EVGA

GTX 980 Ti SC+ Warranty RMA Replacement Faulty

Author
oahmad
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/10/22 17:02:03 (permalink)
I recently RMA'd my original GTX 980 TI SC+ for artifacting and freezing throughout different games (Tested it on a different computer with the same issue).

I received the return card and looked at installing it today. As soon as I opened the box, I did a quick inspection and noticed the top heat sink was damaged. Reluctantly, I still plugged in the card and while booting all I heard was this noise from the card. I ensured the card was properly seated multiple times, and all power to the card was maintained in addition to the rest of the PC.
I was not able to get into Windows, I got constant BSOD's while doing so...

As I result I plugged into another computer and continued to get black screens/black lines. 

I'm at a loss for words and am extremely disappointed with EVGA and the service that I've gotten. I shouldn't be having these types of issues with two cards now. I purchased an EVGA card due to the known industry quality, but unfortunately I've had nothing but problems..

2 Replies Related Threads

Tech_JoseC
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 383
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: GTX 980 Ti SC+ Warranty RMA Replacement Faulty 2019/10/22 17:18:12 (permalink)
    Hello Oahmad,

Sorry to hear about your issues with your RMA replacement. I will be responding to the open ticket that you have and will help you find a resolution to this issue. Look forward to a response to your ticket soon!
    oahmad
    • Total Posts : 2
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: GTX 980 Ti SC+ Warranty RMA Replacement Faulty 2019/10/23 11:37:15 (permalink)
    EVGATech_JoseC
    Hello Oahmad,

Sorry to hear about your issues with your RMA replacement. I will be responding to the open ticket that you have and will help you find a resolution to this issue. Look forward to a response to your ticket soon!

Thanks Jose I got your note, however how can I ensure I won't be getting another refurbished card that is faulty? I haven't had any luck with these as you can see.. I've seen other posters in the forums with the issues with this specific card and their respective RMA replacements. (Sometimes getting a new card entirely).

At this point I'm highly concerned with these refurbished cards, as you probably can tell.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile