it is finally official im done with evga

Author
lordraptor1
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3682
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 7
2019/11/15 16:45:54 (permalink)
i know the title is click bait ish, however it is true I finally after 9 years retired my old x58 rig after building myself a lower end side threadripper rig although the x58 classy 3 mobo is still working the psu and storage drives were salvaged for the room mates pc so it isn't up and running anymore.  with that having been said, I will NEVER purchase or recommend evga ever again and I will advise everyone to make a backup of your registered product page ( screen shot) because evga is BAD about changing purchase dates, and locations, in my case they had sent me gtx 560tis for some lifetime warranty cards I sent in only for evga to register them as being bought from micro center and another comper store, funny thing is I have only ever used microcenter once and it was to buy a Q6600 cpu back in the day.

anyway long story short evga is NOT reputable, current quality of products being put out by evga tends to be expect failure right after warranty period expires if they don't manipulate registration to end your warranty sooner.

a free bit of advice for anyone reading this before you EVER call evga do basic troubleshooting breadboard etc.  because the first tech you get will be in a hurry to get you off the phone ( they have a max of 10 minutes to assist and tehn they will just tell you to reseat, breadboard, etc).

so i would like to say been fun but sadly it hasn't, evga lost all my respect when they hosed me on my videocards and no matter whom I talked to they refused to fix the problem they created in the first place.

lastly I really don't see a need to submit an rma on my old x58 because 1 it is still in working order and 2 it is not like they will replace it with an X299 or Z390 anyway ( x58 was HEDT so closest to it im my opinion is X299 but that is just my opinion).

anyway good bye rainstryke, and the rest of you guys your friendship over the years has meant a lot to me however im afraid my disgust and disappointment for evga just makes it impossible to come on the forum regularly and make a post without me bringing up the issue I had or me bashing the company ( which i can do that on any forum without fear of posts getting deleted by mods and admin looking to hide truth, facts, and genuine customer complaints and concerns.

so good bye all, hope you to will one day realise the company just isn't what it once was.

i am offended by your sig so you need to remove it. 

5 Replies Related Threads

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: it is finally official im done with evga 2019/11/15 17:24:44 (permalink)
    "I don't see the point of submitting an RMA for a working motherboard"..  so, you consider submitting an RMA for a working motherboard.. and you admit it is working publicly... so you admit you would be wasting your time and money for shipping a working product to a motherboard manufacturer in hopes you get something better..  In that case, why would they RMA a working board and not ship the working product right back to you?  You have already shown that the RMA is unnecessary.

No one is removing or deleting your posts. As a matter of fact, the ONLY thing you have posted in the last 7 months is how you aren't coming back and how EVGA changed your product information, although that has already been shown that the product you received from the RMA does indeed still carry a lifetime warranty.  https://forums.evga.com/FindPost/2944903

Take care and we will see you soon.

lordraptor1
    i know the title is click bait ish, however it is true I finally after 9 years retired my old x58 rig after building myself a lower end side threadripper rig although the x58 classy 3 mobo is still working the psu and storage drives were salvaged for the room mates pc so it isn't up and running anymore.  with that having been said, I will NEVER purchase or recommend evga ever again and I will advise everyone to make a backup of your registered product page ( screen shot) because evga is BAD about changing purchase dates, and locations, in my case they had sent me gtx 560tis for some lifetime warranty cards I sent in only for evga to register them as being bought from micro center and another comper store, funny thing is I have only ever used microcenter once and it was to buy a Q6600 cpu back in the day.

anyway long story short evga is NOT reputable, current quality of products being put out by evga tends to be expect failure right after warranty period expires if they don't manipulate registration to end your warranty sooner.

a free bit of advice for anyone reading this before you EVER call evga do basic troubleshooting breadboard etc.  because the first tech you get will be in a hurry to get you off the phone ( they have a max of 10 minutes to assist and tehn they will just tell you to reseat, breadboard, etc).

so i would like to say been fun but sadly it hasn't, evga lost all my respect when they hosed me on my videocards and no matter whom I talked to they refused to fix the problem they created in the first place.

lastly I really don't see a need to submit an rma on my old x58 because 1 it is still in working order and 2 it is not like they will replace it with an X299 or Z390 anyway ( x58 was HEDT so closest to it im my opinion is X299 but that is just my opinion).

anyway good bye rainstryke, and the rest of you guys your friendship over the years has meant a lot to me however im afraid my disgust and disappointment for evga just makes it impossible to come on the forum regularly and make a post without me bringing up the issue I had or me bashing the company ( which i can do that on any forum without fear of posts getting deleted by mods and admin looking to hide truth, facts, and genuine customer complaints and concerns.

so good bye all, hope you to will one day realise the company just isn't what it once was.

Chaos_21
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4524
    • Ribbons : 10
    Re: it is finally official im done with evga 2019/11/15 17:43:15 (permalink)
    I don't get it....just sounds like you built a low end threadripper rig and are unhappy. 

ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-Intel Core i9-12900K- EVGA 360 CLC Cooler-Corsair Vengeance 4 x 16GB 3200mhz-2TB  Solidigm P41 Plus M.2 SSD--Three 1TB 970 EVO SSD's-EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 XC3 ULTRA-Corsair HX1000i-Windows 11 64bit-Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB Case.      
     Steam     Twitter: https://twitter.com/Chaos_21
     Use my associate code: JBGVM12HDYDJPIM to get 5%-10% discount on EVGA purchases.

Brad_Hawthorne
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 23174
    • Ribbons : 39
    Re: it is finally official im done with evga 2019/11/15 19:04:12 (permalink)
    Not sure I understand the motivation for the post. You make mention of magical information changes on your product registrations and then talk about RMA on an X58 mobo that isn't even broken. Not understanding the storyline you're putting forth here or even why? Sounds like you're just frustrated that EVGA doesn't do AMD mobos. I can understand that, but I can't understand the other very random rambling you did as to why you're having a public meltdown on the forums over it.
    Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    • Total Posts : 18916
    • Ribbons : 58
    Re: it is finally official im done with evga 2019/11/15 20:45:12 (permalink)

So more than 6 years ago you RMA a couple of ancient GTX 9800 cards and EVGA gave you a generous upgrade to a couple of GTX 560 Ti's as replacements, and you come back now years later and demand those GTX 560 Ti's also be replaced? Seriously? and then start ranting about doing an RMA on a X58 motherboard even though it has no problems, but you want a new motherboard like a Z390 or X299 for free? wow...  I would think this was a joke thread, but I know from your previous thread that you're actually serious.

Couple of points to note:
    • Lifetime warranty by definition means the reasonable life expectancy of the product, not until the end of the universe as we know it.  
    • A working EVGA GTX 560 Ti can be found on EBay for as little as $10.
    • I don't know what your hourly rate is where you work, but the 'weeks' of time that you wasted fuming about this probably could have purchased 100 replacement cards. Was it worth it?
    • The X58 Classified 3 will never die. You will be stuck with EVGA FOREVER!!! muahahaha...
    • Good luck get ANY service when something goes wrong with your threadripper.
    • Last but not least:

post edited by Nereus - 2019/11/15 22:10:36

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

GTXJackBauer
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10323
    • Ribbons : 48
    Re: it is finally official im done with evga 2019/11/15 21:05:39 (permalink)

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
    LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile