EVGA

RMA Experience. (really disappointing at this point)

Author
digital_asylum
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/10/31 10:05:49 (permalink)
Hi guys,

So like many of you I had to go through the RMA process, cause my trustworthy GTX 1070 SC2 gave up on me after just a bit over 18 months of use. I need this graphics card for my work, so I quickly started the RMA process carefully following the guidelines and I was pretty happy how quickly things were moving and once approved I quickly posted it via next day delivery, insured and all, guaranteed to reach EVGA UK the next day before 1pm. And it did. Got the update that they received it and at this point it has been only 3 day process,  and today which is the 4th day I get an update that a replacement has been shipped, which is brilliant because I am at this point sure I should receive it by this Saturday, right? WRONG!! I got an update from UPS that the delivery is scheduled for NEXT Wednesday!!! I was like what the hell, this surely is a mistake. Sadly it's not, because it turns out the replacement is coming from Germany. I feel very disappointed. I needed this card for a workload that has been piling up and needed to be done over this weekend. I feel so let down, that they didn't even reach out to let me know that it will be coming from another country and perhaps offer me express delivery option which at this point I would have even paid for. It's like crazy how they don't reach out to offer you options before they send anything back to you. I guess my expectations were too high since this is my first experience with EVGA UK. We'll see in what condition the replacement's gonna be, just curious, because my card was in pristine condition, like I really took care of my baby. At this point I will have to buy a new GPU, because my work depends on it and I need it this weekend. Not really what I wanted to spend money on right now, but ironically my income depends on it.

End of rant.

6 Replies Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30983
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: RMA Experience. (really disappointing at this point) 2019/10/31 10:19:32 (permalink)
    Have you tried to contact CS about asking UPS to change the shipping speed ?  No. idea if they will - But I'd ask

I have no idea about Customs delays in that cross-border shipment

I'll see if I can elevate this

Time to see if any of your friends has a spare you can "rent" that will get the Job Done

Edit: seems after EVGA has shipped your international package there is not a way to change deliver speed
    post edited by Cool GTX - 2019/10/31 10:31:31

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10101
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: RMA Experience. (really disappointing at this point) 2019/10/31 10:41:34 (permalink)
    I am sorry to hear about the issue but shipping electronics can be slow when multiple countries are involved. Guess the best thing to do when talking to anywhere about am RMA you need for work is to see if they have a faster option like cross shipping or express shipping.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

digital_asylum
    Re: RMA Experience. (really disappointing at this point) 2019/10/31 11:05:46 (permalink)
    Thanks, guys. Appreciated. Yeah, I was hoping that they could upgrade the delivery option for me, but CS in EU is closed for today and like you already mentioned it seems it's not even possible. Honestly, I didn't even think that they would not get in touch with me before sending anything, this alone seems a bit crazy to me, especially because they are sending it internationally. But what do I know, it's my first time. Unfortunately my friends are mostly console peasants lol. The only one who had a spare GPU that is powerful enough for my work sold it 3 weeks ago. I so do not want to buy a new GPU, but I just don't see any other option. Will have to sell this replacement I guess. Meh. Sad really. 

Can I return this card to EVGA for a refund once I get it or is that not possible after the 30 days of purchase? 
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: RMA Experience. (really disappointing at this point) 2019/10/31 11:13:48 (permalink)
    I'd look to any shop near you and see what they can do for you - maybe they have some used Cards

EVGA only offers refunds for products purchased directly from its official website EVGA.com if such products are returned within 14 days of purchase. Returns are subject to a 15% restocking fee if the product packaging has been opened, regardless of whether the product has been used or not.

https://eu.evga.com/warranty/graphics-cards/

Exclusive Remedy and Limited Refunds

• Except as specifically provided below, your sole remedy for a defective Product shall be the repair or replacement of such defective Product in accordance with the terms and conditions of this Limited Warranty.
    • EVGA only offers refunds for products purchased directly from its official website EVGA.com if such products are returned within 14 days of purchase. Returns are subject to a 15% restocking fee if the product packaging has been opened, regardless of whether the product has been used or not.
      • For products not purchased at EVGA.com, refund claims, if any, are subject to the Authorized Reseller's refund policy and must be processed through the original Authorized Reseller's return policy. EVGA will not honor any refunds offered through Authorized Resellers.
    • EVGA does not cover shipping costs for products that are returned for a refund.

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

digital_asylum
    Re: RMA Experience. (really disappointing at this point) 2019/10/31 11:31:15 (permalink)
    I'm looking at new cards now as I've had bad past experience with used cards, but I will look at some used ones, too. Looking at MSI RTX 2070 Super Ventus OC now. It's little under £490 on Amazon. What do you think? It's definitely an upgrade from 1070. Or maybe go AMD RX 5700 XT which has pretty close performance and is cheaper. Idk, all these decisions.

Oh well. I'll just have to sell the replacement card, then. I just don't understand this crap, because I was never told that it's a possibility that they could be sending a replacement from a completely different country, I thought it's definitely coming from UK or at least that they would reach out to me and let me know. And now I've read some pretty horrifying RMA stories on here and I'm pretty sure I'll get some really unlucky pick of a replacement, too lol.
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: RMA Experience. (really disappointing at this point) 2019/10/31 13:04:38 (permalink)
    This does not help with your current situation ... but can be a learning experience for all that read this after the fact
    EVGA Advanced RMA

Is they type of service you would want in a missions critical hardware replacement

In the EU the link is: https://eu.evga.com/support/ear/

CS can offer advise if they are contacted in advance. 

Unfortunately your using an express package to send your Card, does Not elevate the return shipping

wish there was more I could do

RE: what GPU to buy ? 

I always recommend reviewing the hardware that professional software company recommends for their product

Some types of software have very specific drivers; that will accelerate performance only on specific hardware - think Quadro & other professional grade workstation hardware

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile