Helpful ReplyRMA concerns

Author
BURN_BaD
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 174
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/11/18 01:01:54 (permalink)
I just submitted an RMA for a GTX 1080 Ti Black Edition that I got off ebay back in August. Packaging is intact, and I've uploaded the invoice that I got for the purchase. How long does approval usually take? If RMA is approved, will I be getting a brand new replacement for sure? I've heard horror stories of people either getting back their original cards but horribly repaired, or getting a bad refurb as a replacement. This is EVGA Asia by the way, which I heard their customer service is nowhere near that of EVGA US.
post edited by BURN_BaD - 2019/11/18 01:07:35
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 30975
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: RMA concerns 2019/11/18 09:19:04 (permalink)
BURN_BaD
I just submitted an RMA for a GTX 1080 Ti Black Edition that I got off ebay back in August. Packaging is intact, and I've uploaded the invoice that I got for the purchase. How long does approval usually take? If RMA is approved, will I be getting a brand new replacement for sure? I've heard horror stories of people either getting back their original cards but horribly repaired, or getting a bad refurb as a replacement. This is EVGA Asia by the way, which I heard their customer service is nowhere near that of EVGA US.

RMA is Not a new card Unless purchased New from Authorised in Last 30 days

- see the Terms  EVGA Warranty

(excerpts)

Products sent in for RMA will be repaired and returned or replaced with a thoroughly tested recertified product of equal or greater performance.

• All products returned to Original Purchasers or Second-Hand Purchasers from EVGA's RMA department are thoroughly tested recertified products. Replacement parts and/or Products may include new or refurbished parts or Products and are warranted only until the expiration of the original warranty period. Replacement parts and/or Products will meet the standard of performance and reliability of a new Product or part of the same model, however, such Products and/or parts may have small scratches, small dents, other cosmetic defects, or noticeable use.
  • If an RMA is necessary within 30 days of the original purchase date of a new in box Product, a new in box OEM replacement will be sent to the Original Purchaser in return, subject to availability.

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: RMA concerns 2019/11/18 13:30:25 (permalink)
If it is a second hand product purchased from EBay, it will probably never receive a new card as the replacement no matter which region.

If the purchase was directly from EVGA’s own EBay store, things would be handled differently, but you would still be outside of the original 30 day purchase window.

As for the link above, the amount of time warranties take, and how they are handled, review the EVGA warranty page specific to your region. Due to customs and shipping, there is no way to give a guarantee of how long the process will take overall. Hopefully it is quick, but if customs get involved, it can cause delays. There is nothing EVGA can do if customs decides to take their time, so hopefully that doesn’t happen.
post edited by the_Scarlet_one - 2019/11/18 13:31:55
Tech_JoseC
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 383
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: RMA concerns 2019/11/20 15:10:48 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby BURN_BaD 2019/11/20 15:31:59
Hello BURN_BaD,

I will send you an email shortly with details regarding your RMA and I hope it does help ease your concerns. If you are within 30 days of purchase of an authorized reseller, the replacement will be new. Outside of that the replacement will be refurbished.

-Jose C.
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile