EVGA

Rejected RMA After APPROVAL.

Author
mrxsandersx
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/10/17 12:25:15 (permalink)
So. I paid for shipping of my card been 3 weeks. EVGA just recieved the card. Said the DUST IN THE FANS is residue AND NOT NORMAL.... this card has been in the same pc for almost 3 years. Had it RMA Once after 60 days of having it. It BLEW UP. And was smoking. They "fixed" it and sent it back now it just quits working and says. Residue on card outside normal enviroments.. I'm gonna find a different brand I own a 2070 super from evga and 3x 1070's but this 1 cant be rma due to outside normal environmental damage. What a joke seems like a ploy due to having 45 days left in warranty.

13 Replies Related Threads

EVGATech_AdamB
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1930
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Rejected RMA After APPROVAL. 2019/10/17 12:49:03 (permalink)
    Hello mrxsandersx! I apologize if there is any misunderstanding on what an RMA is. An RMA approval is an authorization to send your product in to us but it is not a guarantee that we would be able to accept it for warranty. That final decision is not able to be made until we receive the product and are able to inspect it in person. When we received the card, there was excessive residue within the cooler of the card and you should have received an e-mail with pictures showing the debris within it. If you did not receive those pictures, I would be happy to send them to you again. Due to the debris found in the card, we would not be able to accept it for warranty in that condition. If you have any questions about this, please call us at 1-888-881-3842 and we would be happy to discuss the RMA with you.

Like our service? Please provide feedback for us at the link HERE
    FROSTYBE3R
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 242
    Re: Rejected RMA After APPROVAL. 2019/10/17 15:28:51 (permalink)
    mrxsandersx
    So. I paid for shipping of my card been 3 weeks. EVGA just recieved the card. Said the DUST IN THE FANS is residue AND NOT NORMAL.... this card has been in the same pc for almost 3 years. Had it RMA Once after 60 days of having it. It BLEW UP. And was smoking. They "fixed" it and sent it back now it just quits working and says. Residue on card outside normal enviroments.. I'm gonna find a different brand I own a 2070 super from evga and 3x 1070's but this 1 cant be rma due to outside normal environmental damage. What a joke seems like a ploy due to having 45 days left in warranty.

Sounds like you need a dehumidifier.
    Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10102
    Re: Rejected RMA After APPROVAL. 2019/10/17 15:49:44 (permalink)
    It's important to keep a computer clean and dust free as much as possible. It's good to set a reminder on your phone to clean the computer about every couple months. The cleaner it is the longer a build will last. I haven't seen any of the pictures so I don't know what this card looks like but know computers can get really bad really quickly depending on time of the year and location they are in. The more often you clean the better you are able to tell how fast dust builds up.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

HeavyHemi
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 15665
    • Ribbons : 135
    Re: Rejected RMA After APPROVAL. 2019/10/17 17:17:38 (permalink)
    mrxsandersx

Reading between the lines, when you get the GPU back if you disassemble and clean the GPU, which you are allowed to do under warranty and resubmit the GPU for an RMA in a clean(er) state, I'm not sure if EVGA allows that.
    post edited by HeavyHemi - 2019/10/17 17:18:54

EVGA X99 FTWK / i7 6850K @ 4.5ghz / RTX 3080Ti FTW Ultra / 32GB Corsair LPX 3600mhz / Samsung 850Pro 256GB / Be Quiet BN516 Straight Power 12-1000w 80 Plus Platinum / Window 10 Pro

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Rejected RMA After APPROVAL. 2019/10/17 18:09:38 (permalink)
    HeavyHemi
    mrxsandersx

Reading between the lines, when you get the GPU back if you disassemble and clean the GPU, which you are allowed to do under warranty and resubmit the GPU for an RMA in a clean(er) state, I'm not sure if EVGA allows that.

I would contact EVGA first to see if it would be allowed since the GPU serial has already been denied an RMA for the condition it was when it was sent in. Also I would assume we are talking about more then just a little bit of dust that could easily be cleaned off with a can of compressed air but something more.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

mrxsandersx
    • Total Posts : 3
    Re: Rejected RMA After APPROVAL. 2019/10/18 04:04:36 (permalink)
    Yes it is pretty thick dust so I dont blame them I guess.. just sad really. Also talked to evga I am allowed to take it apart and clean it as long as I do not break any warrenty stickers so I will clean it send them the pics like they asked and re-rma. Atleast they let me do that. Just sucks to pay to ship it and do this again. With a new shipping payment lol
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30991
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Rejected RMA After APPROVAL. 2019/10/18 04:30:32 (permalink)
    thanks for the update

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 21171
    • Ribbons : 270
    Re: Rejected RMA After APPROVAL. 2019/10/18 05:31:24 (permalink)
    mrxsandersx
    as long as I do not break any warrenty stickers

There are none. And it is illegal to deny warranty based on those stickers in the US anyway.

I think you misheard or misunderstood. I think what they must have said is "as long as you don't break anything".

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
    My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30991
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Rejected RMA After APPROVAL. 2019/10/18 05:43:39 (permalink)
    ty_ger07
    mrxsandersx
    as long as I do not break any warrenty stickers

There are none. And it is illegal to deny warranty based on those stickers in the US anyway.

I think you misheard or misunderstood. I think what they must have said is "as long as you don't break anything".

or Remove the Serial Number sticker -- which does Not block any of the screws

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

HeavyHemi
    Insert Custom Title Here
    Re: Rejected RMA After APPROVAL. 2019/10/19 13:29:01 (permalink)
    Hoggle
    HeavyHemi
    mrxsandersx

I would contact EVGA first to see if it would be allowed since the GPU serial has already been denied an RMA for the condition it was when it was sent in. Also I would assume we are talking about more then just a little bit of dust that could easily be cleaned off with a can of compressed air but something more.

Which is why I both said "I'm not sure if EVGA allows it and "DISASSEMBLE AND CLEAN" not merely  'clean with a can of compressed air'. Was my text invisible?

Apparently, unless I am reading this wrong, he CAN do exactly as I suggested. That is good to know, don't you think?
    post edited by HeavyHemi - 2019/10/19 13:31:22

EVGA X99 FTWK / i7 6850K @ 4.5ghz / RTX 3080Ti FTW Ultra / 32GB Corsair LPX 3600mhz / Samsung 850Pro 256GB / Be Quiet BN516 Straight Power 12-1000w 80 Plus Platinum / Window 10 Pro

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Rejected RMA After APPROVAL. 2019/10/19 13:47:21 (permalink)
    HeavyHemi
    Hoggle
    HeavyHemi
    mrxsandersx

Which is why I both said "I'm not sure if EVGA allows it and "DISASSEMBLE AND CLEAN" not merely  'clean with a can of compressed air'. Was my text invisible?

Apparently, unless I am reading this wrong, he CAN do exactly as I suggested. That is good to know, don't you think?

I am sorry if I sounded like I didn't read the comment. Since I didn't know what kind of residue would have caused it to be denied I figured it would be first best to talk to EVGA first before taking the time to do a deep clean. I have seen some computers that have been in heavy smokers homes that nothing is going to really get the residue off of them and the tar in the smoke has gummed up the fans. I have also seen a computer that became a bee hive and I don't think that computer would ever be cleaned up from that residue.

HeavyHemi
    Insert Custom Title Here
    Re: Rejected RMA After APPROVAL. 2019/10/19 13:55:28 (permalink)
    Hoggle
    HeavyHemi
    Hoggle
    HeavyHemi
    mrxsandersx

I am sorry if I sounded like I didn't read the comment. Since I didn't know what kind of residue would have caused it to be denied I figured it would be first best to talk to EVGA first before taking the time to do a deep clean. I have seen some computers that have been in heavy smokers homes that nothing is going to really get the residue off of them and the tar in the smoke has gummed up the fans. I have also seen a computer that became a bee hive and I don't think that computer would ever be cleaned up from that residue.

I figure you still have not read my post if you are still trying to explain the same thing to me again.  Lets just let this go, I don't get why you're basically repeating my post to me, twice.
    Too reiterate "disassemble and clean the GPU, which you are allowed to do under warranty and resubmit the GPU for an RMA in a clean(er) state, I'm not sure if EVGA allows that."
    post edited by HeavyHemi - 2019/10/19 13:57:23

KILLER_K
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 772
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Rejected RMA After APPROVAL. 2019/10/19 18:09:06 (permalink)
    delete please
    post edited by KILLER_K - 2019/10/21 15:20:05

My Affiliate Code: EKD06T601Y

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile