: Considering legal actions for my RMA 2019/11/21 05:02:21 (permalink)
    Did your unit come with the self power tester ?   

EVGA provides a good walk through on how to test any type of PSU..... -  https://www.evga.com/support/faq/FAQdetails.aspx?faqid=59582

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X  12-core cpu~ ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero ~ EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3~ G.SKILL Trident Z NEO 32GB DDR4-3600 ~ Phanteks Eclipse P400s red case ~ EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G+ PSU ~ Intel 660p M.2 drive~ Crucial MX300 275 GB SSD ~WD 2TB SSD ~CORSAIR H115i RGB Pro XT 280mm cooler ~ CORSAIR Dark Core RGB Pro mouse ~ CORSAIR K68 Mech keyboard ~ HGST 4TB Hd.~ AOC AGON 32" monitor 1440p @ 144Hz ~ Win 10 x64
    thewan
    Re: Considering legal actions for my RMA 2019/11/21 05:18:40 (permalink)
    aka_STEVE_b
    Did your unit come with the self power tester ?   

EVGA provides a good walk through on how to test any type of PSU..... -  

Yes it does. I did try the self power tester when I took out the EVGA PSU from my system. The PSU does turn on and the fan spins.

Let me clarify that my system does turn on with the EVGA PSU, it doesn't boot/POST. The fans spin and the LEDs light up, but it stops there. There's no display and no motherboard single beep, and my motherboard displays the FF error code.

aka_STEVE_b
    EGC Admin
    • Total Posts : 17692
    • Ribbons : 69
    Re: Considering legal actions for my RMA 2019/11/21 06:22:59 (permalink)
    thewan

Yes it does. I did try the self power tester when I took out the EVGA PSU from my system. The PSU does turn on and the fan spins.

Let me clarify that my system does turn on with the EVGA PSU, it doesn't boot/POST. The fans spin and the LEDs light up, but it stops there. There's no display and no motherboard single beep, and my motherboard displays the FF error code.

Well, if the other shop says the unit is fine & your explanation here seems to be ok using the self-tester.... then something else weird is going on .

You really should list all your system specs , so people may be able to help you further & keep working with EVGA at troubleshooting also.

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X  12-core cpu~ ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero ~ EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3~ G.SKILL Trident Z NEO 32GB DDR4-3600 ~ Phanteks Eclipse P400s red case ~ EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G+ PSU ~ Intel 660p M.2 drive~ Crucial MX300 275 GB SSD ~WD 2TB SSD ~CORSAIR H115i RGB Pro XT 280mm cooler ~ CORSAIR Dark Core RGB Pro mouse ~ CORSAIR K68 Mech keyboard ~ HGST 4TB Hd.~ AOC AGON 32" monitor 1440p @ 144Hz ~ Win 10 x64
    wmmills
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5679
    • Ribbons : 40
    Re: Considering legal actions for my RMA 2019/11/21 06:25:07 (permalink)
    Ok, we need to know what system this is , make and model if it was bought prebuilt, or what components are in it if you built it yourself. What mobo, ram, cpu, etc.... and did you manually setup the bios or isit just default/auto everything? Are you using a UPS system with your PC?

MOBO: EVGA x299 Dark, CPU: I9 10900X, RAM: Patriot Viper RGB 3600 32gb, SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, M2: Samsung 970 EVO+ 1TB, PSU: CoolerMaster M2 1500, CPU HSF: EVGA 240 CLC HSF~ P/P EK Furious Vardar, G-CARD:EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming w/Hybrid kit and Noctua IPPC 3000 P/P, CASE: LIAN-LI PC-V2010B w/ Window mod, OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, MON: Alienware AW3821DW

New EVGA product? Register it NOW with this link:
    http://www.evga.com/register/default.asp?affiliatecode=4QFQRAMOII
     Help Our Vets From K-2!
    [link=https://strongholdfreedom
    EVGATech_DanielM
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 1132
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: Considering legal actions for my RMA 2019/11/21 19:59:24 (permalink)
    Information about the rest of your system as the following would help

Motherboard - 
    CPU - 
    GPU - 
    Memory - 
    SATA/NVME Drive(s) - 

Any other information that you have would be beneficial
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Considering legal actions for my RMA 2019/11/21 20:50:05 (permalink)
    Sounds like the CPU is Not getting power "EPS/CPU" power cable(s) 

---> Check it is fully installed & locked On both ends - could be getting tight in the socket - before fully installed.  Also double check the  MB 24-pin connection

ASk your local shop if they have a spare cable "For that specific PSU"  ---> NEVER use cables the Did Not Come with the PSU --> Unless you Confirm they are compatible.   [ Modular Cables are Custom wired on the PSU end for THAT specific PSU]

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile