EVGA

Precision X1 Destiny 2 (Also LEDS)

Author
SocksWthSandals
  • Total Posts : 7
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/10/15 10:31:00 (permalink)
I was having some issues with Precision XOC (multiple versions) that would cause Desinty 2 to lock up in cut scenes and loading scenes. So I decided to install X1 which so far is pretty awesome! However my issue with the game locking up is still a thing. I dont have OSD enabled and I have also tried deleting the PrecisionXServer file to see if that would stop with no luck. Ive seen a few others across the web having the same issues but nobody really has a fix. Any ideas?

Also dumb question, I see where I can change the leds in the program, but it seems I can only figure out how to change the side led, I dont know how to change the top led on the backplate (1080ti ftw3)

Running latest windows 10
1080ti ftw3 latest drivers
precision x1 version 1.0

6 Replies Related Threads

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49168
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: Precision X1 Destiny 2 (Also LEDS) 2019/10/15 10:39:49 (permalink)
    So without precision running you don't get any lockups? For changing leds on your card I'd recommend using xoc instead of x1. Does msi afterburner cause lockups for you?
    aka_STEVE_b
    EGC Admin
    • Total Posts : 17692
    • Ribbons : 69
    Re: Precision X1 Destiny 2 (Also LEDS) 2019/10/15 10:51:23 (permalink)
    I'm running latest X1  & played Destiny 2 several times in past week - haven't had any issues like you describe .

It may be an issue with the 10X series cards and the latest drivers...? 

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X  12-core cpu~ ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero ~ EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3~ G.SKILL Trident Z NEO 32GB DDR4-3600 ~ Phanteks Eclipse P400s red case ~ EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G+ PSU ~ Intel 660p M.2 drive~ Crucial MX300 275 GB SSD ~WD 2TB SSD ~CORSAIR H115i RGB Pro XT 280mm cooler ~ CORSAIR Dark Core RGB Pro mouse ~ CORSAIR K68 Mech keyboard ~ HGST 4TB Hd.~ AOC AGON 32" monitor 1440p @ 144Hz ~ Win 10 x64
    SocksWthSandals
    Re: Precision X1 Destiny 2 (Also LEDS) 2019/10/15 10:55:52 (permalink)
    Sajin
    So without precision running you don't get any lockups? For changing leds on your card I'd recommend using xoc instead of x1. Does msi afterburner cause lockups for you?

Correct without it running I have not got any lock ups. Have not tried MSI Afterburner just due to the fact I cant have a custom fan profile for all 3 fans (Unless thats changed since last time I looked at it)

aka_STEVE_b
    I'm running latest X1  & played Destiny 2 several times in past week - haven't had any issues like you describe .

It may be an issue with the 10X series cards and the latest drivers...? 

Yea its super weird! No issues without it installed. Its not something I can force to happen either. Its just at random loading screens it decides to just lock up and the game not responding so I have to close it from the task manager and re launch. Does the same thing with XOC too.
    Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49168
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: Precision X1 Destiny 2 (Also LEDS) 2019/10/15 11:01:37 (permalink)
    SocksWthSandals
    Correct without it running I have not got any lock ups. Have not tried MSI Afterburner just due to the fact I cant have a custom fan profile for all 3 fans (Unless thats changed since last time I looked at it)

That is correct you can't have a custom fan profile for all 3 fans on msi afterburner, but you don't really need it either since the memory and power fans will spin on their own when they get hot enough. You can still setup a custom fan profile for the gpu fan though. If you must control all three fans you could set your fans manually to whatever speed you desire in xoc, and then close xoc, and only use afterburner afterward.
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31005
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Precision X1 Destiny 2 (Also LEDS) 2019/10/15 11:41:57 (permalink)
    SocksWthSandals

Also dumb question, I see where I can change the leds in the program, but it seems I can only figure out how to change the side led, I dont know how to change the top led on the backplate (1080ti ftw3)

precision x1 version 1.0

What I had to do on my cards: 
    My EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid - AIO Folding Rig

Win 7 64bit Pro

Precision OCX ver 6.1.14

Color has been selected ----> NOTE: if your LED does Not Work, make sure it is Not set to Black = (off)

This works: Appearance LED --> "EVGA LOGO" set to (LED Visualizer) --> set "Backplate"  (Static ON ) & (Follow Badge Color) --> Only way "Logo" stays On

However on Second GPU ---> these turn off the "Logo LED" - (on second card only)

Static On -->kills Logo LED only --> Backplate fixed LED
         Rainbow --> kills Logo LED only --> Backplate Rainbow functions
         Breathing --> kills Logo LED --> NO Breathing Backplate fixed LED

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

SocksWthSandals
    Re: Precision X1 Destiny 2 (Also LEDS) 2019/10/15 11:56:04 (permalink)
    Cool GTX
    SocksWthSandals

precision x1 version 1.0

What I had to do on my cards: 

Win 7 64bit Pro

Precision OCX ver 6.1.14

Color has been selected ----> NOTE: if your LED does Not Work, make sure it is Not set to Black = (off)

This works: Appearance LED --> "EVGA LOGO" set to (LED Visualizer) --> set "Backplate"  (Static ON ) & (Follow Badge Color) --> Only way "Logo" stays On

However on Second GPU ---> these turn off the "Logo LED" - (on second card only)

Static On -->kills Logo LED only --> Backplate fixed LED
        Rainbow --> kills Logo LED only --> Backplate Rainbow functions
        Breathing --> kills Logo LED --> NO Breathing Backplate fixed LED

Yea that definitely works on the OCX version, but I dont see where I can set backplate to anywhere on the X1 version of Precision X.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile