EVGA

Helpful ReplyNeed help/memory refresh on how to do a very simple/basic minimal OC on a 2080 Ti FTW3

Author
jdwinn87
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 105
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/10/16 10:56:53 (permalink)
It's been a pretty long time since I've overclocked a GPU. I'm looking to do a very basic/minimal overclock on a EVGA GeForce RTX 2080TI FTW Ultra Hybrid. I need to know what software/programs to download and just overall process if you guys/gals can help out. Not looking to do anything crazy, just a simple basic overclock. Much appreciated.

CPU - i7-8700K
Corsair Hydro Series H100i GTX High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard - ASUS PRIME Z370A
16GB DDR4 3200 RAM
1500W PSU
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 31001
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: Need help/memory refresh on how to do a very simple/basic minimal OC on a 2080 Ti FTW3 2019/10/16 11:44:08 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby EVGATech_JoseC 2019/10/16 17:48:38
-  Use two separate PCIe power cables from PSU to GPU for BEST stability

EVGA X1

push the power & temp Target full right - Click a profile Number (0-9) - then the Apply button & then the Save button

You can also set a Custom Fan Profile to help the card stay cooler - though you will have the sound of fans

Let Nvidia Boost 4.0 do the rest

You Card is Factory OC

A Dive Deeper into OC settings:

Run the Auto Scan - can take 20 min to complete

The Number generated after the Auto Scan is then Added to your GPU

Then you can - Slide your Temp & Power targets Full right & set your fans at 100% -- Run Auto Scan a second time

[You can attempt to run the First Auto Scan with these settings - though it may crash]

Auto Scan does Not OC the RAM, that is a manual process.  You'll need to run a benchmark software to load the Card - during testing

These cards will take OC of the RAM - start with +200 on RAM (After GPU OC is found) - if stable go +50 MHz until you find your cards max

May people (myself included) report +900 to +1000 on the RAM as stable ..... However testing in small steps is best

From the Scan test Value to see if more is possible & stable---> Small adjustment to your GPU MHz  - maybe 20 MHz at a time & test for stability

- run benchmark software to load the card to manually test for better GPU OC

Why 20 MHz -- that is 1 Step for the 20 series cards

From Max OC --> I reduce by 10% for best day to day stability

Stability from program to program Can Be Different:  whether Games or Benchmarks you can expect different Stable OC settings, especially if your at the edge of stability

-------------------------------------------------------------

You must Save to a Profile Number - click on any 0-9

Then Apply Button & then Save Button

for Auto load of Last Open Profile there are a couple of items to check mark to make it work - launch on Reboot & Load previously saved Profile#

You need to select - Both of these:
     1) "Start on with OS"
     2) "Apply previous settings on load"

WARNING:  when trying to Find your best OC, Do Not select the "apply previous settings on load" --> if its an unstable setting you do not want these to load and crash your Rig on restart ---- right

then click:  Apply & then Save  (these are needed to save changes to a profile, cant remember if its need to save the auto start, have not changed mine in months)

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Tech_JoseC
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 383
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: Need help/memory refresh on how to do a very simple/basic minimal OC on a 2080 Ti FTW3 2019/10/16 17:49:14 (permalink)
Cool GTX

Very nice rundown
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile