EVGA

EVGA is stuck in 1995 - Bank transfer the only available method of payment?!

Author
HSKSWE
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/10/18 15:29:43 (permalink)
I recently purchased an EVGA GPU due to hearing so many good things about the support and I therefore wanted to get the extended warranty so I visited the website and finally found the page where you can order it (which wasn't very clear to be honest). Anyway, I chose the extended warranty, pressed the Paypal checkout button and was sent to Paypal where I was met by a message stating that my payment had been declined. I thought it was strange since I'd never encountered this issue before so I even tried adding a second card (which the page asked me for) but that too was declined.

At this point I contacted the EVGA support team where I explained the matter and was more or less told that I must be mistaken, that I was wrong and that there was nothing wrong with the checkout page. After about 10 e-mails back and forth it turns out that EVGA doesn't support card payments at all for European customers, yet this was never explained anywhere and even the EVGA support had no idea what I was talking about until the matter was escalated and someone stepped in and clarified.

Apparently the EU store was set up before card payments were available through Paypal in The Netherlands and apparently some executive at EVGA has decided that it seems unnecessary to add it at a later date even though it is currently supported and has likely been for many years. I was told by the support team that the only possible method of payment was through bank transfer but that didn't work either since the checkout process still re-directs me to the page asking for my card details and I'm starting to reach wit's end after almost 20 e-mails back and forth and having to jump through all these hoops just to make a simple payment.

Nobody even uses bank transfers, card payments have been the default method of payment for goods and services online for at least the past decade if not longer and it's honestly absurd that any company at all (and a tech company such as EVGA for that matter) doesn't support card payments in 2019. Teeny tiny family owned businesses accept card payments so why can't a major company like EVGA do the same? Even if it's a huge hassle to add card payments to Paypal (which I doubt, it would likely suffice with a simple conversation with the Paypal team) there ought to be a way to use an external payment processor? As you can probably tell this has been a rather frustrating experience and this thread serves several purposes. In part to increase awareness but also to ask for tips on how to proceed as I over a month and a bunch of emails later still can't pay for the extended warranty and in part naturally to shame EVGA and spark a public opinion.

It is beyond my comprehension how it's not possible to pay by card in this day and age and how unwilling EVGA seem to be to get up to speed and update their checkout procedure. If this applies to orders of actual physical items through the EVGA store as well then EVGA must be losing out on LOTS of business opportunities due to people simply not even being able to purchase said items regardless of effort. Is it really that unreasonable of me to ask for and expect a streamlined and simple checkout process?

post edited by HSKSWE - 2019/10/18 15:34:04

4 Replies Related Threads

Tech_JoseC
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 383
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: EVGA is stuck in 1995 - Bank transfer the only available method of payment?! 2019/10/18 16:00:48 (permalink)
    Hello! Sorry to hear that you are experiencing troubles with submitting payment for an Extended Warranty on our EU Website. I will get in touch with our EU team and try to find the best possible solution for you.

-Jose C.
    EVGATech_MarkusK
    EVGA EU Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 315
    Re: EVGA is stuck in 1995 - Bank transfer the only available method of payment?! 2019/10/23 05:15:58 (permalink)
    Hi,

thanks for the overview - credit cards or least some of them are not working within the EU accounts - so please contact us back through [link=mailto:supporteu@evga.com,]supporteu@evga.com,[/link] let us know the years you want to purchase - thanks,

Markus
    HSKSWE
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: EVGA is stuck in 1995 - Bank transfer the only available method of payment?! 2019/10/27 11:01:45 (permalink)
    EVGATech_JoseC
    Hello! Sorry to hear that you are experiencing troubles with submitting payment for an Extended Warranty on our EU Website. I will get in touch with our EU team and try to find the best possible solution for you.

-Jose C.

EVGATech_MarkusK
    Hi,

thanks for the overview - credit cards or least some of them are not working within the EU accounts - so please contact us back through  let us know the years you want to purchase - thanks,

Markus

Thanks for trying to help but it almost seems like I'm being ghosted by the support...They sent me an e-mail on the 19th (saturday) claiming that they had forwarded the ticket for escalated review and that they would get back to me in 1-2 business days. Fast forward to the 24th (thursday) and I sent them a reply politely asking for an update and perhaps some form of manual Paypal invoice sent to my e-mail since I can't figure out any other way to make the payment but I still haven't heard back.

I know that it's not up to you guys but the answer I got from the support team when I asked why card payments weren't supported was basically that the higher ups didn't feel it was necessary which is honestly laughable in this day and age and I'm pretty sure Paypal would be able to process your card payments if you simply contacted them and asked for them to add the support. Even if they for some unlikely reason would decline your request there are plenty of other payment processors which would gladly help you add card payments as a possible payment method but that too requires that you as a company are interested in such a solution which doesn't seem to be the case. I would have purchased the warranty straight away if it was possible but here I am a month, 20 e-mails and a forum thread later and I'm still not any closer to actually being able to pay for my order.

wmmills
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5679
    • Ribbons : 40
    Re: EVGA is stuck in 1995 - Bank transfer the only available method of payment?! 2019/10/28 01:02:42 (permalink)
    This is good you brought this up because in the US, at least, if you pay for something with your bank account directly instead of your credit card you don't get the same fraud coverage/protections etc... Well, that's the case with Wells fargo anyway cause I went through this with them a few years ago. Very frustrating to say the least.

MOBO: EVGA x299 Dark, CPU: I9 10900X, RAM: Patriot Viper RGB 3600 32gb, SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, M2: Samsung 970 EVO+ 1TB, PSU: CoolerMaster M2 1500, CPU HSF: EVGA 240 CLC HSF~ P/P EK Furious Vardar, G-CARD:EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming w/Hybrid kit and Noctua IPPC 3000 P/P, CASE: LIAN-LI PC-V2010B w/ Window mod, OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, MON: Alienware AW3821DW

New EVGA product? Register it NOW with this link:
    http://www.evga.com/register/default.asp?affiliatecode=4QFQRAMOII
     Help Our Vets From K-2!
    [link=https://strongholdfreedom
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile