EVGA

evga precision x1 vs razer core x chroma (w rtx 2080 ti ftw3)

Author
FairWarning
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/11/15 15:35:26 (permalink)
i recently get a razer core x chroma for using with my desk rtx 2080 ti ftw3 ultra with my blade 15
but i having issues using the evga software, with the core conected, i cant get past the splash screen...

BUT without the core i can use it, but i need it for the oc profiles, control the fans and using the rgb of the 2080 ti.
anyone have a similar issue or fix?

(the card and everything works fine, im using windows 1909 and is the latest precision)

3 Replies Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30996
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: evga precision x1 vs razer core x chroma (w rtx 2080 ti ftw3) 2019/11/16 08:31:13 (permalink)
    Your laptop blade 15 

Common Problems with Razer Blade 15 and their Fixes

External GPU case - razer core x chroma

The Razer Core X Chroma Is The Best External GPU You Can Buy 

GPU ---> RTX 2080 ti ftw3 ultra OS Win 10  1909 

-------------------------------------

FairWarning
     i having issues using the evga software, with the core conected,

i cant get past the splash screen... BUT without the core i can use it, but i need it for the oc profiles, control the fans and using the rgb of the 2080 ti.

anyone have a similar issue or fix? (the card and everything works fine, im using windows 1909 and is the latest precision)

---> I edited your Post "quote" <----

If the FTW3 is IN the Core Chroma, how do you Run the Precision X1 without the Core ?

Could you restate your Actual Question ?

What Windows Errors do You see ?

What Have You tried ?

Are you attempting to Run As Admin with Elevated Privileges ?

List the specific Software that is running in the background Including Version

Are All drivers & Firmware up to date ?

How is your External GPU "Box" connected to your laptop ?

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

FairWarning
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: evga precision x1 vs razer core x chroma (w rtx 2080 ti ftw3) 2019/11/16 14:54:42 (permalink)
    thank you and sorry for being so messy!

Cool GTX

If the FTW3 is IN the Core Chroma, how do you Run the Precision X1 without the Core ? 

i can get the evga software running if i dont use the core with the rtx 2080 ti
    i have it installed and was using it before getting it.

Cool GTX
    Could you restate your Actual Question ?

What Windows Errors do You see ?

What Have You tried ?

Are you attempting to Run As Admin with Elevated Privileges ?

i was looking for a fix more than - going to devices and disable the gpu of my blade.

the thing is, that the evga software cant even run if you have 2 dif nvidia gpus in the system (i have the gtx 1070 max-q and the egpu)
    if i disable the one on the notebook, i can use precision with the egpu.

if i dont do that precision wont even launch, no matter what
    that is my fix, until evga can add a menu so we can choose dif gpus on the same system, like msi have...

Cool GTX
    List the specific Software that is running in the background Including Version

Are All drivers & Firmware up to date ?

all firmwares and softwares up to date, last version of windows, nvidia drivers, thunderbolt drivers, synapse...

Cool GTX
    How is your External GPU "Box" connected to your laptop ?

thunderbolt 3

post edited by FairWarning - 2019/11/16 14:59:58
    zeroxyz
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re: evga precision x1 vs razer core x chroma (w rtx 2080 ti ftw3) 2021/01/10 19:18:11 (permalink)
    I had exactly the same issue. I just got a 3070 XC3. The precision X1 won't work until I disable the 1660 Ti inside laptop. By won't work, I mean it shows the the splash logo, then nothing. Looks like the software just open and then immediately crashed. Not sure if it's related, with the core x chroma. There's 3 graphics card in the system: Intel, 1660 Ti, 3070 XC3.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile